Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
OK so I recently switched companies from Swift to Celadon so in the time I been down I haven't been able to hook up my XM reciver when I finally got my antenna mounted and wires ran I booted it up to one of my favorite channels just in time for my favorite morning talk show. Was greeted with shitty music and a voice saying this channel will return shortly current programing has been removed. I was so pissed I actually threw my reciver into a wall and it exploded. After taping it back together and filing a warranty claim for "comercial truck damage" through TA they were doing a holiday special with lifetime accidental damage protection for truck drivers.

Any way it was channel 106 OutQ the only dedicated LGBT station and now I have to do without the frank decaro show. Driving has become so boring now. I don't know if I want to keep the sub anymore, yeah I still enjoy 8, 9, 10, and octane but 24 a month for 4 stations?

Based on my experience with Sirius: If you decide to cancel service, call up your credit card and stop further payments first before calling the XM provider. This way, you can just inform the provider that you are cancelling your service effective immediately (whether they like it or not), and that any further charges they submit will be fraudulent. Believe me, this is the expeditious way to do it.

If you do not stop payments on your credit card, you will likely be on the phone for well over an hour (that is, after waiting on hold more than once as you get passed from person to person) twisting the thumbscrews before they will agree to cancel your service and stop charging you. Blocking the payments on your card means you don't have to stay on the line with the XM provider until they agree to let you go.

I know they've been moving channels around lately, you may want to check an updated channel guide.

I'd also like to add that I'm a truck driver as well. I work for JB. I used to work at Swift, boy are they terrible. How's Celadon?

I'm sort of content with JB, I have a good lane and average about 2400mi per week. They also have XM in all of their trucks free of charge with the in dash radio. Most of the trailers are new and problem free, which is a big plus for me. I currently get 37cpm. I'm also home once per week for 34 hour reset. Another thing that I like is that you don't have to go by a fueling route as they let you fuel up where you want and fill it and keep going. (Major truck stops of course) We also get double points at Pilot.

What does Celadon offer?

Still have a fuel stop but routing is up to us. We are governed at 63 but beyond that they don't care so long as we don't get busted speeding. I normally have the truck pegged at 70-75 with the hills in the area all trucks are 2015, 2016 or 2017 either KW 680, Pete 579, or international eagle prostar+ all trucks have inverters and either an APU, EPU, or thermostat/battery controlled auto start/stop , the lease deal is fair, payments based on miles not a set . Trainers get trainees mile pay on top of their own plus a teir based bonus weekly between $100 to $200 weekly on a 4 teir setup. So I am gonna end up leasing a new 2017 lonestar when they get the first new batch in and I will run training full lease, it's based on 500,000 miles then a $5k flat buyout. Also home time is built up 6 out 1 home can bank up to one month consecutive and every 30,000 miles builds a week vacation at $300 for non passport and $600 for passport. Then once that's done my bank told me once I prove I can run O/O successful I can have a small business loan up to 20K starting out as a line of credit for expenses so I'll opt for stretching the truck a bit for a smaller ARI sleeper to start with and either lease to landstar, panther, or restore my grandfather's old flatbed and run sole independant.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and pay is .33 cpm company at its lowest. .33 cpm would be the 800+ mile runs highest I have gotten was .41cpm on a high value Kimberly Clark diaper run. Like no shit I was loaded to the brim with pullups, goodnites, and the standard diapers, transporting from a KC wearhouse to Walmart DC only bad part was I was not allowed to stop for any reason if the wheels stopped moving for any reason I got a phone call and if no answer immediately police. Because apparently KC has gotten their diaper loads hijacked too many times, their loads are split up to where it never stops, either ran by a team or ran solo as an 8 hour relay

Wow that's crazy, diaper bandits on the loose! Did they provide diapers for the 8 hour relay? They should right? [emoji6] [emoji12]

You get a week paid vacation after every 30,000 miles? Would you be able to explain leasing details for me?

How much are the lease payments going to be? I would hope that it would be fully loaded like their company trucks.

I tried that lease deal with Prime Inc, and boy was that a mistake, I had the truck for only 6 weeks and money started nose diving after the 2nd week even at slower speeds. Ever since then I've been afraid of getting out of the company side of any company.

Prime was just trying to squeeze all the money out of everyone that it could. They tacked on anything that they could to charge you. I had an $800 weekly lease payment and knew I would never be able to get home after those first couple of weeks. That payment didn't include insurance, and nothing else.

The magical thing was that during my last week there, I was sitting at TA in Denton Tx and the truck stop across the interstate caught on fire. The entrances and exits were blocked by police cars for the fire hoses. I messaged dispatch several times giving updates and went to sleep at 2am. In the morning, I made it to the 90 and sent arrival call and got the rudest call ever by my dispatcher. He cussed me out and everything and after I told him what happened and even posted for him to talk to police on the scene still. He refused told me I was fired. I cleaned the truck and in the way to bring it back, he called and said he would give me another chance. I asked if I would owe anything if I stayed fired, he said no, I told him to F*** himself and gave him all the insults in the dictionary that I had knowledge of..

