Not open for further replies.

Serendiapity

Still Kovy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Hey, ADISC. I'm finally in the market for a pair or two of the best plastic pants money can buy. Only problem is, I don't know that much about what I should look for... While this is ultimately a matter of personal preference, I'm sure, I'd like experienced users' opinions of the best of the following criteria:

-Style (pull-on or snap; lined or not; etc.)
-Material
-Brand/manufacturer
-Merchant
-Anything else of potential value to a plastic pants noob like me.

I've tried researching this independently, but my findings are inconclusive at best. Thank you all for your time; I hope you can help me!

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I have a question about those plastic pants in the video chuck. Basically I am looking for plastic pants that's built to last (I.E. durable). Which one of those in that video last the longest as far as plastic pants are concerned? And what site can I go to that sells them?

Last edited:

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
That's a challenge. I've heard the Gary Plastic Pants are fairly high quality. My main issue is I use diaper creams a lot, so I try not to get too expensive plastic pants-wise, the creams and any oils usually degrade the pants. I tend to get the ones from Baby Pants or I have a supplier in China if I want to get extra cheap ones and don't mind waiting. The baby pants ones also have ones that are a lot like the gerber ones I grew up on and are super crinkly.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
That's a challenge. I've heard the Gary Plastic Pants are fairly high quality. My main issue is I use diaper creams a lot, so I try not to get too expensive plastic pants-wise, the creams and any oils usually degrade the pants. I tend to get the ones from Baby Pants or I have a supplier in China if I want to get extra cheap ones and don't mind waiting. The baby pants ones also have ones that are a lot like the gerber ones I grew up on and are super crinkly.

I will second mattyd on this one.

I have the cream white plastic pants from BabyPants and they also sell Grays plastic pants. I have gotten well over a years worth of use, with care for them. Size is important, and one warning would be that if you get a tight comfortable fit, be careful when you sit down or sit up real fast. The pressure inside can increase real fast and the weak spot is in the side seam.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Most Durable Plastic Pants for the Money

-Manufacturer - Salk
-Style – Sani-Pant Model #850 (pull-up style)
-Material - plasticized nylon with soft cotton elastic binding on the waist and legs
-Brand/manufacturer – Salk
-Merchant – Metro Medical Online

http://www.metromedicalonline.com/sanipant.html#.VH4cNd3zfBc

Salk's Sani-pant 100% Waterproof Cover-Up holds absorbent pads, panties, and diapers to give you complete confidence, day or night. Its soft cotton elastic binding on the waist and legs won't chafe or irritate your skin. Used in combination with the Salk SaniPad™ this urinary control brief offers heavy bladder control protection that preserves dignity and comfortability. As a high-quality incontinence garment, the Sanipant protective underwear withstands repeated laundering. Its plasticized nylon is thicker and sturdier than the DMI Incontinent Pant. Like all Salk products, Sani-pant features well-crafted design for maximum durability and unparalleled comfort. Sizes S-XL. Select Snap-On or Pull-On.

Extremely durable and well constructed. This manufacturer makes a large line of Medical productsusually associated with incontinence and nursing care.

Metro Medical has a single item price for these plastic pants ($11.25) with a significant savings when you order three or more pairs (unit price $10.69).

Shipping is free with a minimum $50 order. If you are a new customer and provide your email they will send you a coupon code for an additional 10% off.

For Cyber Monday, Metro Medical sent me a coupon code for a 15% discount on my entire order. I picked up 6 pairs for $54.53 (Unit price @ $9.09). With reasonable care (rinse and hang dry between uses) and gentle cycle wash weekly. They should last 12 to 24 months.

Although I have tried the snap-on style, the full, pull-on style plastic pants offer much greater leak protection (which is the primary purpose for wearing plastic pants over diapers.)

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Another alternative to plastic pants is PUL pants. I've switched to unlined PUL and like them real well.
You can find them at www.changingtimesdiaperco.com These are made by Baby Kins for Robert.
Also you can find them at www.babykins.com and www.dependeco-adult-diapers.com

This grumpy old man concurs. For durability no plastic pant even comes close to PUL. The ones I have are all made by Gary. I've gotten them either from Adult Colth Diaper or, more recently Angel Fluff. Angel Fluff sells high-back PUL on special order, reason enough to buy from them.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
There is also www.fetware.com, who is in Hooksett, New Hampshire, not all that far north from where I live here in New Hampshire.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've got a couple pair of PUL and they hold up amazingly well. I think you can even get some through Amazon, because they carry All Together Diaper Enterprises diapers, etc. Most suppliers now carry PUL. Angel Fluff is supposed to have some high waist PUL pants as well.

