Plastic pants - leg openings ripping

DiaperGuy08

chronic bedwetter in diapers
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
As I have mentioned previously, wearing plastic panties with my diapers is fairly standard for me. Growing up, my parents always forced me to wear plastic or rubber panties overtop my diapers for added protection. Now as an adult, I just feel like something is missing if I don't have a pair on. And I do like the added sense of security they bring. However, I have been noticing that the leg openings keep getting holes and ripping apart on several pairs of my plastic panties.

TBH, I do have quite large thighs as a result of some of my regular exercise routines. The issue I seem to experience is that with some pairs, my thighs will stretch the elastics on the leg openings to the point the seams rip just slightly and then small holes will appear. (This doesn't happen all the time thankfully.) When I have ordered larger sizes of plastic panties, the leg holes will fit much better, but then the waist size ends of being huge.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any possible solutions or recommendations to be offered? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks
I had the exact same problem for years. My quads were very big from bodybuilding and as a result I could buy plastic pants that fit well at the waist but were stretched to the limit at the leg openings. I found a company called Fetware and I was able to order custom sized plastic pants from them which solved the problem. Nowadays I'm almost exclusively in disposables so that's no longer a problem for me. Usually a Betterdry (fits me the best)
Megamax or Safari

BuffedBaby said:
I had the exact same problem for years. My quads were very big from bodybuilding and as a result I could buy plastic pants that fit well at the waist but were stretched to the limit at the leg openings. I found a company called Fetware and I was able to order custom sized plastic pants from them which solved the problem. Nowadays I'm almost exclusively in disposables so that's no longer a problem for me. Usually a Betterdry (fits me the best)
Megamax or Safari
Thanks for the feedback. It is nice to know that someone else can relate to this same problem. (The curse of wearing diapers and having large quads, I guess!) I will defintiely check out the Fetware site you mentioned. I wear BetterDry, Rearz, or ConfiDry 24/7 disposables too, but like the added security of the plastic pants. Thanks again for the info.

BuffedBaby said:
Megamax or Safari
I am so in this boat and thought I just had a messed up body. 😂 I wouldn’t say I’m ripped, but even after losing 40 pounds (now about 185), my thigh-to-waist ratio is still weird. I guess it’s better than the other way around, as at least our scenario helps prevent leaking. Still, I have a S/M waist when it comes to ordering AB stuff, but L/XL thighs.

onecho said:
I am so in this boat and thought I just had a messed up body. 😂 I wouldn’t say I’m ripped, but even after losing 40 pounds (now about 185), my thigh-to-waist ratio is still weird. I guess it’s better than the other way around, as at least our scenario helps prevent leaking. Still, I have a S/M waist when it comes to ordering AB stuff, but L/XL thighs.
Contact Fetware, they will custom make (or have the vendor make) plastic pants to your measurements. I can't say enough about their customer service and their products. Top notch!

Reactions: onecho
Same problem for me: athletic legs and a tough time with plastic pants. I've lately turned to custom-fitted diaper covers, such as available from Monika at DependEco. In stock pants, like the Gary vinyl pull-ons, I have to shop first by leg size, then choose the smallest available waist size. And I'm still swimming in unwanted extra material.

Last edited:
onecho said:

I’m the same in that I have a small waist but large thighs. The only plastic pants that work for me are the kind which fasten at the front with poppers or Velcro rather than pull-up style.

I also find some disposables (Eg ABU Peekaboos & Little For Big) are hard to get fitting right as when I go for a size M they are tight around the thighs and get uncomfortable but if I go for a size L they are loose around the thighs and often leak. I think it’s worse with AB diapers than medical ones as they tend to have wide crotches. Very frustratimg!

There are a number of vendors who will accommodate custom sizes.
Here are a few. Your size is best when it’s in the middle. For example, if you measure 26” thigh, that should be the middle point of the leg opening.
https://www.plastic-pants.com/
Just look for where it says custom.

DiaperGuy08 said:
As I have mentioned previously, wearing plastic panties with my diapers is fairly standard for me. Growing up, my parents always forced me to wear plastic or rubber panties overtop my diapers for added protection. Now as an adult, I just feel like something is missing if I don't have a pair on. And I do like the added sense of security they bring. However, I have been noticing that the leg openings keep getting holes and ripping apart on several pairs of my plastic panties.

