Peripherals for PC gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What do you PC Gamers use for a Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, and so on?

I've done a little bit of research so far on Mouses and Keyboards, and im not particularly settled on a specific Mouse

But I'm very interested in a Corsair keyboard as they seem pretty feature rich and seem to be priced fairly and have a very good build quality

I reckon my incoming build will be mostly 1080P to 1440P range

Last edited:
Logitech USB Marble Mouse (trackball) ftw.

Reactions: perlFerret
razer basilisk, it even comes in pink :p

I've got some "entry level" gaming peripherals.

Red Dragon mechanical keyboard with "fake" cherry switches, but still clicky and tactile.

Some generic "gaming mouse," which is basically a regular mouse with lights.

Cheap mousepad, from Wal-Mart. Someday I should upgrade to one of those wide mousepads that goes across your whole desk.

Primary monitor: ACER 2k, 60 hz, 31.5 inches. I like it. I had a budget, so I chose size over frame rate.

Secondary monitor: Some Hannspree TV I've had for over a decade. Hasn't died yet. 1080P, 60hz. 28 inches.

I'm definitely interested in upgrading to a higher frame rate gaming monitor someday, but not enough to spend money at this time.

Other peripherals get a bit more interesting:

Standard controller: PS4 controller. Also, on rare occasions, used with the PlayStation 4.

Arcade stick: Hori Real Arcade Pro N. Hayabusa Edition.

Steam controller: Uhh, not really used, but I have one.

Secondary controller: USB PlayStation Classic controller(s), which for certain games are alarmingly good.

Razer chroma mouse, and I also got a GTRacing chair w/bluetooth speakers recently. Also looking at getting a bluetooth keyboard.

Last edited:
I have a laptop and current a gaming house with lights and different speed modes. I should get this keyboard because two keys on my laptop are getting bad:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVCP7F5/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_UvnZFbH7P5PNA

Given the possibility for a home computer setup either next year or 2022, I should have a 14" Sony CRT PVM for anything other than Windows, a Gateway CRT for my Windows 98 computer, an RGB lamp, an RGB Bluetooth speaker with 3.5mm input like my Minijambox speaker for my PVM and additional retro speakers for my Windows 98 computer.

Last edited:
For keyboard and mouse I am quite happy with my Sharkoon-Setup. I furthermore use two 24''-Asus-ROG-Swift-Displays and a cable-bound Sound Blaster as headset. :)

skunk053 said:
Logitech USB Marble Mouse (trackball) ftw.
My favorite of all time was the mid-90s TrackMan Marble FX. It had the giant ball on the finger-side rather than the thumb side. As someone whose thumbs don't work quite right in the exact axis most trackballs are made, I LOVED those things. But they're very discontinued and no one else has made a large-finger-trackball model. I have two in PS/2 form and the button contacts have started wearing out so I've stopped using them and they're in storage right now.

Keyboard and mouse are Logitech G everything. Mid-tier (not cheapest, not most expensive). Can't be arsed to turn around and look at the model numbers. :p

IDK what your price range is but here are my current ones that I've been using for years now.
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Elite [mechanical green clicky switches] currently $99 [sometimes drop to $85 & originally sold for $189]
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus/Hero for $40 [were $80] Nice for smaller hands too.

Monitor Westinghouse 32' 2k 144hz [$259+$5 shipping on Newegg]
I've had it for a month now and its nice and a lot of monitor for the money, thinking of getting a second one for my other rig.

You can also find wide 31x12 RGB mouse pads for $14-18 on Amazon. No reason to pay $40+ for one, lol.
perlFerret said:
My favorite of all time was the mid-90s TrackMan Marble FX. It had the giant ball on the finger-side rather than the thumb side.
OMG! I love trackballs, when they are on top, lol. I still have a Microsoft Intellimouse trackball sitting in my drawer.
Wish someone would make a more modern [ball on top] trackball with a few extra buttons.

Update: My keyboard is a Logitech G910 and mouse is a G502 Hero.

I bought a Das Keyboard and a wireless Razer mouse, plus a DualSense controller for good measure

Still need to get a monitor though and that Westinghouse looks like a good deal at that price

1608048421146.pngThis is my mouse, sorry the image is huge, I don't know why it did that.. *shrug*

Also, I do know the back is missing, I somehow lost it.

Last edited:
BabyTyrant said:
I bought a Das Keyboard
I tried one once and loved it but couldn't justify the expense.

perlFerret said:
I tried one once and loved it but couldn't justify the expense.
They had/have a sale going on so a $200 model dropped to $130 which puts it in line with a lot of Razer and Corsair models so I figured I would go for it

Its on Amazon and their website as well (last I checked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back