Planned changes for the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
As you might have noticed I've been asked to be the lead editor for the wiki. So I've got a few ideas and am looking for some people to volunteer as editors.

First of all I want to get some help with organizing the wiki. We need to work at categorizing articles because that allows us to use a tree-like hierarchy for the whole wiki, meaning it's easier by an order of magnitude for people to find things. This is something I need a lot of help with so anyone who wishes to help in this area should feel free to do so. If you're not sure how to categorize a page, have a look at Wikimedia's Category introduction.

Second, I want to make it easier for people to contribute. The first thing here is the addition of the Contributing page. If you know a lot about editing wikis, consider posting your IM handle here so that people who want to know more about editing can contact you. I'll be the first: message dannytheninja391 on AIM, [email protected] on MSN, or dannytheninja on Yahoo if you'd like some help with editing the wiki.

Third, I think it's important that those that are currently editing focus on discussion and collaboration. I haven't seen a whole lot of this so far. A wiki is about building a database of knowledge that no single person can create alone, so how can we do that without collaborating and discussing proposed changes to articles?

Fourth, we need ideas! Even if you don't want to write (or don't know how to), you can suggest an article or tell the editors about something you found that's awry (such as vandalism). Be as bold as possible in suggesting ideas - it never hurts to ask. If you add an idea or a message to the editors, be sure to sign your name (this can be done automatically with four tildes: ~~~~).

Last, but most importantly, we need more content. Diaper reviews are a great place to start. Talk about what sizes fit what waist sizes, what the absorbency's like, how comfortable they are, how you can get them, etc. Remember that we have a very much international audience, so mention the country/countries where you can get the brand of diaper you're reviewing.

Ideas are welcome. Post any ideas, comments, or thoughts here.

--Danny :ninja:

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I'd be happy to be a Wiki underling... er... editor. If you give me areas that you think need any improvement, I'd be glad to contribute, Danny. (I would be happy to write some Diaper Reviews for multiple products!)

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
My full suggestion is in the "Suggest an article" page, and I too would like to help edit. I don't really know how Wikis work, but I'm good at proof-reading. ^_^

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I proudly volunteer. Under your suggestion, I've taken up learning a bit on wikitext. I got plenty of sources and friends who are *B/DLs as well as Furrys. I do get a whole buttload of different diapers everytime I get new ones, so I can write reviews as desired. I was already planning on adding a bunch of "different" topics to the wiki that are important enough to be wiki-able, but most people don't think about.

You know of my peeve on organization, so I'd probably spend endless nights on getting every typo corrected and organizing topics in whichever order desired.

Anyone is welcome to shoot me an IM (or a PM):
AIM: xthund3rh3adx
MSN: [email protected]
Yahoo: xthunderheadx393

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
I'd be happy to continue to lend a paw when I can, although my time is spread pretty thin right now.

As for ideas, a page on the various forums and channels might be helpful. It might be worth running a quick search to see if there is already a page on a given topic already. Duplicate and non-duplicate articles take about as much time to get together, but the non-duplicate ones provide more value.

By the way, congratulations: the infantilism article briefly made the first page on Google when searching for (you guessed it) "infantilism." The more well-informed and respectable sources we can get up there, the better defended we'll be against those who wish to mock, distort, or threaten.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
How do i write a full diaper review? Also someone destroyed InconJenOnWheels Wiki article about Molicare Super and Super Plus. I would really like to see more content written for the diaper reviews sections and other parts of the wiki.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
How do i write a full diaper review?
Check out the instructions at this link. The instructions themselves aren't too great right now, I hope people are able to understand them.

Also someone destroyed InconJenOnWheels Wiki article about Molicare Super and Super Plus. I would really like to see more content written for the diaper reviews sections and other parts of the wiki.
I checked the history for both of these pages and neither showed Jen in the history. It might have something to do with the fact that she got banned, but I don't think her wiki edits would have been destroyed because of it.

Feel free to help out wherever you're able, betagame. I'll be the first to promise that if you make constructive and helpful edits you will be rewarded with reputation (this goes for anyone that makes wiki edits).

That's the other thing I meant to bring up. I'm going to start a "nominate a revision" thread soon where you can nominate a specific edit for + reputation. (But if it deserves negative rep, notify us on the editors' noticeboard too!) This will be the principal way to earn rep for wiki edits for now, because it means that "real" rep including comments and such can be issued, instead of a moderator going to the mod CP and changing your rep count manually.

--Danny :ninja:

Role
Private

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm willing to help, if only because I have never learnt how to edit wikis and it is something I want to. Once I have learnt how to I will definitely try to get involved in doing this.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'm not good at writing but I can show people a thing or two about wiki formatting.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'm not good at writing but I can show people a thing or two about wiki formatting.
Well I'm the opposite, so we'd make a great team. :D

My IMs are
[email protected] (YIM) and
[email protected] (MSN).

Anyone needing help with Wiki stuff, feel free to message me through IM, or PMs on here. Just let me know who it is, so I won't block you. I've gotten some weirdos lately. ^_^

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Like Lukie, I, too, have created several wiki articles of which I am the sole (or primary) contributor:

What is Diaper Rash?
How to Make a Diaper
How to Make Diaper Liners
How to Make Diaper Doublers
How to Make Your Own Diaper Rash Creams
How to Make Your Own Baby Wipes

I also compiled the wiki: Diaper Commandments and contributed to the Meeting with Others wiki article.

Unfortunately, I don't really have much time these days for wiki-ing. I would be happy to proof read (as many of you know, I'm a stickler for spelling, grammar and punctuation!) if someone needed it. However, the only way to contact me would be through PM on the site here, as I am not about to give out my MSN/Yahoo IDs pubicly. (There's a reason they're not on my postbits!).

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The Molicare Wiki Page.

Also someone destroyed InconJenOnWheels Wiki article about Molicare Super and Super Plus.
Sorry, just found this thread. The original diaper review was on a page simply tittled "Molicare." Since that is a diaper "Brand" instead of a diaper model, I changed her article to a diaper brand only, added a few things, and then created the Molicare Super and Molicare Super Plus pages. Unfortunately, I have not found the time to write a proper review.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
We need an article on how to make it so your bladder is hard to control for a short time. Also an article on getting diarrhea and methods on losing bladder and bowel control for a short time.
Anybody have suggestions on the name of the wiki article??
And also a teen diaper bondage safe methods and tools wiki article will be nice.
Can somebody think of names and category's for those two ideas???

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
We need an article on how to make it so your bladder is hard to control for a short time. Also an article on getting diarrhea and methods on losing bladder and bowel control for a short time.
Anybody have suggestions on the name of the wiki article??
And also a teen diaper bondage safe methods and tools wiki article will be nice.
Can somebody think of names and category's for those two ideas???
... erm, I don't really think we should promote Teen Bondage and incontinence causing stuff.

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
... erm, I don't really think we should promote Teen Bondage and incontinence causing stuff.
I have to agree. Anything "Teen" is a liability. The social issues faced by teens need to be discussed, since they are different than those of older AB/DLs living on their own. In what (legal) ways would "teen bondage" differ from adult bondage?

This might be a good time to consider a policy limiting the practices that are covered in the wiki. Should illegal practices be categorically excluded? Should unsafe ones be categorically excluded? Should such practices be marked with a specific warning symbol? Should there be a standard disclaimer?

Also, while giving thought to bondage pages, we might want to give some thought to the bondage pages on other wikis:
Bondage (BDSM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Bondage - Wipipedia
etc.
The decision would be whether to link to the other wikis and focus on developing unique content here, or to start new articles in the hopes of this one being a very broad wiki someday, even though much of the content is covered elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.