Personal reflections

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I try to understand something. If I can partially understand why the ordinary people can have some difficulty to accept the Gay because how the Gay sexuality work, I'm totally don't understand why ordinary people have difficulty to accept lesbian because in the lesbian sexuality there are no Unusual thing that are done. I know there are the religious problem, there are also the jealousy problem (straight people are jealous of Homosexual people for, I don't know why exactly

As lesbian and asexual I don't care about the what the other people think about my life, I found that domagable for the society to be conservative of the old thing, I have thinking the acceptations of the difference between the person have evoluted in a good way (yes this was the case for some time but the people seem to want to go back ... What is clearly not reassuring for the future ... .

Please don't trash too much the topic, please respect the original subject.

Last edited:

daddyconnor

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
To be clear... you are making the assertion that people accept gay males more readily than gay (lesbian females)? And you want to understand why?

I've never made any distinction between any of the labels used for identifying sexuality... in terms of acceptance. Most people I know don't care about a person's gender from a sexuality standpoint.

Perhaps I am jaded because my interest in sex is very limited. It is not a driving force for me.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I actually think in some places Gay Females are more "Accepted" than Gay Males (if the topic is whether one is more Accepted or Discriminated against than the other)

But regardless I think that people in the LGBTQ Community should have equal rights to Straight people

Including the right to Marry and I absolutely hate that some places are so bad that not only is being Gay a crime; it is Punishable up to not only Imprisonment, but also death

I'm straight, I just dont see a reason to be that Anti-Gay; besides the typical "Traditional Values" and "Religious Angles" ; which BTW I do not agree with as an excuse at all

In My Mind, somebody's right to practice a Religion ends where someone's rights as a Human start, if someone is acting like they themselves are a God; to me that is going too far and proves they aren't true religious people; because they are doing the opposite of what religion actually teaches

Holy Books (in my experience) say one thing and should be used as a guide to be a better person; but some people do the exact opposite; which to me makes them a Hypocrite

Somebody wants to be called the Opposite Gender as what they were born as? I would gladly do it and not be offended and say "my religion doesn't allow me"

Its not like the LGBTQ community wants to be worshipped (unless they are one of the Bad Ones, because every community has Bad Ones) they just seem to want equality in treatment and opportunities

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah, I think in the U. S., lesbians are accepted more than male homosexuals. That said, I think it comes down to people who are generally loving, caring people that can empathize and put themselves in other people's situations, and the other type of people who only see the world as it pertains directly to them. They don't feel empathy, at least in terms of sexual identity. Since they aren't gay and have never felt attracted to anyone of the same sex, they can't understand how that feels and so they conclude it's a false feeling or reality, and they reject it entirely. They come off as being not very nice people in my opinion.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, I think in the U. S., lesbians are accepted more than male homosexuals. That said, I think it comes down to people who are generally loving, caring people that can empathize and put themselves in other people's situations, and the other type of people who only see the world as it pertains directly to them. They don't feel empathy, at least in terms of sexual identity. Since they aren't gay and have never felt attracted to anyone of the same sex, they can't understand how that feels and so they conclude it's a false feeling or reality, and they reject it entirely. They come off as being not very nice people in my opinion.
IMO Love is Love, IDC if it is Same Sex

I say "Live and let Live"

If someone isn't bothering you about your way of life, Etc, Etc, you shouldn't bother them in that way either

And even if they are, one person doesn't represent a whole community, I would just turn it around on that bothersome individual

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
My observation is that public displays of affection are more tolerated between lesbians than between gay men, but both groups continue to be subject to considerable discrimination.

I think kissing, etc. in public is more tolerated between lesbians because many straight men find it sexy. A great many straight men fantasize about being in bed with two lesbians, so they're less likely to be offended by seeing two lesbians in public. They see two men kissing and find it unappealing; they see two women kissing and find it sexy.

As far as religion, it gets twisted to justify all sorts of stuff. People use it as an excuse to be small-minded, rather than as a means to grow in their humanity and their capacity to love others.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My observation is that public displays of affection are more tolerated between lesbians than between gay men, but both groups continue to be subject to considerable discrimination.

I think kissing, etc. in public is more tolerated between lesbians because many straight men find it sexy. A great many straight men fantasize about being in bed with two lesbians, so they're less likely to be offended by seeing two lesbians in public. They see two men kissing and find it unappealing; they see two women kissing and find it sexy.

