Pet Peeves Thread

diapernh said:
We could be here all week.....
That’s why I’ve restrained mystery from posting. You know the old expression, “Don’t get me started!”, well I felt it to be particularly applicable in this case as once I start complaining.....but then I guess a man should do what he’s good at. Stay padded, as that one of the few areas in which I don’t have a pet peeve!

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Haven't you heard? Turn signals are optional equipment on Mercedes-Benzes, BMWs, Hondas and Subarus. They put the lights on the cars' corners but they leave out the bulbs and the control stalk. Guess they're bloody expensive... 🤭

For me: the notion of no good deed going unpunished. If someone does something to help you (third-person) along, thank them. We are not entitled by virtue of existence to good deeds, so if you get blessed by one, consider the source...and thank them! 🥳
In the old days, (circa early 1910's-early 1930's) some cars didn't even have turn signals.

Reactions: erinwinters and BobbiSueEllen
KittyMerriweather said:
I use the men's room lol
People who use the rest room but don't wash their hands. More important now than it ever was.

Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, chrischrischris, Sidewinder and 1 other person
i agree with angelapinks

Several years ago on one of my jobs I had to take my turn cleaning out the both men's and women's restrooms and no one can aim for the toilet hole and the women's was worse

• Wow
EagleBoy said:
i agree with angelapinks

Several years ago on one of my jobs I had to take my turn cleaning out the both men's and women's restrooms and no one can aim for the toilet hole and the women's was worse
I went to breakfast this morning and went into the bathroom to wash my hand and someone peed on the floor in front of the urinal and it was the one that the urinal went down to the floor and the smell was horrid I left the bathroom and the diner at once on my way out I complained to the manager. Needless to say I ate elsewhere

Last edited:
  • Wow
Zeke said:
That’s why I’ve restrained mystery from posting. You know the old expression, “Don’t get me started!”, well I felt it to be particularly applicable in this case as once I start complaining.....but then I guess a man should do what he’s good at. Stay padded, as that one of the few areas in which I don’t have a pet peeve!
Damned word suggest, or the spell correct, one of the two got me again. Obviously I didn’t mean “mystery”, but rather “myself” and my “that’s” mysteriously reverted to “that” near the end. That’ll teach me to proof read my posts before I send them. I used to be in the habit of doing so with all my papers when I returned to college, almost thirty years ago, and continued doing so as an engineer, but fifteen years of getting paid from the government for doing nothing, along with heavy doses of pain meds, has caught up with me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: ade and BobbiSueEllen
Angelapinks said:
People who use the rest room but don't wash their hands. More important now than it ever was.
I've been a compulsive hand washer, since I was about 4 or 5. (circa 1990/91)

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
FridgeMagnetFish said:
Yes, specifically, those who drive 10mph over in urban areas, and 10mph or more under on the open round 🤷‍♂️... the 40mph everywhere driver.
The late great George Carlin mused "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

Paddy2020 said:
I remember the Native American Indian in the '70s who did the pick up America commercial with a tear in his eye. That's why I never litter.
That was a fake native American The role was played by an Italian actor, Iron Eyes Cody who was born Espera Oscar de Corti. Cody played native Americans in many movies in addition to this famous commercial.

Last edited:
Reactions: erinwinters
My pet peeve is poor grammar. Non-native English speakers are exempted. The misuse of their, they're, there and your vs. you're immediately makes me look negatively on that person.

DLForever99999 said:
That was a fake native American The role was played by an Italian actor, Iron Eyes Cody who was born Espera Oscar de Corti. Cody played native Americans in many movies in addition to this famous commercial.
Still made an impression on me. Thats why I remembered the commercial.

Zeke said:
Damned word suggest, or the spell correct, one of the two got me again.
I turned mine of after the whole 4-letter word turning into 25-letter nonsense problem.
All it did was open the door on a new set of typos, consisting of a lack of keyboard letter targetting (part of the software aids with letter targetting, so yoy don't get stuff like 'yoy' when yoy meant you 🤪) and, with being devoid of guessing aids, every single typo that you've done previously.
I'm thinking about turning it back on.
Mind you, with this new Firefox, I don't know 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: chrischrischris and Zeke
Radio/TV background noises or sound effects that resemble ring tones.

Is that my phone going off, or is that the TV? Especially if I'm in another room.

I assign my regular contacts their own ringtones leaving the default ringtone for scammers, telemarketers, robocalls and the like. There's enough different ones that I don't have them all memorized, especially since I got a new phone a couple months ago and they all changed.

Corollary to the above, Alexa commercials that set off my echodot.

Reactions: tiny, BabyHailey1977 and dogboy
I don't mind when people speed because it doesn't slow me down any. When people go slow it drives me nuts though ughhhhh. My commute to work involves a long 1 lane road with the speed limit being 65mph. Every single day there's people going 40-45 with a huge trail of cars behind them.

I also can't stand people who don't wash their hands and don't clean up after themselves. I once had some seriously gross roommates. I cleaned the kitchen and living room and came out with 5 full trash bags of garbage. What's the first thing they do walking in the door? Throw their coat on the floor. In the living room. One would consistently smoke indoors and spill her ashtray on the couch so the apartment always reeked.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks
My pet peeve is having to watch those Medicare hotline commercials. They are on 24-7 and they air every time. I hate to see old sports stars spouting the wonders of the medicare companies. The one that gripes my ass is the woman posing like she's doing an interview. The commercial seems to go on forever!! 😡

DanielW said:
I haven't had a TV in years now...I don't miss it anymore
It definitely is the cultural wasteland

Paddy2020 said:
My pet peeve is having to watch those Medicare hotline commercials. They are on 24-7 and they air every time. I hate to see old sports stars spouting the wonders of the medicare companies. The one that gripes my ass is the woman posing like she's doing an interview. The commercial seems to go on forever!! 😡
They're all scams. All except United and Humana...that I know of. And pharmaceutical commercials are an insult to all aesthetics and intelligence.

Back