Plain Vinyl Plastic Pants or PUL

Freddie07601

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was severely urinary incontinent until late in childhood, always a night wetter, and severely urinary incontinent again for the past 23 years. I'm 77 and wear diapers 24/7. I've been wearing Gary PUL plastic pants for years because they're comfortable and easy to care for. I've always recognized that PUL pants are NOT great for containing leaks.

For a long time I had very little concern about leaks. Lately, though, I've been wetting more heavily, especially at night, and I have had a wet t-shirt and a wet bed pad several mornings during the past few weeks. I HATE leaks and the feeling of loss of control that so often accompanies them. That's likely related to the high functioning autism I've been living with all my life and to the fact that my mom also hated diaper leaks and always did her best to keep my bed dry.

I have gone back to Leakmaster Deluxe plain vinyl pants, at least at night and I've been adding a pull-on cloth diaper under the plastic pants. Depending on how things progress, I may decide to wear plain vinyl instead of PUL pants all the time. They are less comfortable, but also less likely to leak as my wetting patterns change. Wearing vinyl pants again evokes strong memories of childhood, very pleasant memories for the most part.

I'm interested in the experiences of others, both incontinent and ABDL, who wear plastic pants. Do PUL pants protect you adequately or do you feel a need for vinyl pants?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Napincolove, Woncrinklz, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Freddie07601 said:
Do PUL pants protect you adequately or do you feel a need for vinyl pants?
I wear PUL covers only at night over a boosted disposable or during the day over a cloth diaper, never at night over a cloth diaper. In my experience, the best pants for containing leaks are encased elastic vinyl pants. The second best are vinyl pants without encased elastics.

Reactions: chuck, Woncrinklz and Freddie07601
I'll take note of this and act accordingly as I've suffered from leaks wearing the GaryWear active plastic pants too. Maybe it's time for a change up.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and Woncrinklz
I wear the rubber/vinyl pants over my nighttime diaper because they haven’t leaked so far. BUT they are too “hot” for me come the warmer weather.

Wearing to bed has been a huge adjustment for me given that I’ve been sleeping naked since high school. Never could stand pajamas or even a t-shirt in bed.

Freddie07601 said:
I was severely urinary incontinent until late in childhood, always a night wetter, and severely urinary incontinent again for the past 23 years. I'm 77 and wear diapers 24/7. I've been wearing Gary PUL plastic pants for years because they're comfortable and easy to care for. I've always recognized that PUL pants are NOT great for containing leaks.

For a long time I had very little concern about leaks. Lately, though, I've been wetting more heavily, especially at night, and I have had a wet t-shirt and a wet bed pad several mornings during the past few weeks. I HATE leaks and the feeling of loss of control that so often accompanies them. That's likely related to the high functioning autism I've been living with all my life and to the fact that my mom also hated diaper leaks and always did her best to keep my bed dry.

I have gone back to Leakmaster Deluxe plain vinyl pants, at least at night and I've been adding a pull-on cloth diaper under the plastic pants. Depending on how things progress, I may decide to wear plain vinyl instead of PUL pants all the time. They are less comfortable, but also less likely to leak as my wetting patterns change. Wearing vinyl pants again evokes strong memories of childhood, very pleasant memories for the most part.

I'm interested in the experiences of others, both incontinent and ABDL, who wear plastic pants. Do PUL pants protect you adequately or do you feel a need for vinyl pants?
My night time routine is to put on a Tranquility ATN diaper and then a flannel pull on diaper pant from Kins. Over this I put on real rubber pants also from Kins. Since doing this I have not had a leak on the mattress although the flannel pull on diaper pant is a little wet at the leg bands once in awhile.

CLPP said:
I wear the rubber/vinyl pants over my nighttime diaper because they haven’t leaked so far. BUT they are too “hot” for me come the warmer weather.

Wearing to bed has been a huge adjustment for me given that I’ve been sleeping naked since high school. Never could stand pajamas or even a t-shirt in bed.
I burn on the hot side, too. I haven't found any good night stuff for leaks, so I get no sleep. Drag. Up every 2 hours!

