Not open for further replies.

Serendiapity

Still Kovy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Wow, not many saw that coming! A great game 7, exciting to the last seconds. Congrats Pittsburgh, sorry to all the Detroit fans here, I know I'm rubbing salt on your wounds. Overall, a wonderful playoffs (although I wish Atlanta was in it, and I wish Boston made it further).

...Next... the draft!

EmmEmmThree

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
<3 Red Wings. #2 to my beloved Rangers.

Cry-baby Crosby can go eat a foot.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
fgahasdfghj
Good for you. D|

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Seriously, you guys just had to kick us while we're down. First MSU loses to North Carolina, then Chrysler, then GM, then 25% unemployment, and then the Wings lose.

God hates Michigan.

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Carer
Wow, when did PA become the mecca of the sports world? Phillies win the World Series, Steelers win the Super Bowl & now the Penguins win the Stanley Cup!!

And to note, Penn State & Pitt went to Bowl Games, the Eagles made the NFC title game & I think the 76'ers & Flyers were in the play-offs!!

Wow, go Pennsylvania!!

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I stooped watching the playoffs after the caps lost out and got kicked out of my house before the Stanley cup started so i didn't even know witch teams were in it.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I was rootin for the Red Wings because two of their players are from Newfoundland and it'd would have been the second year in a row that the cup would have visited there. Oh well. Can't always have what we want. ;)

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I know there was exactly one player who was on a team that made it to the playoffs from Maryland, but I forgot who and what team he is on.

Serendiapity

Still Kovy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I stooped watching the playoffs after the caps lost out and got kicked out of my house before the Stanley cup started so i didn't even know witch teams were in it.

You're a Caps fan? Ewww...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pretty rockin' isn't it? I had doubts after they lost 5-0 in game 5, but hey, they pulled it off. Now if only the Pirates didn't suck :p.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I saw it coming though the final was the only game I saw; since the gutting and mismanagement of the Oilers, I turned my attention to the NFL, with its teams having nearly perfect losing seasons, the Cowboys getting stomped sometimes, and the Manning rivalry.

First off right away it was a full-tilt grinding game with the refs pulling no punches. I figured Pittsburg is a younger team, and barring flukes, would wear down Detroit. Pitts stuck to game plan all along, Detroit was more open and relied more on individual skill, though their offensive set up was well done. Detroit brought more offence, Pitts more steady defense; Fleury was smokin'. Pitts was simply more disciplined and did not succumb to desperation play; I foresaw this: after the first goal Detroit would get more desperate; and expected them to score, but for Pitts to accept that and score more in the long run. Detroit should have pulled the goalie down 2 and had a 6 on 4 power play; they did not and this doomed them. This is a sudden death game not a regular season game; desperate times call for desperate measures. Both got lucky, Detroit ringing a sure thing off the post, and Pitts not getting an empty-netter. I expected with Pitts being a younger team and the pace of the action that stamina would be the deciding factor, and Pitts should win. I think they won the mental game, and defeated Detroit's considerable individual talent. Yay, coaching won the game.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
This was so gratifying to watch the Wings lose. Despite the rep Crosby gets around the fans outside of Pittsburgh (Undeservedly so, the guy is a great leader and player, and is the smartest hockey play I've seen play), he deserved to lift that cup along with Geno, Fleury, Billy Guerin, Petr Sykora, and, most of all, Mad Max Talbot.

EmmEmmThree

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Fleury is a great guy. I miss him from when he played with us :(. He always had the strategies that Messier would adopt, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.