I remained fired and that contract was voided.

That dispatcher had it out for me since the day I met him and he gave me the worst paying loads.

Be careful when leasing and don't get caught in something that'll turn you into a slave like I was.

I do wish the best for you though.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Wow that's crazy, diaper bandits on the loose! Did they provide diapers for the 8 hour relay? They should right? [emoji6] [emoji12]

You get a week paid vacation after every 30,000 miles? Would you be able to explain leasing details for me?

How much are the lease payments going to be? I would hope that it would be fully loaded like their company trucks.

I tried that lease deal with Prime Inc, and boy was that a mistake, I had the truck for only 6 weeks and money started nose diving after the 2nd week even at slower speeds. Ever since then I've been afraid of getting out of the company side of any company.

Prime was just trying to squeeze all the money out of everyone that it could. They tacked on anything that they could to charge you. I had an $800 weekly lease payment and knew I would never be able to get home after those first couple of weeks. That payment didn't include insurance, and nothing else.

The magical thing was that during my last week there, I was sitting at TA in Denton Tx and the truck stop across the interstate caught on fire. The entrances and exits were blocked by police cars for the fire hoses. I messaged dispatch several times giving updates and went to sleep at 2am. In the morning, I made it to the 90 and sent arrival call and got the rudest call ever by my dispatcher. He cussed me out and everything and after I told him what happened and even posted for him to talk to police on the scene still. He refused told me I was fired. I cleaned the truck and in the way to bring it back, he called and said he would give me another chance. I asked if I would owe anything if I stayed fired, he said no, I told him to F*** himself and gave him all the insults in the dictionary that I had knowledge of..

I remained fired and that contract was voided.

That dispatcher had it out for me since the day I met him and he gave me the worst paying loads.

Be careful when leasing and don't get caught in something that'll turn you into a slave like I was.

I do wish the best for you though.

If you want to look up the trucks and payments go to qualityco.com it's actually owned by celedon and the lease to many company's but celedon is the main owner. They have W900 studios if your lucky enough to catch one they go fast. Peterbuilt 579, kenworth t680, and t660s, prostars all with EPU and the 8 battery no idle setup, brand new lonestar's.

Everyone I talk to does a different payment plan but from what I've found they have like 3 plans avalible one is a set monthly payment for 84 months (7 years) with a $1 buy out at the end, mile based paymen's after 500,000 miles buyout is $5000 flat, and the standard weekly payments for lease without purchase. You will still end up paying twice the truck price in the end but it has a much better framework than the others. I still hear the same story's about close to payoff and miles drop, but really most people who default through quality just go home too much or are irresponsible with money. But being a trainer is basically guaranteed miles to finish out a lease because of the fact they are paying the trainee whether your rolling or not :cool: so if the truck ain't moving the training dept get quite ornery lol. But it's still the same BS as anywhere else just a better setup. To put in a innuendo it's still the same size it just hurts less going in. Lol

Plus our dispatchers are comission. They get paid per load. Um tbh I've been running 4 weeks drop and hooks with no 34 reset. Im normally planned and dispatched through Tuesday of the next week by Monday afternoon. So they keep me hopping and I know my schedule a week in advance and can plan by it so it helps. When I was with Swift after each load I sat maybe 4 to 12 hours before being redispatched, here it's go go go, no wasted hours I'm usually planed a week in advance so I am really never down unless my recap just gave a short day, which is normally used as a laundry day. It's not the best but it's better than where I was. Uh yeah vacation stacks up to 4 weeks earned after that each 30,000 just auto cashes to a $600 bonus. But that's only if one has a passport for international routing with no passport it's halved. But it's on different pay packages base with basic vacation has a higher CPM pay but less vacation, this has lower CPM but vacation stacks fast and I'm still in the process of restoring a car so vacation was appealing to me plus if I just wanted to I could cash in a week vacation anytime for a quick income boost should I need it like in the event my little brother runs up my phone bill again.

Both Sirius and XM are a huge waste of money. I just bought a new car that came with 3 months free. Very unimpressed. think my money would be better spent on the in-car wi-fi and just use Pandora. Since this is obviously the path the world is taking, I would guess that Sirius is a soon-to-be extinct dinosaur, just waiting for the asteroid to finish it off.

plasticsounds said:
Both Sirius and XM are a huge waste of money. I just bought a new car that came with 3 months free. Very unimpressed. think my money would be better spent on the in-car wi-fi and just use Pandora. Since this is obviously the path the world is taking, I would guess that Sirius is a soon-to-be extinct dinosaur, just waiting for the asteroid to finish it off.

true but for someone who runs 2500 miles a week and is never in the same State let alone the same city and at times im even in a diffrent country, XM is nicce to have plus i really enjoyed the LGBT programing. and i cant really re do the stereo in my truck as its a company truck so my options are extremely limited.