I'm here at this thread interested in this because I was viewing my sadly large assortment of plastic pants. I leak. I just do. I sleep on all sorts of mats. Hmph. Not very good. I just leaked today. Sin!

I laughed to myself just a minute ago thinking, "Screw it! I'll just wrap myself in the plastic table cover I got last summer from the dollar store for $1.25. It's pink, and rectangular, long. Can make two wraps...if I cut it in half! It should be cherry! But hot...But it's cold now! So...I laughed to myself again in self-doubt.. I'll stay warm and safe at least. No leaks if I waddle to the bathroom whence awakening." Ugh.
I bought a lot of plastic pants. I only think I have 2 out of my bundle I would consider for most of the night. Not the ones with the fruits on the back! BS. I have strawberry and Pineapple.
Proper pants all the way down plastic? No. That's an Etsy thing, no?

I got some nice short proper ones somewhere, red, and yellow. They kick-butt! I forgot where I got them. Too bad Gerber rubber pants are not sold for adults. They worked amazingly well. From what I recall.:unsure:🤗🫣

Reactions: Freddie07601
Angelapinks said:
My night time routine is to put on a Tranquility ATN diaper and then a flannel pull on diaper pant from Kins. Over this I put on real rubber pants also from Kins. Since doing this I have not had a leak on the mattress although the flannel pull on diaper pant is a little wet at the leg bands once in awhile.
Sounds like you are as protected as a person can get. I have only vague memories of real rubber pan from childhood. Do I recall correctly that they sometimes squeak?

Reactions: Angelapinks and Woncrinklz
Freddie07601 said:
Sounds like you are as protected as a person can get. I have only vague memories of real rubber pan from childhood. Do I recall correctly that they sometimes squeak?
Sorry to interfere here, but sound effects? How fun! Maybe, or they do, I bet! That is, have a musical ...I was just thinking. I'll drop it. But I got a good idea. Greeting cards sing! Why not...ah. But...

Wondercrinkee said:
I'm here at this thread interested in this because I was viewing my sadly large assortment of plastic pants. I leak. I just do. I sleep on all sorts of mats. Hmph. Not very good. I just leaked today. Sin!

I laughed to myself just a minute ago thinking, "Screw it! I'll just wrap myself in the plastic table cover I got last summer from the dollar store for $1.25. It's pink, and rectangular, long. Can make two wraps...if I cut it in half! It should be cherry! But hot...But it's cold now! So...I laughed to myself again in self-doubt.. I'll stay warm and safe at least. No leaks if I waddle to the bathroom whence awakening." Ugh.
I bought a lot of plastic pants. I only think I have 2 out of my bundle I would consider for most of the night. Not the ones with the fruits on the back! BS. I have strawberry and Pineapple.
Proper pants all the way down plastic? No. That's an Etsy thing, no?

I got some nice short proper ones somewhere, red, and yellow. They kick-butt! I forgot where I got them. Too bad Gerber rubber pants are not sold for adults. They worked amazingly well. From what I recall.:unsure:🤗🫣
I only recently learned that plastic pants are available on Etsy. I haven't looked. My mom made my plastic pants for years. Always plain white and sturdy. My older brother had a warped sense of humor. He once bought me a pair of plastic pants as a gift. They were pale blue, with FOR DEPOSIT ONLY (like a stamp people used on checks) printed on the seat. People thought they were hilarious. I ask to wear them a lot. I liked that they made people happy. I guess I was about 7. Around the house, my usual way of dressing was just diaper, plastic pants, t-shirt, and slipper socks.

Reactions: vp39 and Woncrinklz
Freddie07601 said:
I only recently learned that plastic pants are available on Etsy. I haven't looked. My mom made my plastic pants for years. Always plain white and sturdy. My older brother had a warped sense of humor. He once bought me a pair of plastic pants as a gift. They were pale blue, with FOR DEPOSIT ONLY (like a stamp people used on checks) printed on the seat. People thought they were hilarious. I ask to wear them a lot. I liked that they made people happy. I guess I was about 7. Around the house, my usual way of dressing was just diaper, plastic pants, t-shirt, and slipper socks.
That's a cute story! It reminds me of silly things a friend of mine did for a medical check "down below". They put a "don't open until Christmas" sticker on their bum! Lol. They were just being silly. The doctor laughed.

