Permanent hair removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Recently I looked up some websites about permanent body hair removal. It seems like there are some new techniques which are less expensive and less painful than what you could do a few years ago, and so I'm really considering to get this done to my "diaper area". Has anybody of you ever tried something like that? Perhaps you even know somebody who made some good or bad experiences with these new treatments? It's not really cheap to get it done in Germany (possibly even 1000+ Euros...), but considering the hair never(?) coming back I'd say it's not a totally stupid investment.

The hair removal technology used is called "IPL", and they have an article about it on wikipedia ( Intense pulsed light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

If this really works as advertised it's even better than using cremes / razors, as they never really got me a smooth skin "down there".

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
I cannot wait until I have the money for laser hair removal.
I'm looking at about $500 for a whole body (except hair on head & hair on my forearms).
I'm getting:
- Armpits
- legs
- Complete bikini area
- eyebrows styled
- any chin or facial sprigs
- Happy trail
(yes, some chicks have a happy trail as a result of shaving it. I'm not the only one)

I think it would be a perfect use of $500 seeing as I won't have to get it redone for another 10+ years and I won't have to buy razors. Silky smooth skin for years to come.

2low

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Also Smooths AS A Baby behind or region :p makes it so much better for diapers aswell hehe

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I believe the only permanent method of hair removal is electrolysis. Anyhow, that's the only one the US Food and Drug Administration recognizes as permanent, on all hair. Laser and pulsed light work better on darker hair - it's a direct correlation between effectiveness and hair color. I use a beard trimmer so I keep the hair short, yet avoid the discomfort that comes with stubble.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Hmmm. Sounds good. I'd say go for it.
If it were me, I'd get my face done too... I'm sick of shaving, and I never want a beard!

But make sure you really want it! It is permanent... And you may decide it was all a big mistake.

V

vonlindeiner

I'm getting:
- Armpits
- legs
- Complete bikini area
- eyebrows styled
- Happy trail
(yes, some chicks have a happy trail as a result of shaving it. I'm not the only one)

I think it would be a perfect use of $500 seeing as I won't have to get it redone for another 10+ years and I won't have to buy razors. Silky smooth skin for years to come.

What a shame! Oh well, to each his/her own...
vL

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah, the permanent-ness is the reason why I don't want it for my facial area. I might dislike shaving my beard every second day, but the idea of not being able to grow one when I'm old is keeping me from doing it. As I will probably have a diaper fetish for the rest of my life, and because I'm not a person to follow trends (I guess it will be "in" in a few years to have hair down there, even though it's the opposite now) I can't think of a reason to want hair down there again.

I've read about one bad thing, though: You might get more friction when skin rubs on skin, so long walks might be more uncomfortable than before. There surely are ways to beat that, though, and I didn't have hair down there a few years ago, anyway (well, ok, not so few, but you get my point ;) )

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well... I shave/use hair removal cream "down there" and under my arms, and on my legs, and I hate hate HATE having hair there! Urgh!

Anything thats permanent and wont harm me sounds good to me. As soon as I'm able to afford it I'm going for it.

Oooh, maybe I could ask for it for my birthday? :p

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yeah, I've also looked into it..I say looked because of the immense cost and time. I shave from the waist down essentially and I even let my legs go and it wasn't at all appealing to me. Electrolysis and light/laser are the only two that are generally excepted as permanent. Facial hair I can deal with, even though its one of those love hate relationships, but aside from my diaper area and legs I might actually want to look like a guy.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
what happened to the 'gene-therapy' solution as suggested by some scientist(ish)? i'll do that.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Gene-therapy? Sounds pretty scary to me. I'm not a big fan of messing with my body, but this method seems to be even less bad to my body than using wax or creme all the time, and it's (mostly?) permanent. Do you have a link to this gene-therapy, ade?

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well... I shave/use hair removal cream "down there" and under my arms, and on my legs, and I hate hate HATE having hair there! Urgh!

Anything thats permanent and wont harm me sounds good to me. As soon as I'm able to afford it I'm going for it.

Oooh, maybe I could ask for it for my birthday? :p

I really like being waxed, but I wouldn't get permanent hair removal anywhere--don't know whether I'd change my mind.

Definitely something you could ask for for your birthday, though!

thad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Laser is also FDA approved for permanent hair "reduction" For us guys, it will take more sessions than ladies, but it still works, with 90+% reductions in amount of hair seeming realistic. I tagged along for years on a yahoo group on laser hair removal, and it seemed from the highly unscientific polling of the members that IPL had a greater initial hair loss, but weaker long term results. Of the "cheap" home units, there is one IPL and one laser that I'm aware of, and although the IPL is hundreds less, I'm probably getting the laser. (although I'm concerned that the laser I'm looking at does not give a lifespan, whereas the lifespan of the IPL is clearly marked, and replacement bulbs are reletively inexpensive.)

I've been wanting to do this for years, but it used to be that for me to get my whole body done would be > $8,000 and I just didn't have it. now that home units are available for under $1,000, I'll be doing it as soon as my car is paid off =)

-- thad

Kitty,

Where are you going that quoted you $500 for whole body?
Even presuming that's just one session (It takes 6+ sessions for girls, and 8+ sessions for boys) That's still about $300 less than I was able to find for a session price. That's awesome pricing :)

-- Thad

I'm looking at about $500 for a whole body (except hair on head & hair on my forearms).
I'm getting:
- Armpits
- legs
- Complete bikini area
- eyebrows styled
- Happy trail

Last edited by a moderator:

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Hmmm. Sounds good. I'd say go for it.
If it were me, I'd get my face done too... I'm sick of shaving, and I never want a beard!

But make sure you really want it! It is permanent... And you may decide it was all a big mistake.

Ditto that. I hate facial hair except for a small goatee on my chin. That is the only place on my fact hair is allowed.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems like it's ultra-expensive here compared to your prices. They want 2000-2400 Euro to remove the hair from my whole genital area, and I'm on the normal side of hair growth of men I suppose. I'm going to ask other places for prices, but I have to say it seems to be a rather nice way of getting the hair removed with all the cooling being applied through the device so you don't really feel much.

Doing it outside of Germany doesn't seem to be an option even though it's way cheaper because this treatment has to be done in about 16 months total because of the hair growth of a human body. You can kind of only destroy the hair-cells if the hair goes all the way down (i.e. it's still in the growing phase), so you get one treatment every 2 months at their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.