Pineapple and Pizza belong together... change my mind.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Pineapple...plus green pepper, sausage, ham, olives, mushrooms, a little pepperoni for sass, onion, and...cashews (when I had teef). And lotsa mozza!!! 🥳
Did you know the cashew comes from the fruit?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I'm with you on this one, @daddyconnor. Hawaiian is easily my favourite pizza!

🍍🍕😋

• Love
Reactions: daddyconnor, NooNoo and BobbiSueEllen
  • Haha
Reactions: daddyconnor, ade and BigBlueBear
Ok, change your mind.
Pineapple is indigenous to South America while pizza evolved from a flatbread dish in Naples, Italy.
Nature intended for them to not only be separate, but have (basically) an entire planet between them.

Reactions: BigBlueBear
angelicprince said:
Ok, change your mind.
Pineapple is indigenous to South America while pizza evolved from a flatbread dish in Naples, Italy.
Nature intended for them to not only be separate, but have (basically) an entire planet between them.

Foolish nature! Planets can't stand in the way of pineapples and pizza. Take the following facts for instance:

It's called Hawaiian pizza
But it was invented in Canada
And yet it's most popular in Australia

Pineapple and pizza have travelled so far, they deserve to be together.

Last edited:
BigBlueBear said:
Foolish nature! Planets can't stand in the way of pineapples and pizza. Take the following facts for instance:

It's called Hawaiian pizza
But it was invented in Canada
And yet it's most popular in Australia

Pineapple and pizza have travelled so far, they deserve to be together.
So, what I hear you saying is that it is most popular in a country that used to be a prison colony? As in people there are descendants of criminals?
Also, people make mistakes, you know what else traveled far from its place of origin? Smallpox, and we got smart and basically wiped it off the planet. Now we just need to do the same with the pineapple + pizza abomination.

• Haha
Reactions: daddyconnor and BigBlueBear
angelicprince said:
If you consider pizza a kind of "Naples Pie", that sounds very similiar to "Pinapples". Coincidence?

• Haha
Reactions: ade, daddyconnor and tiny
ElPulpo said:
If you consider pizza a kind of "Naples Pie", that sounds very similiar to "Pinapples". Coincidence?

Genius! 👏👏👏 😂

Let's be honest, while pineapple on pizza might be at worst a minor culinary infraction... There are people out there mixing jam and peanut butter... with doughey-gloopy bread! Some even disturb the harmonious social order by drinking HOT drinks like tea or coffee COLD! The monsters!!! :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: daddyconnor
The horror!
Pizza.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: angelicprince, ade, tiny and 1 other person
angelicprince said:
Ok, change your mind.

So allow me to illuminate you... pineapples were cultivated in Europe as early as 1658. By the 1700's they were in every major European country.

Now pizza as we know it is roughly 200 years old. Therefore pineapple and pizza coexisted in Europe for the last 200 years.

Additionally, Pizza was invented by the Chinese and brought back to Italy by Marco polo. It's true...

"Cong you bing" chinese pizza see picture below.
Spring_onion_pancake_2013.JPG

So the assertion that it should not exist because pizza was invented in Italy and pineapples origins are on a different continent is misplaced.

It should also be noted that pineapples were being cultivated in China by the 1600's pre-dating Italian pizza as we know it by 200 years! So both ingredients existed in China.

So I submit to you that only divine intervention could have brought the forces of fate together to create this culunary delight.

Invented in China, refined by the greatest culture appropriator of all time Marco Polo, and the brought to perfection in Minnesota.

<drops mic... but gently cause they are expensive"

I always get pineapple on my pizza. It's so yummy 😋

• Love
Saw this on discord and couldn't resist. Sorry Connor

Attachments

• image0-4.jpg
    image0-4.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Haha
ClaudTheBear said:
That is funny. Probably because its frozen. I hate all frozen pizzas.

daddyconnor said:
Yeah, I also think they taste better when they have been heated up.

Reactions: ClaudTheBear
daddyconnor said:
You ate all the frozen pizzas???

No wonder the shelves are bare!
😜

• Haha
ClaudTheBear said:
i shown one like that too, lol, even in different languages XD

I would try to convince you otherwise but I'm the type to order pineapple as the sole topping

• Love
I'm really picky about what pizza I eat in general. It can't be greasy and it can't have too strong a flavor, so little to no herbs in the sauce and definitely nothing on the crust, and it has to be thin crust. For toppings though Hawaiian style pizza, the canadian bacon and pineapple variety, is one of my favorites. Another one is bacon, two types of cheese and pineapple. Since the only good pizza place, in my opinion at least, in my area moved too far to order from anymore the only pre-prepared kind of pizza I'll buy is certain brands of the frozen stuff. They don't make many that have pineapple, unfortunately. The best opinion is just making my own. That way I can decide everything that goes into it and on it.

Back