Pink/blue plastic-backed Pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Awhile back I was going through some stuff in the garage and found an old stash of diapers in a box that I had forgotten about. I found a box of Pampers that were pink plastic backed, with little designs on them. The box is in rough shape, but there are three diapers in there yet that seem fine. Just wondering if anyone remembers these, and what years they were made? I kind of remember the "pink for girls, blue for boys" designs, but don't think they were around for very long?

Pampersboy827

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah I've never really seen a lot of diapers from this era since this is when I was trying not to go poo poo or pee in my pants! (Kindergarten haha) hahaha

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I believe they were from the late 80's or early 90's when pampers and huggies both made gender specific diapers for a few years
:paci:

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the gender-specific Pampers were gone by the latter half of the 90's. I was in college at the time, and don't recall seeing them in stores. The Ultra Pampers for Girls and Pampers Phases for Her were some of my favorite diapers in the late 80's and early 90's, though. I was a bit of a diaper-sissy.

A couple of years ago, Pampers put out limited edition gender-specific diapers with designs by Cynthia Rowley (an apparently famous designer who I'd never heard of before). Unfortunately, these were only available through size 4, as I recall. They pop up on eBay every now and then, but are too small for even the most die-hard baby diaper users to bother with.

Indianamommy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
☺️ That sure brings back memories. I remember watching the American baby TV show, that was one of the commercials from about I would say 1987 through 1990 or so. Enjoy your diapers, love mommy

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
it seams like diaper companies are always coming up with a new gimmick to get people to buy their diapers
like the Huggies jeans diapers or other limited time designs

Role
  1. Carer
I believe they were from the late 80's or early 90's when pampers and huggies both made gender specific diapers for a few years
:paci:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the gender-specific Pampers were gone by the latter half of the 90's.

I copied the below sentence from Pampers Wikipedia page. I appreciate that Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources but large corporations normally employ people to make sure any media information is correct at all times. It does not give a specific date, but I remember that the switch back to unisex was fairly late, about 1997. Well It does not really matter, but they are fondly missed nonetheless.

The early 1990s also saw the introduction of gender-specific diapers in the Pampers brand; the product returned to unisex diapers towards the end of the decade.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I copied the below sentence from Pampers Wikipedia page. I appreciate that Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources but large corporations normally employ people to make sure any media information is correct at all times. It does not give a specific date, but I remember that the switch back to unisex was fairly late, about 1997. Well It does not really matter, but they are fondly missed nonetheless.

Yeah, I saw that also. It may well have varied by market, though. For instance, Huggies are still gender-specific in Mexico and other Central and South American countries. I can only say that, by sometime '95-ish, my beloved girls Pampers were nowhere to be found in the stores I frequented.

Tnecniw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
and that is what annoys me to this day. I prefered when there where boy designs and girl designs

DPRCB

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I was 8 or 9 when i saw them. When they said they had walker 3. I though they had diapers i my sizes. It also proves that diapers back then was bigger than todays diapers.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Most likely mid to late nineties, I sort of remember them turning unisex around 98 or 99.
Were these single sex nappies really available in the UK before '98? I was never in them and from 1993 to 1995 I was baby-using unisex ones made my Pampers...you may have a better memory concerning this but I'm just curious.

troubleboi

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Were these single sex nappies really available in the UK before '98? I was never in them and from 1993 to 1995 I was baby-using unisex ones made my Pampers...you may have a better memory concerning this but I'm just curious.

I remeber growing up as kid/teenager in late 80's and early 90's with single sex nappies in uk, i have found a 1991 advert with pampers boy and girl. Pampers Compact - 1991 UK Advert - YouTube

I remember adverts with the absorbent pad being in different places, i can't remember if the colour was blue or pink, i just remember white colour

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I remember adverts with the absorbent pad being in different places, i can't remember if the colour was blue or pink, i just remember white colour

In the States, there were (briefly) diapers with pink/blue designs covering the outer plastic shells, but mostly I remember the colored padding and leak guards on the insides.

pamperedyellowone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I remember my mom telling me that I wore those a lot( the blue pampers) when I was in diapers ( pun intended ;) ). I was potty trained at about 4, so it would have been late 1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.