My issue is the fact that both services can never compete financially because of the expensive infrastructure (satellites). I give the whole business 5 years before it can't afford to exist any more.

w0lfpack91 said:
Oh and pay is .33 cpm company at its lowest. .33 cpm would be the 800+ mile runs highest I have gotten was .41cpm on a high value Kimberly Clark diaper run. Like no shit I was loaded to the brim with pullups, goodnites, and the standard diapers, transporting from a KC wearhouse to Walmart DC only bad part was I was not allowed to stop for any reason if the wheels stopped moving for any reason I got a phone call and if no answer immediately police. Because apparently KC has gotten their diaper loads hijacked too many times, their loads are split up to where it never stops, either ran by a team or ran solo as an 8 hour relay

I hear that razor blades are a often hijacked item too, which is why they cost so much.

I cancelled my xm 2 yrs ago when I got my new (to me) van bcause I didn't wan to to run the wires and stuff... I still get mailers "oh mr nh we love you long time, you come back we treat you good"

If my van had it as part of the radio then maybe but I don't really drive that far and have podcasts and stuff I can listen too as well.

Hey anybody ever did the audio books that you get at Cracker Barrel ?

plasticsounds said:

I agree with this.

I had gotten a XM receiver for free, through a promotion at work, but had to pay for the monthly service, so I paid for 6 months. I used it for a week and decided I didn't like it. I tried various channels, rock, rap, techno, etc. but my biggest issue was that 50% of the time I would lose connection, even on open roads with no covering.

Called them up to cancel the service and get refunded on the 5 other months, got the run around with them.
Took me nearly 8 months to get the idiots to finally stop charging me. I wish I had thought about putting stop payments on it at the bank.

5 years later, they are still sending me junk mail trying to get me back, with 1 to 3 months of free service. I'm just waiting for them to send me a envelope that is prepaid so I can send them a huge box of bricks, rocks or dirt.
Yes, I have done this to another junk mail company, after trying for months to stop them from sending me mail, After 2 times of me sending them 75+ pounds of rocks and bricks, one box was filled with nothing but dirt (in a trash bag), I stopped receiving junk mail from them.

Don't get me wrong I loved my xm. I love no commercials, 60's on 6, etc... Radio margaitaville and the comedy channels too.

FluffyMastiff said:
I agree with this.

I had gotten a XM receiver for free, through a promotion at work, but had to pay for the monthly service, so I paid for 6 months. I used it for a week and decided I didn't like it. I tried various channels, rock, rap, techno, etc. but my biggest issue was that 50% of the time I would lose connection, even on open roads with no covering.

Called them up to cancel the service and get refunded on the 5 other months, got the run around with them.
Took me nearly 8 months to get the idiots to finally stop charging me. I wish I had thought about putting stop payments on it at the bank.

5 years later, they are still sending me junk mail trying to get me back, with 1 to 3 months of free service. I'm just waiting for them to send me a envelope that is prepaid so I can send them a huge box of bricks, rocks or dirt.
Yes, I have done this to another junk mail company, after trying for months to stop them from sending me mail, After 2 times of me sending them 75+ pounds of rocks and bricks, one box was filled with nothing but dirt (in a trash bag), I stopped receiving junk mail from them.

I'm actually just the opposite I have signal for days, even under cloud cover or in "sparkley vampire land" (Washington state) signal is never an issue nor is customer service. Actually they are some of the most prompt responses I ever get. ( not saying much as most lumpers and shipping clerks have the iq equivalent of a piece of cardboard and the ego and self worth level as Kim Jung Un) but as for signal I have the $70 mirror antenna mounted at the highest point on the truck at a whoppong 13 feet off the ground so I may not have the interference the cars have with the tiny magnet roof dangle have

w0lfpack91 said:
I'm actually just the opposite I have signal for days, even under cloud cover or in "sparkley vampire land" (Washington state) signal is never an issue nor is customer service. Actually they are some of the most prompt responses I ever get. ( not saying much as most lumpers and shipping clerks have the iq equivalent of a piece of cardboard and the ego and self worth level as Kim Jung Un) but as for signal I have the $70 mirror antenna mounted at the highest point on the truck at a whoppong 13 feet off the ground so I may not have the interference the cars have with the tiny magnet roof dangle have

Yeah, my car sits only a few feet off the ground, so interference is probably pretty high.

The only antenna that I had for mine was one that you mount on the rear window, iirc, it's been years since I've seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back