Votes: 20 37.0%
  • thin crust

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dixon

:pizza::pizza::pizza: ok so this thread is all about pizza.... and keep this in mind there are only 3 crust options to choose from in this thread, Deep Dish :thumbsup: medium crust :thumbsup: and thin crust :confused:
anyway this is my favorite kind of pizza :
1471256408_781147d1bb.jpg

DEEP DISH :) :D

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Pizza Hut's dough with their pizza is good...I think I get deep dish...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like medium/thin crust. In the end I'll prefer new york peperoni pizza or plain cheese pizza above all else. Until I try "REAL" pizza at some point.

Lightning

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I prefer medium crust. Thin base it to crispy most of the time and I don't feel I'm eating much. Deep dish is too much!

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Medium Crust. Down here, we just call it original. I do get deep dish sometimes, but it's not as deep as the picture Dixon posted.

Pepperoni and cheese.

We have a lot of pizza places down here, not sure which one is my favorite. They're all awesome. :D

--The Silent Assassin--

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
That'S not a pizza - that looks the size of a full-fledged cake! :eek:

Thin crust is the only true pizza. Any Italians around to back me up here?

Peachy

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I'll take medium (hand tossed) crust on mine, thank you!:)

This thread reminds me of an experience I had years ago. Back in 1971, a friend of mine and I had some business to attend to in Winston-Salem, NC. I remember we stayed at a motel on top this hill. Well, both of us being city kids, we were used to being able to get our choice of late night eats. We had all the usual burger and pizza joints in Baltimore available in those days. Not so in a smaller town like W-S! Riding all around that first night, we couldn't even find a McDonalds, BK, Hardees, or anything else. FINALLY, we saw a fast food place ahead that was open. It was a pizza joint! Not a franchise outfit like Pizza Hut, just a one-outlet-only local pizza parlor. Even though we both liked hand-tossed, we had three choices of crust: thin, thin, and thin.....so we decided on thin.:rolleyes: I tell you honestly, we had never seen such a thin crust on pizza before that night and never have since. You could see through the crust before sauce and cheese was added, it was that thin. We ordered a large pizza and were still hungry after eating it. That's because you could stack about four slices on top each other and still end up with only one normal thickness slice.:pizza: And this place did a booming business because it was the only eating place in town after dark that we could find!

Maybe, as Peachy said, they were making it the true Italian way and we just didn't appreciate the pizzaria we had stumbled across.:D

~Pramrider

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Deep dish is American and so should be snobbishly avoided. :p

I like thin-crust the best, but I eat deep-dish (we call it deep pan I think) every once in a while.

Is it common to use the phrase "take it" in this context? (In reference to the title)

D

dixon

Peachy
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: O.O still laughing about ur post peachy, no offence, but that pizza needs to be quite a bit deeper :)
but none the less, i have eaten at that pizzaria before, in chicago (where else do u get chicago (authentic) deep dish pizza? those pizzas were good :) need to find somewhere that makes the crust about an inch and a half deeper :sweatdrop:

S

soren456

That picture looks delicious, and I've had stuff like that and liked it.

But it is pizza only in the most elastic definition of pizza. I'd say it's not pizza in the same way that cobbler isn't pie.

I love thin-crust pizza for the wonderfullness of its taste and feeling in the mouth. But as Pramrider points out, it isn't filling.

(Unless you eat a whole one by yourself . . . . :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

secretdl26

I really enjoy Napoli-style pizza. Thin, crispy crust with very few topics, lots of basil and olive oil.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I do enjoy a REAL pizza. Thin crust, few spices, fresh grated cheese.... mmmm
No self respecting Italian eats deep dish!

Role
  1. Other
I like medium/thin crust. In the end I'll prefer new york peperoni pizza or plain cheese pizza above all else. Until I try "REAL" pizza at some point.

American Pizza is real Pizza. Just like "Chinese" and "Mexican" food, America has taken a name from someone else and made the food our own.

Peachy

I've had what Germans call pizza, I wouldn't trust them to know pizza if it jumped up and bit them. :D

:pizza::pizza::pizza: ok so this thread is all about pizza.... and keep this in mind there are only 3 crust options to choose from in this thread, Deep Dish :thumbsup: medium crust :thumbsup: and thin crust :confused:
anyway this is my favorite kind of pizza :

DEEP DISH :) :D

Isn't that a bit thin?

Chicago style all the way!!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I love Chicago style pizza it is my favourite!
While on the topic of Chicago , I love their hot dogs :]

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Eww, I hate pizza, or maybe it was the fact that my family loves it and eats it every other day of the week and on top of that I pretty much lived on it during lunch at high school, until I got my license XD.

But if I have to eat it, then thin crust extra cheese is all it is XD.

@dixon: You're pizza is deep enough for you to sit in eh?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Deep dish is good but I don't have it that often because I feel like crap afterwords. I go medium. :)

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I prefer Pizza Hut's Hand Tossed Pizza and with Peperoni and Mushrooms. I also like Chicago style Pizza like the one in the picture too. We used to have a restaurant called Pizza Uno and they served a great Chicago style pizza. They all of a sudden closed their doors here in Fort Wayne a few years ago and I surely miss them.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer

Peachy

Amen to that. You took the words right out of my mouth! :2thumbsup:

And...
it isn't filling.
(Unless you eat a whole one by yourself . . . . :D)

...normally, at least here in Italy, people eat a whole pizza each one! I always find it quite funny when I see, in American movies, people ordering one single pizza to be eaten by 3/4 people. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.