Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anyone know of any plastic pants which are designed for use with disposables? So far I only know of these: http://www.fetware.com/pull-plastic-pants-for-disposables-p-14.html. These I have several pairs and they are really fantastic. They have a wonderfully snug but comfortable fit. I really don't like having all the excess pvc (typical of full cut plastic pants). It kinda gives a plastic bag feeling. I would really like to know if there are any other pants out there which are designed to have less bulk. I'd especially love to purchase some with prints.

PUL plastic pants are often used with disposables. They are available from many sites, however Garywear brand is frequently mentioned. They are waterproof but breathable and not as hot as vinyl. I have a pair on order but have not received them so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

The thing about trim plastic pants and excess material is that it would have better containment of leaks with more materials. Disposable diapers already have that layer of plastic. Adding another layer of plastic to put over it wouldn't really do anything beside looks as it wouldn't add much benefit at all. It would be like doubling your diaper without making holes in the first diaper.

Plastic pants with excess material only adds a small amount of containment when the diaper has exceeded it's limits. The excess material completely covers the diaper and creates a sort of pocket that can hold a small amount of leakage. The less pocket you have, the less barrier it creates.

If you only want it for looks than go for it, otherwise they're not adding any kind of benefit.

I agree with TallMan, though I have found that simply wearing snug-fitting brief-style underwear over my diaper and then using the Gary Wear pants is a great way to absorb small leaks and get the most out of any diaper. I recently bought some Space Diapers from ABU, but must have gotten a size too large because they leak out the sides well before the whole diaper is used. Putting on snug-fitting underwear helps keep the diaper from sagging, holds it closer to my body, and the waterproof pants keep everything contained. Problem solved. (Except for the wet underwear, that is.)

-RMS

SuperTed, I am a recent convert from plastic (Drytex) to PUL. As TallMan and RMS say, if your disposables are plastic backed then I'd question the additional protection.

Many disposables these days are cloth backed and that additional layer of protection that plastic or PUL pants bring is important especially if you are having extended wear (eg overnight).

I find plastic pants don't tend to last very long - after a few washes they can become quite brittle. They also tend to be quite sweaty!

For this reason I recently switched to PUL. They may be more expensive upfront but they should last much longer. I have both 'grownup' plain white and more AB prints.

The only downside as far as I can see so far is that they don't seem to retain the odor so well compared to traditional plastic pants. I wear at night and my wife has never complained so maybe I am being hyper sensitive.

I buy from Changing Times in the U.S. It takes a while and is not a cheap option but the service has always been very good and the choice in the UK is not that great.

Anyway good luck!

Kind regards MEHE

I agree with RMS above. When I used to use plastic pants with a disposable diaper, I always wore cotton briefs over the diaper and then put the plastic pants over that. It contained leaks that much better, keeping the diaper closer to my skin, and allowed me to feel the leak before it wet the bed. For me, I only sleep in a thick premium diaper such as Dry 24/7 and have since not leaked, so little need to ever wear the plastic pants now. Also, using a booster pad did wonders for me when I did not have a premium diaper available. With that inside, leaks were rare.

Thanks for the replies. I realise many people don't see the point of plastic pants with the disposables. For me it gives added security, hugely improved odour control and a nice soft plastic feeling. They decrease rustling in public too. I have a pair of the Gary Activewear briefs in navy blue. They are definitely comfortable but not very babyish feeling. If they made those same briefs in cute colours or prints, I think I'd be set. Definitely going to check out changing times though.

If you are in Australia. - you can get these products from down-undercare.com.au Due to the au/us $ they are not as cheap but they are great products. From 3xs - 5xl. I should add that we are a very ab aware company and have another site - littles-downunder.com.au

SuperTed said:
Thanks for the replies. I realise many people don't see the point of plastic pants with the disposables. For me it gives added security, hugely improved odour control and a nice soft plastic feeling. They decrease rustling in public too. I have a pair of the Gary Activewear briefs in navy blue. They are definitely comfortable but not very babyish feeling. If they made those same briefs in cute colours or prints, I think I'd be set. Definitely going to check out changing times though.
My statement was misunderstood, I believe that plastic pants do offer an extra layer of protection, but, the trimmer plastic pants do not provide the same protection as more the poofier versions.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
My statement was misunderstood, I believe that plastic pants do offer an extra layer of protection, but, the trimmer plastic pants do not provide the same protection as more the poofier versions.
That is probably true. Bigger catchment area [emoji12]. The trim plastic pants do hold everything nice and close though which helps with gaps around the legs.

SuperTed said:
That is probably true. Bigger catchment area [emoji12]. The trim plastic pants do hold everything nice and close though which helps with gaps around the legs.
Onesies and stretchy athletic underwear are an essential combo for a great fit.

Babykins make some excellent trimmer fit plastic and rubber pants for use over disposables as well as on sies that support the "whole package"
Consider browsing there site .

Tetra said:
Babykins make some excellent trimmer fit plastic and rubber pants for use over disposables as well as on sies that support the "whole package"
Consider browsing there site .
Thank, I will check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back