As far as religion, it gets twisted to justify all sorts of stuff. People use it as an excuse to be small-minded, rather than as a means to grow in their humanity and their capacity to love others.
As a Straight Male I am a bit guilty of that middle part, but my attitude in general is the same about both relationships (Lesbians vs Gay Guys) I don't really care for PDA in real life, or Sex Scenes in TV Shows/Movies even if it is Straight Relationships

Just let people live their lives and move on you know?

And I agree on the religion aspect as well, it seems most "Religious" people act like they are trying to live life according to their Holy Book, but they dont apply any of it to real life

It is much easier to believe and say you will do something positive than it is to actually do it

Not to mention I dont recall any stories of Jesus not helping people because they couldn't or wouldnt pay him for the Help

Or of Jesus discriminating against anybody or telling them they are going to Hell for not living a certain way

Yet somehow they pull a 180 from what the book says and still claim they are "Christians" of some sort?

If everything is as they frame it, they are the bad guys and going to Hell

Hypocrites and Hateful people, and not real Christians at all

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
To be clear... you are making the assertion that people accept gay males more readily than gay (lesbian females)? And you want to understand why?

I've never made any distinction between any of the labels used for identifying sexuality... in terms of acceptance. Most people I know don't care about a person's gender from a sexuality standpoint.

Perhaps I am jaded because my interest in sex is very limited. It is not a driving force for me.

To be clear no I think the two is accepted on the same level not more or less on or the other.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

Yes the lesbians "acceptations" by the straight is more a virtual acceptations, is more like a fantasie related than a real acceptations.

The religions is a great thing blame because this have create a lot of conflict and a lot of discrimination, for the the Christian religion to be an acceptable human you should be straight and a men ... . Yes there are some little evolution but clearly not sufficient and this idea was promulgated for a very very long time ... .

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As a Straight Male I am a bit guilty of that middle part, but my attitude in general is the same about both relationships (Lesbians vs Gay Guys) I don't really care for PDA in real life, or Sex Scenes in TV Shows/Movies even if it is Straight Relationships

And I agree on the religion aspect as well, it seems most "Religious" people act like they are trying to live life according to their Holy Book, but they dont apply any of it to real life

It is much easier to believe and say you will do something positive than it is to actually do it

Not to mention I dont recall any stories of Jesus not helping people because they couldn't or wouldnt pay him for the Help

Or of Jesus discriminating against anybody or telling them they are going to Hell for not living a certain way

Yet somehow they pull a 180 from what the book says and still claim they are "Christians" of some sort?

If everything is as they frame it, they are the bad guys and going to Hell

Hypocrites and Hateful people, and not real Christians at all
The Christian representative never be Real Christian in this case what is a little bit annoying for them ...

ltaluv

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Words of wisdom, my friend. I wish more people would live by then.

I don't think that "most" religious people are openly hypocritical. Everybody has some hypocrisy, of course, and some more than others, but the majority of religious people truly try to treat others with kindness and compassion. There is a very vocal and very visible minority that do not, though, and they can poison the perceptions of others. It's a shame, because in their false promotion of their faith, they push many away from coming to faith at all.

it's worth noting that Jesus was not shy about calling people out for not living up to appropriate standards, such as the Samaritan woman at the well, but it was not done in an accusatory or cruel manner (John 4:4-26 if you wish to read it). He was also not shy about calling out the hypocrisy of religious leaders. It always amazes me that so many people seem to be blind to the naked hypocrisy of the religious leaders they follow, and instead become hypocrites themselves.

Why is it so hard for some people to love others as they are, for who they are, and for all the wonderful differences between us? Like trysexiea, I just don't understand the hate that fills some people's hearts.

Last edited:

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's the News that pushing me to create this topic, surely is not only this news, sadly. And after people ask me why I'm so disappointed by the the religions and the religions beliefs .

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's the News that pushing me to create this topic, surely is not only this news, sadly. And after people ask me why I'm so disappointed by the the religions and the religions beliefs .
Oh, that again

I honestly dont get the big deal

To me if you "support someone" it isn't about the money, you would do something for free or in return for them doing a favor for you

If you charge them money; that is business as usual and has nothing to so with whether you support their cause or not

Its honestly more "my religion doesnt allow me to" as an Excuse

If I was a Baker, Christian or otherwise I would do it and move on to the next customers afterwards; money doesn't discriminate and neither would I.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Good Melissa lost her business over not baking a cake for a gay couple. People just stopped coming to their bakery lol. Enough people that is.