Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameonetwothree

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I got one for my bday.....i never use it......ever.......ever.....ever.....(i dont really see whats so special......i prefer computers, in short)

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
My friend has that phone... I really like it, but I still have half a year left on my contract and Telus doesn't offer it :(
Icky icky yuck, Telus, dude, go with Rogers man, they are pretty cheap now, take my plan I have as an example..... :pir8:

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Icky icky yuck, Telus, dude, go with Rogers man, they are pretty cheap now, take my plan I have as an example..... :pir8:

I didn't go with Rogers because at the time they were $15 more a month for the same service. Also their coverage here is terrible (Telus is fine even when I go to peoples' cabins). Because Telus is CDMA, they can use the local phone company's towers outside the city. Rogers has to put up their own (and has been very slow at doing so).

But trust me, once my contract is up, if Rogers has fixed the whole coverage issue I'll probably switch over. I like GSM better...

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur

I didn't go with Rogers because at the time they were $15 more a month for the same service. Also their coverage here is terrible (Telus is fine even when I go to peoples' cabins). Because Telus is CDMA, they can use the local phone company's towers outside the city. Rogers has to put up their own (and has been very slow at doing so).

But trust me, once my contract is up, if Rogers has fixed the whole coverage issue I'll probably switch over. I like GSM better...
A quote from Roger's website:
From the Rockies to the Rock, we’ve got you covered.

Our network reaches 94% of the Canadian population - offering extensive coverage in both urban centres and local areas.

The combination of the Rogers and Fido wireless networks means we now offer 30% more voice and data transmission cells in Canada, offering better wireless coverage - from coast to coast.

Canada’s largest integrated wireless voice and data network is even better than before.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I have a Sanyo that looks a lot like a Razor, I am not sure the name of the phone model though. I need to get a new one, because not only have I had this one for about a year and a half but it very often randomly shuts off causing me to miss calls.

boogalah

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I used to have a Razr v3xx, but it broke on me so now I'm using my old crappy LG phone. It used to bother me but then I realized that it made calls just fine, which is what a phone is supposed to do, so I quit giving a damn about all those fancy phones. They always died on me somehow even if I took good care of them, like the phone I had before the Razr (an awesome Sony Ericsson that died twice).

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Tis is sad I am 20 years old and NEVER owned a cell phone. Then again I never really needed one and could always bum from my friends. When I do get one I think I'll get something from Sprint.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Your Worst Nightmare:

Of course the website is going to say that. But I have friends with Rogers phones here, and the coverage sucks. First hand experience. It *has* been getting better the last couple of years, but it's still nowhere as good as the CDMA coverage in this province. I would much rather be with Rogers, so once they fix that I'll definitely switch...

But now, on the other side, what is so bad about Telus? Just as a day to day use phone...

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Not one sidekick? Seriously?!

Guess it must be a fad of my school then. I would honestly say that 99% of all students at my high school have a form of the sidekick.

Me? well I got (awaiting parent's approval) the ID. Why not the LX, Slide, or 3? Honestly, because I don't need all those features and bloat bling. The ID is nice. It's smaller all around... the screen is smaller, the screen color is simpler, and it doesn't have a camera. I also love the rubberish edgings on the ID, makes it feel solid and durable (which it must definitely is)

This would be my first phone. I really don't need one. I never looked into getting a phone because... well I don't go out long enough for it to be put to work. I hate talking on the phone. My reason for getting the sidekick is because I liked that it is essentially a mobile Instant Messenger, with a phone built in if I need it. Web browsing is also a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I have a Sony Ericsson K800i; oddly enough, since i've switched to Vodafone's 3G service, my coverage has improved incredibly, I can now make a call almost anywhere, and before it was rather patchy. I never lose the signal around the *particular location* which I live in, including in basements oddly enough...

J

Jag

Mine's an old Samsung that's about 3 years old now. It has actually taken quite a beating (including being dropped 30 feet down off of a roller coaster and lying in the grass for a few weeks. Crazy huh?) and is still in perfect working order. To me, a cell phone is only necessary for calling and text messenges. I don't use mine that much.

On another note, it's always sort of annoyed me how many people seem to be getting 'new and improved (not really)' phones. They're basically the same. Also, it's just plain wasteful.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Mine's an old Samsung that's about 3 years old now.
Wow! Mine is almost two years old, but it is not totally out of date cause they still sell it, but its for free with a 2 year plan with sprint haha. It was 40 when i got it!! :mad: Anyways I do need to get a new phone soon, mine has taken a beating too, but not nearly as much as yours sounds. Mine at least is kind of stylish, is slim and flip phone with flat buttons like a razor, buts its black instead of silver.

The bad thing is mine randomly shuts off pretty freqeuntly, when the battery is charged, and I have to turn it back on. That is very bad when your waiting on important phone calls and you have to keep sitting there looking at your phone to make sure it is still on. But I am going to try to get a real nice one next time.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
random people... that's kinda funny.

It's like, you press the call button. "Joe?" "No, this is John" Damn.
Press the call button. "Joe?" "No, this is Sandra" Damn!
Press the call button once more. Ring,ring,ring... Answering machine picks up; "Hello, you've reached Mike--" DAMN!!

I'm returning this damn phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.