Reactions: vp39 and Freddie07601
Wondercrinkee said:
That's a cute story! It reminds me of silly things a friend of mine did for a medical check "down below". They put a "don't open until Christmas" sticker on their bum! Lol. They were just being silly. The doctor laughed.
I always liked when people seemed to be enjoying something I did. Felt like I was the center of positive attention instead of ridicule. I was the only member of my extended family still in 24/7 diapers past the age of three.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Freddie07601 said:
I always liked when people seemed to be enjoying something I did. Felt like I was the center of positive attention instead of ridicule. I was the only member of my extended family still in 24/7 diapers past the age of three.
But I am happy you were surrounded by love. Diapers or not, humor is so healthy. I had a lot of fun with people to learn from, I'm so thankful for it.

So far my PUL pants have saved me from many leaks and I now prefer the feel of them over my old vinyl pants and of course these last for a really good length of time unlike my vinyl that were only good for two weeks then cracked up on every opening making them unpleasant to wear and you could not use any creams with them.

If your wearing cloth diaper definitely plastic/vinyl panties are a must !
For my self I realy like using Gray Active Wear and Dependence Pul panties over my plastic cover diapers I wear .
I do feel they are more dependable and last much longer, easier to wash after wearing them for some time.

Freddie07601 said:
I would not say they squeak but you can hear a rustling noise when you pull them down or up. If you are in a small bathroom the noise can be heard and I am pretty sure most people would know what the sound is. I keep them well powdered with baby powder as they will start to de-grade if you don't take care of them. I have one pair that got a small tear in the side so I hung them up in my workshop as a reminder to fix them. When I finally got some rubber cement to do the job the pants were hanging like a deflated ballon and one side was starting to harden to a brittle state. Not usable or fixable. They are not cheap and now in short supply so I was a little upset. That being said they are a few years old and have been worn many times.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I wear pul spreader pants from Etsy. There very well made. I do have to purchase another two. One is made extra wide. I will say that it does need two full velcro bands instead of one and a half

Reactions: Angelapinks
DiaperedChastity said:
I wear pul spreader pants from Etsy. There very well made. I do have to purchase another two. One is made extra wide. I will say that it does need two full velcro bands instead of one and a half
Have seen them but never tried them. It sounds interesting and like chastity s kind of appealing.

Wondercrinkee said:
I'll just wrap myself in the plastic table cover I got last summer from the dollar store for $1.25. It's pink, and rectangular, long. Can make two wraps...if I cut it in half! It should be cherry! But hot...But it's cold now! So...I laughed to myself again in self-doubt.. I'll stay warm and safe at least. No leaks if I waddle to the bathroom whence awakening." Ugh.
:unsure:🤗🫣
No joke, on a couple occasions I’ve slept wrapped up with bath towels in a plastic shower curtain just in case. These were sleeping away from home after drinking where a wet bed would have been a disaster. Better safe than sorry … in both cases the precaution wasn’t necessary.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and Woncrinklz
WBxx said:
No joke, on a couple occasions I’ve slept wrapped up with bath towels in a plastic shower curtain just in case. These were sleeping away from home after drinking where a wet bed would have been a disaster. Better safe than sorry … in both cases the precaution wasn’t necessary.
I fully agree. And, no. No joke. But I feel goofy doing it. (now I can still laugh. At myself) It's rather frustrating with the monster leaks. I never know if rubbing alcohol on my sheets or comforter will suffice...but necessity is the mother of invention.

They should rethink them plastic pants. Eventually, I guess universal sizes and dependable plastic outer garments will be made for everyone. I either end up with too tight [around the legs,I have leg muscles/meat] or astronomically and laughably too big. So, "Necessity is the momma of inventions" I do say. (pipe in corner of my mouth as a cartoon Holmes character writing this). Lol.

Back