TBH, I do have quite large thighs as a result of some of my regular exercise routines. The issue I seem to experience is that with some pairs, my thighs will stretch the elastics on the leg openings to the point the seams rip just slightly and then small holes will appear. (This doesn't happen all the time thankfully.) When I have ordered larger sizes of plastic panties, the leg holes will fit much better, but then the waist size ends of being huge.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any possible solutions or recommendations to be offered? Thanks for your help!
You might try different manufacturers of plastic pants--I have some comco ones that have two snaps on the bottom of each leg--so they can be adjusted to fit tighter or looser. Comco is not in business any more, but there might be other manufacturers that have similar products.

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I’m the same in that I have a small waist but large thighs. The only plastic pants that work for me are the kind which fasten at the front with poppers or Velcro rather than pull-up style.

I also find some disposables (Eg ABU Peekaboos & Little For Big) are hard to get fitting right as when I go for a size M they are tight around the thighs and get uncomfortable but if I go for a size L they are loose around the thighs and often leak. I think it’s worse with AB diapers than medical ones as they tend to have wide crotches. Very frustratimg!
Leg openings and waistbands are easily taken in. Just fold the elastic back on itself until it is comfortable then hand sew a few stitches at each end of the overlap.
Doing the overlaps in the back (but not where your spine is - if doing the waist or a large amount at the thighs use two overlaps) gives the pants more forward openings and doesn't look altered from the front.

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet PVC plumbing pipe cement (actually a solvent) would work on many plastic pants (mine are PEVA so I doubt it would work). So cut out or add to your heart's desire. Heck, Frankenstein together a waist of one size, leg openings of another, and the perfect amount of plastic both front and rear.

Or get some of those custom pants ;-)

Some people like to wear tight plastic pants which will split on the seams eventually as i do sometimes taping up the leg holes and putting the shower head in the top feeling them filling up and sagging between the legs and swelling out around me getting so heavy until they burst usually at a seam super feeling with all that water inside them bulge and sag mmmmmm. then pop they burst.

Last edited:
As a boy who has worn rubber(plastic) pants all my life over cloth diapers, I have found that once in awhile the seams along one side will separate. I suspect its more of a quality control problem during manufacturing more than anything else. Sometimes we pin a contour diaper first and then pin a prefold over that and a couple of cloth inserts inside my contour, making my diapers quite thick and bulky, but I don't recall the seams seperating any more often then when I just have one prefold and a couple of inserts, which is why I suspect its a manufacturing defect.

I have this same problem. I have gone up one size and the side seam issue lessen, but there is the manufacture issues. Changing time diaper company gladly sent a new pair to replace the faulty ones. As for the other tears after multiple usage the "puckers" in the leg bands start to tear. This is why I get maybe a year out of the legs.

I did have issues with Babypants and most of there pants did the side seam pop. the owner argued that I was ordering the wrong size, so I did go up one size and it happened about half the time. That is why I changed over to Grays, and only had it happen once and that was the one I got replacements for no charge and NO ARGUMENT!

As for the other issue. I reduced my weight 100 lbs and the 4x were way to lose so I did some sewing tucks on the legs and waist bands. I just came in about one inch on both sides of the waist band and did a mattress stitch back and forth twice to reinforce the size reduction.

DiaperGuy08 said:
Sounds like they are too small, Gary pant has more in between sizes than most, size them to fit your legs.
I wear mine a little loose at the waist at night(2xl) where during the day I wear a large.
I also wear a heavy cloth diaper over my disposable at night.

Try Protex Medical. They have so many options. The collector's edition pull on pant is amazing.

I like to fantasize about having a tight pair of plastic pants on and my friend asking me where he should start to rip them he did rip them sometimes usually from the top of the seam to the leg holes both sides then ripping the plastic from the elastic at the back from seam to seam strange huh?

DiaperGuy08 said:

Yes I have a problem with side seams coming apart on plastic pants. I have not had a problem with any of my rubber pants.

Back