pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Seriously...why do kids post pictures on their myspace and facebook accounts of them drinking and doing drugs? Don't they realize that they could get fucked over for their future jobs? Not only that, but if they ever decide to run for public office, that could re surface and massacre them in an election. Oh well, just a rant of mine. Watch what you post online.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Yeah people are stupid.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The media were going on about that here quite a while back. About how employers are searching up interviewees and potential employees on Facebook and MySpace, and basically using their profiles as background checks. It's not just young people though, really. I would guess it would be more risky for those aged 18+... especially now that the likes of Bebo, Facebook and Myspace have these privacy things that they "highly recommend" younger users use - for a totally different reason of course - and those over 18 don't tend to hide their profile from public viewing.

Scritcher

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
My cousin did something simillar:

He had got arrested for one night, because of underage drinking and intoxication. He also got kicked out of his college dorm, because of it. My mom found this out via his Facebook, where he posted this information with pride, along with drunken photos.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, posting pictures of yourself doing something illegal on a public website is just stupid. I don't think anyone will argue with that. However, I think people take the whole thing a little too far. It's fine to have pictures of yourself out having a social life and doing things.. even if some of them are silly. I think it'd be seen as a good thing that you have social skills.. as long as it's not like you're holding a beer in every picture or something, haha.

Role
  1. Other
Dude..I have to give my 2 cents on this one.

At what point does this shit become an issue to you?

On my PRIVATE myspace i have a PRIVATE album and a PRIVATE PROFILE.

This means (GASP!) that only good buddys and selective family can see the crud!

I'm pretty positive this isn't detrimental to my school/job situation.

actually, I think you're a sad case/ are you anti fun or something? I mean, you seem to only post about how fantastic and wealthy your life will be in the future and how immature and stupid kids are for having some fun every once in a while.

Goddammit you arrogant asshole! I apologize for enjoying life! Penalize me for not sitting on my asshole reading celebrity living and fixing up get rich quick schemes all day!

Role
  1. Babyfur
Well its the truth though, i mean come on you can't screw around with stuff like this
Who cares if it's on your private myspace? It won't matter when you've got a D.U.I and a police record. This stuff can mess you over in a big way . . . it all comes back to haunt you

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
But a potential employer who stumbles across something marked "private" may be inclined to wonder why such is marked "private". It's only "private" if you have something to hide, afterall.

Role
  1. Other
But a potential employer who stumbles across something marked "private" may be inclined to wonder why such is marked "private". It's only "private" if you have something to hide, afterall.

Interesting point, markdude.

God forbid you're having some fun on the weekend.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Is damaging yourself really having fun? Life goes on well after 16, and you do have to go out there and get a job. If you're self employed, a writer or musician, who cares I suppose. But if you have to work for the man, the man has eyes and a bad disposition.

I think it's easy to disconnect one's self from the real world while on the computer in the safety of one's own room. The cyber world seems unreal, like a game, and so the game is played. Move the curser and put anything out there. But then reality plays it's part, prying eyes, employers, even college admission committees. One should just use some sense.

Having said that, I suppose I have put out far too much information about myself on this site. Though this site is private to just its members, what happens if I become well known? The world is real.

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Interesting point, markdude.

God forbid you're having some fun on the weekend.

Actually I won't be, because i've lost my wallet and, the cash within.

Anyway, that's irrelevant, and my point still stands. There's no need to hide legal activities. If you need to coverup something illegal/embarassing, that's your problem I guess.

F

Falkio

People live for the moment nowadays. Nobody is provident enough to make sure that their actions now, won't hurt them later on. To be truthful, most of those people doing drugs/alcohol like that, don't have major goals later in life anyway. That is the cold, hard truth. We aren't all destined to be Rhodes Scholars. In a small way, I do respect their decision. It is a "private" profile, after all. The choice is theirs. I'm not going to stop them.

I see those types of images all the time. They know its a gamble, but they do it anyway. I doubt that will ever change. Kids these days aren't as sharp as they used to be, mind you. Let them be young and naive. Have fun now, and suffer the consequences.

They'll at least learn something.

Role
  1. Other
Actually I won't be, because i've lost my wallet and, the cash within.

Anyway, that's irrelevant, and my point still stands. There's no need to hide legal activities. If you need to coverup something illegal/embarassing, that's your problem I guess.

I'm unsure of what made my statement irrelevant, it was merely a satirical response, I which i meant to say this:

I'm simply uncomfortable with all of the steps employers are taking to make sure you're a workaholic boring person who fills out as average and predictable across the board, just so you can sit behind a desk for 8 hours. A fine interview and functional performance should be enough is what i believe.

I was merely citing that, some of the most highly fun, safe, harmless, and though provoking times I've had, I may have been doing something illegal.

And does this make me an air headed simpleton? The majority will agree.

(<3 you)

Serendiapity

Still Kovy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Not seen these on my friends' pages, but I know it exists... If you're so bitter, turn them in. See if you can get a cash reward. Then do it enough times to get your million dollars. OR... you can do what Dale Gribble tried, and apply for a job at a Hooters-type place, and when you are denied because of sex, sue them for gender discrimination! :D

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
At what point can you get arrested for photos on the web of drinking etc? I can understand a potential employer dismissing you because of them, but since when can a picture of under-age drinking be the basis for legal action? The photos are proof of nothing. I can post a picture of me with a bloody knife and a body, it might raise eyebrows, but in no way would it be proof of anything.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
oh big deal. so people have a good time and post pictures. i really don't see the harm in it. i for one know the risk of posting pictures of me drinking. having a drink isn't illegal.

get a life diaperedteenager, and you might understand why people post party pictures...

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
This is why I never except friend requests from my future employers.

KCFan92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I took a picture of myself with an airsoft gun that I painted black and posted it on my MySpace page a few years back... I took it down when I realized how idiotic I looked

Status
Not open for further replies.