Obagink

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Changing Times is my preferred vendor, and I like the Gary brand 7MM Comfort Snap (http://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/proddetail.php?prod=GVP-7COMSBLUE). I also really like the Suprima S1250 from B4NS (http://www.b4ns.com/index.php?PageType=Product&Supplier=Suprima&ProductLine=VinylPants&Product=S1250), but only the colors that come in 7mm (lavender, yellow, and white). Ebay can be good, but you have to be a bit careful. One other note: Robert from Changing Times is amazing. I had an issue earlier this year with a product I purchased and he was absolutely fantastic to interact with. Robert brought back the lost art of Customer Service!!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Hey, ADISC. I'm finally in the market for a pair or two of the best plastic pants money can buy. Only problem is, I don't know that much about what I should look for... While this is ultimately a matter of personal preference, I'm sure, I'd like experienced users' opinions of the best of the following criteria:

-Style (pull-on or snap; lined or not; etc.)
-Material
-Brand/manufacturer
-Merchant

I've tried researching this independently, but my findings are inconclusive at best. Thank you all for your time; I hope you can help me!
Kovy, are you contemplating cloth diapers, or are you wanting some extra protection on top of disposables? Most of what is being discussed on this thread is the non-lined sort, and that kind of pant is mostly for cloth diapers. For disposables, you really want a pant that can absorb a small leak, because otherwise anything that leaks into the pant will just slosh around until gravity helps it find an escape route. There's no way back into the diaper, unlike with cloth.

I only have experience with the non-lined pants, as I wear these over cloth diapers. I have some 4-mil Gary pants from Changing Times that have lasted nearly three years, however I'm not wearing them more than once or twice a week. There is a bit of oxidation/discoloration in the elastic gathers, but so far nothing catastrophic. Failure has to be near, though! One of my own challenges in finding pants that worked was the diameter of my thighs. I'm an avid runner/walker, and my thighs are 27" in circumference. Most pants with leg holes of that size also have simply ridiculous waist sizes -- for very overweight people. The sizing of the pants sold by Changing Times is a bit friendlier to my body shape.

DLbillAL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
I agree that the Gary brand panties are some of the best. I found them on ebay. Also I found a pair of plastic panties on ebay that had a double leg guard. This was an extra leg tab that keeps wetness from leaking at the leg openings. They only came in blue and pink and were out of blue. I got pink. I do not know the brand but the extra leg protection was part of the name. I could not find them again as the company ran out and has not put them on ebay again. But that was several months ago.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have to disagree about Gary plastic pants. I find them not to be very durable. I don't know if it's because where I live, but the plastic deteriorates rather quickly. They become brittle and easy to tear at the seams on the sides. I don't use any creams or powder. I cleaned them as instructed, and they just go bad. The thing is that I didn't wet in them in cloth diaper, I just worn them over disposables.

I do live in Louisiana, it gets pretty humid here and I sweat pretty often during warm/hot days.

My personal preference is the Gerber white plastic pants from Baby-Pants. I've owned 2 pairs for 2-3 years. They have been durable and fit over thick cloth diapers and they crinkle nicely and have stayed soft and haven't yet shown any signs of weakness.

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Alright I was looking at fetware when I found what looks like a really good set of plastic pants. Here's the problem. They are extremely expensive. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that I must buy the 3x-Large size for $59.53 (includes shipping and handling) which happens to be the most expensive as that is their maximum size and by happenstance the only one that will fit me at least comfortably. (yes it will fit comfortably though) The reason why I like this is because it looks like I am getting what I paid for and I think I can make this thing last really long with proper maintenance. Essentially I think it will pay for itself by simply not needing to be replaced but I can't be %100 sure of that. The only other reason why I want to get these plastic pants is because they are perfect for me in regards to leaks during the daytime for my IC issues and they are lined with a little extra protection which is really nice in case a leak happens in the diaper I am wearing in public situations. Does anyone think it could at least in theory be worth buying these plastic pants? here's a link that shows them http://www.fetware.com/ultraflex-flannel-lined-p-179.html

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I use Suprima plaaastic pants every day. It's model 1249 and 1250, the snap-on style.

They are great quality pants and have a wide crotch so they cover your diaper perfectly. Also the reason why I wear plastic pants, is they help cut down smell during the day. And help if my diaper leaks, once it's saturated.
I also have Gary plastic pants, but I like Suprima a lot more.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I really don't know how you tolerate wearing plastic pants over you diapers in this summer weather. I'm also in Louisiana. I never have worn the Gary ones, I do a agree that the baby pants ones don't have the same problems with getting as brittle (the Chinese ones I've got, tend to have the problem after a few months of wear). Most of the problems I have with the baby pants ones are that they split at the sides. I often only wear them at night sometimes or when we have the few months of winter. I just could handle the super humid weather and plastic pants, so committed to just wearing absorbent enough diapers so I didn't need to wear plastic pants anymore.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I prefer using snap-on plastic pants, that way I get some airflow, because I tend to don't close the center button. That way I get the extra protection between my legs (Where you usually leak) and still help with odor related issues coming from the top of the diaper.
for the record, I use plastic backed disposables during the day.....with plastic pants on top.
Night and at home, always cloth diapers, which do require plastic pants all the time (Pull-up type)

babylilygirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Well, for what it may be worth, I have tried a variety of plastic pants over the years and have come to the conclusion, for me anyway, that pull on Gerber White plastic pants from Baby-Pants give me the best protection from leaks (with cloth or disposable), are extremely durable, remind me of actual plastic baby pants from years ago and, very important for me, they make a noisy crinkle sound.
I have used a variety of the Gary baby print design plastic pants. The babyish look is excellent and their leak protection is very good when new. I switched to the Gerber white plastic pants after I found all my Gary pants developing cracks around the leg and waist elastic areas, after 6 months or so, causing leaks. The Gerber pants seem to go forever without this issue.
I do like, and have a number of PUL pants with various babyish fabric prints. They seem very durable but lack the noisy crinkle of Gerber that I like.
My experience with side snap plastic pants has not been good, I have tried them and they all had leak issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.