Plastic Pants for cloth backed disposables

tomcat

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi all

What is the deal with Plastic Pants for cloth backed disposables as new to transistioning from pull ups (abena abriflex) to abena abriform or Molicare elastic (when they come in stock),

Thanks

Reactions: Angelapinks
What do you mean with what is the deal? I wear disposable cloth backed diapers (when I don't wear real washable cloth diapers) and I don't need plastic pants over them. Right now I am wearing one of those Molicare Premium elastics

I think some folks prefer some kind of barrier pant with clothlike covered disposables because the diapers can sweat a bit (for lack of a better term). They feel damp outside after use and also smells may migrate.

I don't really like the idea of a barrier pant with a disposable, although if I wore more diapers with clothlike covers, I might think differently. For me, it would be less about the sweating than a preference for a smooth plastic feel and a crinkle (purely an esthetic preference).

Reactions: AmTheBaby
I have tried plastic pants with cloth backed diapers, for me when the diaper gets wet the warmth inside the plastic pants causes condensation within the plastic pants, and in my opinion it then causes the tapes to get damp, lose there stickiness and loosen quite badly and after a while when the diaper is getting quite wet you end up with diaper sag.

Lordleeky said:
I have tried plastic pants with cloth backed diapers, for me when the diaper gets wet the warmth inside the plastic pants causes condensation within the plastic pants, and in my opinion it then causes the tapes to get damp, lose there stickiness and loosen quite badly and after a while when the diaper is getting quite wet you end up with diaper sag.
It not condensation. Feel the outside the cloth back diaper after its wet it will feel damp. Which most fabrics can handle. So think about that when you have clothing on or when you sit on the furniture. Now if you have plastic pants on That dampness has nowhere to go. You can sit on plastic and get the same dampness.

I would always wear plastic pants with disposable diapers as I have for the past 2 years due to my ongoing urine incontinence problem. Never trust just the diaper on it’s own as it will most often let you down in a place and time you really did not expect. I find plastic backed diapers are best and then plastic pants over the top in case of leakage. In bed I recommend using plastic backed sheets disposable to allow for any leaks when laying on your side as you can still experience leaks from both the diaper and plastic pants. I would also recommend wearing a plastic pant one size larger than normal with the diaper as it tends to stop leaks. If the pants are too snug over the diaper you will get a heap of leaking. With that in mind some types of plastic pants vary greatly in size. You need a pair over the diaper that allow free movement and space around the diaper but will also support keeping the diaper in place as it gets wet and bulky. One last point, I strongly recommend getting good quality plastic pants as the cheap ones are rubbish and fall apart etc you will save yourself a lot of money and hassles if you buy the good plastic pants from the start. I believe the Gary brand of pants has been one of the best so far. Hope all this assists someone along the way.

I think some people just like wearing plastic pants. I have a special needs child who wears Molicare diapers. We have never had a problem with it soaking through to her clothes. Although, we don’t leave her in a wet diaper for a long time. If I wear a disposable diaper, it is almost always cloth backed without any diaper cover. Again, I don’t wear them for a long time wet, but I don’t notice them getting damp on the outside.

I wear for pleasure so I rarely leak. I wear plastic plants as part of the experience of being diapered. I read of a trick to prevent early leakage problems. Wear cotton underwear between the diaper and plastic pants. One time when I leaked, it soaked up the urine and it all stayed in closed.

Ill wear plastic pants over a plastic disposable all the time. It almost seems incomplete in my mind. I dont care for clothlike ones. As A child was always put in plastic pants over the diapers. Mom was very cautious.

Reactions: Straycatz, Safari and Angelapinks
tomcat said:
Hi all

What is the deal with Plastic Pants for cloth backed disposables as new to transistioning from pull ups (abena abriflex) to abena abriform or Molicare elastic (when they come in stock),

Thanks
You don't need to wear them but it adds peace of mind that you will not leak if you are going out wearing. I have had leaks at the leg gathers when the pull ups and the plastic pants are not tight enough. I am always afraid of wrecking my heated leather seats in my SUV if I leak too much and on one occasion last week it ran down my leg as I was going into a shop. I never know when I am going to go, it just starts. I was wearing casual pants and a lady behind me asked if I sat in something wet. I told her I was trying to take a drink from my water bottle while driving and dropped it in my lap. The wet spot was all down my leg by the time I got in line and even though I was wearing a 3/4 overcoat it became visible at that point.

While I prefer plastic back diapers, I enjoy some variety and when I wear a cloth back disposable diaper I like to wear plastic pants for two reasons: 1) The smooth and soft feeling of plastic pants is nice, and 2) cloth back diapers sag when I wet them and the plastic pants keep them from sagging.

Reactions: Straycatz and Angelapinks
With the Higher Strain of COVID-19. Plastic pants for cloth back diapers should be a must.

I wear mostly cloth diapers, so plastic or rubbers are no question. But if I wear disposables I prefer BetterDry together with a tight plastic or rubber pant

Lestat said:
With the Higher Strain of COVID-19. Plastic pants for cloth back diapers should be a must.
I am confused. What does one have to do with the other?

Reactions: linkins96 and Angelapinks
InkoBubi said:
I wear mostly cloth diapers, so plastic or rubbers are no question. But if I wear disposables I prefer BetterDry together with a tight plastic or rubber pant
I am like you, whether it is plastic back diapers with a flannel pull up style pant on top or pull up style pants for daytime trips, I always cover with tight plastic pants or real rubber pants for peace of mind. It has saved my bed or even my car seats more than once.

RedPandaDL said:
Perhaps limited use of bathrooms and peace of mind for leak free travels. That would be my guess.

RedPandaDL said:
It is not yet known whether other non-respiratory body fluids from an infected person, including vomit, urine, breast milk, or semen can contain viable, infectious SARS-CoV-2. The thing is with Cloth Back disposable diapers is they seem to always be damp. So transfer to other fabrics is possible. With the new higher infections Strains, it could be worse.

Last edited:
Back