Phoenix Area Hospital Diaper Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

thab

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Anyone know how the hospitals in the Phoenix area handle diapers? I have COPD and incontinence and sometimes have to go into the hospital for a few days. I went to a Banner hospital and they were not really nice after I explained I have to wear briefs and came in with one on.

Thanks!

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If they were "not really nice" about you having to wear diapers in a medical facility, they should be reported to their management for unprofessionalism. There is no excuse for this attitude by medical professionals.

joemama

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
agreed but it does occur. I was in the ER last year for double pneumonia and they were upset by my requesting a diaper to change myself as I had not even thought to take an extra. Before that I was in the OR and when I woke up, I asked for a diaper. I had told them before my surgery I was wearing a diaper, and needed one. When I woke up without one, I and asked they thought I was weird. They brought me some cheap pad for a woman. I had to go home like that. For future, I will always take a backpack with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.