Periods, Pads, & the TSA

PolkaDotDreams

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I just realized that my period week is going to fall right during a work trip. I take my sissy period VERY seriously, in fact I think its been well over 5 years since i've missed one. I use a period tracking app and always start when scheduled unless my wife gets hers early in which case I start early or she starts late and I just have a really long one. The indecision on my part is important to me and makes my period seem "real".

Long story short - Will I have any issues with my pad showing upon the scanner while dressed in my male work attire? Some colleagues are going to be on the same flight so there is a chance there will be someone I know nearby in line.

Reactions: diddles and LittleBabyBoy29
Can I ask…what is a sissy period?

slipperywhenwet said:
Can I ask…what is a sissy period?
Sure, Its when a sissy such as myself simulates (as best I can) having a period. For me, it means wearing a maxi pad all day every day for at least 5 days. I wear Always overnights with the wide back, but I put the wide part up front as that configuration better matches my anatomy. During this time, I always sit to pee and never "jiggle" after only relying on my pad. I change the pad every 4 hours and never use any excuse to not wear one. If someone AFAB doesn't get a choice I figure why should I.

Reactions: Carl1867
Unless it looks like you're smuggling something you should be fine.

Cant' speak for the TSA but heard moments of others getting the pat down treatment and sensing the padding.

Another time the security just pulled them asked and asked them to pull their pants down and then asked to essentially grope.

Scanners don't normally have an issue with padding, they just pick up heavy dense things and liquids. I would suggest timing it to go dry, but there is no guarantee.

My own method is to wear normal panties, go past security then pad up in a private stall. But I understand this may not be an option for you.

I travel a lot. If you are not TSA approve, you will go through a body scanner. I have had awkward moments with even a handkerchief in my pocket. I wouldn't risk it. On the other hand, if you are TSA approved you will go through the x-ray unit. I was running late to the airport last week and didn't have time to change my soaked diaper. Glad the x-ray machine was working, otherwise they send you through the scanner!

Reactions: sbmccue
I've gone through with a (dry/clean) diaper through the nudo-vision without any problems. I've gotten the "randomly selected for a grope" while diapered and nothing was said.

You can always switch to tampons :)

Last edited:
Reactions: diddles
If you're worried about having to awkwardly explain why you're wearing a maxi pad, wear a diaper instead. More self-explanatory.

Oh I’m curious to hear how this goes for you 😊 I don’t fly a lot but a few years back I was in line and remembered I was wearing panties LoL
I was so nervous! I stepped into the scanner and immediately a woman called me over to her…she had a stern look on her face and said. Sir I need you to take your belt off and go back in 🤦🏻‍♀️
I was so nervous standing in line that I had forgotten, after that nothing else was said lol
But I always wondered if they could see the silhouette of the underwear that people wear 🤔

Buy yourself a pair of reusable period underwear, no explanation necessary! Hanes makes some that are very inexpensive and modi-body makes some of the very best ones in current existence.

I guess the workers are prof. And they don't even care. I remember when i went to high school one of the boy i hung out with at school worked at local foodstore. I day i was at the store and needed to buy pads cause my period. I felt it was embarresment to go his cashier check out. He was very sad when he saw i went to another. I wondered at school why i did not come to him. I told him, he said he did not care about that.

You’ll look like you are wearing a male guard. They probably see hundreds of those a day.

Reactions: DownLow and KittyninjaW
I have word diapers, pull-ups and maxi pads thru TSA many times and never had an issue. Like others have mentioned, just make sure you are dry. The machines are looking for liquids and will spot them easily. The waves will go through a dry garment and you will be cleared through. Don’t worry! People wear protection all the time. Take a look around while you are in line and I guarente you will see someone wearing protection.

PolkaDotDreams said:
I just realized that my period week is going to fall right during a work trip. I take my sissy period VERY seriously, in fact I think its been well over 5 years since i've missed one. I use a period tracking app and always start when scheduled unless my wife gets hers early in which case I start early or she starts late and I just have a really long one. The indecision on my part is important to me and makes my period seem "real".

Long story short - Will I have any issues with my pad showing upon the scanner while dressed in my male work attire? Some colleagues are going to be on the same flight so there is a chance there will be someone I know nearby in line.
I am interested in this post. And wondering how did you start? which pads did you 1st chosen?

LittleBabyBoy29 said:
I am interested in this post. And wondering how did you start? which pads did you 1st chosen?
I started having a sissy period right after I "came out" to my wife (girlfriend at the time) about my sissy/feminine side. I had used pads randomly in the past but never regularly for any period (no pun intended) of time. I expressed my desire to start having a period week and she wasn't exactly "encouraging" about it, but she was very accepting, even offering to add my pads to our shopping list (we dont share products because she hates the pads I use)

I first started with whatever pads I could find. Looking back, I do feel bad about stealing a pad here and there from people but I never took any if supply was low enough to notice... Now I only use Always Maxi Size 5 or 6

Reactions: subhubby1968 and Scott729
PolkaDotDreams said:
I started having a sissy period right after I "came out" to my wife (girlfriend at the time) about my sissy/feminine side. I had used pads randomly in the past but never regularly for any period (no pun intended) of time. I expressed my desire to start having a period week and she wasn't exactly "encouraging" about it, but she was very accepting, even offering to add my pads to our shopping list (we dont share products because she hates the pads I use)

I first started with whatever pads I could find. Looking back, I do feel bad about stealing a pad here and there from people but I never took any if supply was low enough to notice... Now I only use Always Maxi Size 5 or 6
I have recently started having my sissy period also and have a very accepting wife who also buys pads and liners for me. Also I use the health app on my iPhone which has a period cycle tracker on it.

How did the trip go?

PolkaDotDreams said:

Well, this is certainly the right group for me (I'm new here) I use a concesión that helps me leak beat juice for my period.

Cottontail said:
If you're worried about having to awkwardly explain why you're wearing a maxi pad, wear a diaper instead. More self-explanatory.
Iv worn maxi pads to all kinds of occasions. Probably been noticed but no one says anything tbh.

Cottontail said:
I've worn maxi pads in all kinds of occasions. Probably been noticed but oh well. I have had my knickers noticed and Iv had photos of me fully dolled up.

Reactions: craigd1341
Crise said:
Well, this is certainly the right group for me (I'm new here) I use a concesión that helps me leak beat juice for my period.
does anyone else Yous the oldfashioned period belts and napkins?

Back