Plastic Backed Abena is back! (Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know, that it seems like that the plastic backed abena is back now. :biggrin:
You can get it from dreamcare.fi. Especially finns are lucky due the cheap shipping. I don't know if they post to outside europe, but if you know something about it, comment pls.

By the way, I'd like to make a comparsion of this M4 abena, comslip and the forma-care. Where can I post it? In this topic?

grtz.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know, that it seems like that the plastic backed abena is back now. :biggrin:
You can get it from dreamcare.fi. Especially finns are lucky due the cheap shipping. I don't know if they post to outside europe, but if you know something about it, comment pls.

By the way, I'd like to make a comparsion of this M4 abena, comslip and the forma-care. Where can I post it? In this topic?

grtz.

Yes you can.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Ooh! That is interesting! Have you used the company yourself? Is the service good?

orionstar

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have. It's excellent. Works as it is supposed to.

No, i have no affiliations to that company. I have ordered ABU sdks from there about 4-5 times.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have. It's excellent. Works as it is supposed to.

No, i have no affiliations to that company. I have ordered ABU sdks from there about 4-5 times.

That's good to know. Maybe I can break into my stash of M4s now, if I don't need to ration them!

I see you're from Finland as well. I wonder how the company handles international deliveries... I guess it might take a bit longer, but there shouldn't be any tax or customs charges to pay since we're both in Europe... Is that right...?

orionstar

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
That's good to know. Maybe I can break into my stash of M4s now, if I don't need to ration them!

I see you're from Finland as well. I wonder how the company handles international deliveries... I guess it might take a bit longer, but there shouldn't be any tax or customs charges to pay since we're both in Europe... Is that right...?

Yes, that's right. Between EU countries there shouldnt be any tax or customs. Shipping might cost more ofcourse.

VolumeOfPoison

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Save express seems to carry them as well. Though I must say, dreamcare's webpage is a bit more inviting.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sounds good news, I had to switch to tena, which whilst comfortable have terrible tapes. I wonder how long it'll take UK suppliers to get the plastic ones back.

I also wonder how many people threw their toys out of the pram when the cloth ones showed up probably unexpectedly for many, and perhaps the extra laundry caused some bigger customers to get out expensive pens.

Have the bags/boxes got a manufacture date on them btw? Like I really hope its not just old stock, although if it is good find and thanks for sharing :)

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Have the bags/boxes got a manufacture date on them btw? Like I really hope its not just old stock, although if it is good find and thanks for sharing :)

The bags I got (before they stopped supplying them in the UK) have an expiry date printed on the side... And I've heard that the version available in the US now doesn't have the elastic strip in the back of the waistband (boo!)... so I imagine, since Abena produce them all in Europe AFAIK, they'll be from the same production process.

BabyFoxDK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
A friend of mine gets them from the government, from Abena's export production.

For a while, the ones he got were in clear bags (without expiry date I suppose). They are now back to the original printed packaging, and with production dates in April and March.
I ordered a box from save express, and the production date was from March, so it would indeed look like they're putting them back on the market.

ThatOneGuy95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I just got M4's. I'm actually kind of bummed that it's plastic backed. I was hoping for cloth.

Agumon

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When the news first came out about the plastic backing on the abena I cleared out my wardrobe and now have a wardrobe full of plastic M4's. Really thought it was going to be the end for plastic backing and planned accordingly and used sparingly. Perhaps soon I can start enjoying them a bit more regularly.

I Still can't understand the logic of selling them to other sites and not directly on their own UK site. Haven't checked the cost but I'm guessing shipping from mainland europe into the UK isn't exactly wallet friendly unless there's anywhere in the UK selling the plastic ones that I've missed?

thomas93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can also comfirm that this site (dreamcare) is reliable, and i have used it several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.