People under 25, what are your thoughts on the older people here?

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I just turned 70 and believe me the more you do this the harder it is to quit. If you think and or want to get out of it do it now while to are young because it while not an addiction is very habit forming.
I mean so are drugs but I kicked 3 types of opioids haha
I understand that, and yes I agree. I guess I just feel a little shaken up by the culture shock

- - - Updated - - -

I hope I can give some input here. I'm 25 now but I joined here in my mid-teens back when the site still allowed minors.

I think a large part of it is your assumption that it's something you'll grow out of. When you take that viewpoint and assume that it starts young, then old people taking part seems really weird. I came from the opposite end and assumed it was something you didn't grow out of - an intrinsic part of your character or sense of self. While it was initially a bit odd at first, because all old people seem a bit odd at that young age, I realised that many of us are not so different inside.
The other reason it can seem weird is because I think children often think about 30/40 year olds and 60/70 year olds doing things by imagining their parents or grandparents doing those things. Pro tip: never think about things in terms of your relatives doing them - it's always weird.

Really the only thing age ends to correlate with is how much control over your own life you now have, and the number of mistakes you've made while getting there.
Now I'm 25 and really don't feel any different regarding ABDL to when I was 16. I've had time and opportunity to try more things and learn more about it, but the feeling is the same.

My advice is basically to ignore the age unless the topic makes it relevant. Old people aren't always wise and young people aren't always naive. Some of the younger members have gone through tougher times with more responibility as children than many others ever have to as adults, while some young adults are experts while we have older members who are just discovering this side. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Oh snap! All of that is creepily similar to me, except I don't have an autism diagnosis. I always found it easy to talk to adults and have more grown up conversations. It makes the social immaturity harder to deal with when people see the other side and expect you to be mature. I still feel very young inside all the time.

It's sort of funny. People on here often used to assume I was about 20 years older than I am before they could see the age. You're someone who I assumed was older before I looked at the age.
The fact that this place used to let minors in is... Very VERY concerning. Thank god they stopped.
My main worry is that- no offence but this all gives me a very 'older people accidentally giving a predator vibe' vibe.
I sure as hell hope nobody on here is a predator.
Ugh... Just gross man. Ya know?

CharliePup

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, , Carer, Other
The fact that this place used to let minors in is... Very VERY concerning. Thank god they stopped.
I think context is relevant here - when the site was originally created (10+ years ago!), it was by a group of teenagers, for other teenagers - it was orignally TBDL.org (teen baby diaper lover). I also joined when I was under 18.

Eventually, those teenagers grew up while new teens joined, and the safety concerns around having adults and teenagers in this kind of space together became clear, and all users under 18 were removed.

My main worry is that- no offence but this all gives me a very 'older people accidentally giving a predator vibe' vibe.
I sure as hell hope nobody on here is a predator.
Ugh... Just gross man. Ya know?
IDK that there is a way to say 'I suspect anybody older than me is a predator' 'nicely'. Like, I think it would make you feel gross and bothered if I said ':/ idk you haven't done anything but your whole vibe? Sexual predator.'

I'm under 25 but not for too much longer. I tend to prefer associating with people my own age, but more people my age or younger have bothered me, been sexually aggressive, or creeped me out than the older people have.

diapernh

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
You have to keep in mind ABDL did not just start in the last 5 to 10 years. It is probable that somebody somewhere has been wearing a diaper when they did not need to and pretending that they were a baby since the dawn of time. It is just that back then there was no internet.

I am 41 and have been in the scene since i was 18... which is also around the time that i got the internet and found that there were other people who liked to wear diapers. That is when i finally got my own diapers and stopped stuffing folded up towels in my underwear.

Before the internet people joined groups like DPF, which was not always an online thing.... You used to pay for a membership that got you a newsletter and part of a roster of people... you found whose interests that they listed were the same as yours. Then (brace yourself here young ones) you wrote a letter by hand. You then put it in an envelope with that person's "roster #" on it and then put that envelope inside another one and mailed it to an address where at the other end somebody took that inner envelope out and forwarded it onto the person with that roster # you are writing to.

And then if you were lucky once in a blue moon somebody would announce a diaper party and you would do everything in your power to go to it, because it may be another year before one happened again.

Back when i started depends were GREEN, Attends were one of the best diapers and were in stores. Then came molicare diapers, a few others came on the scene. The whole printed diaper thing for disposables did not really come about until the last 15 years.... before that if you wanted cute prints on your diapers you wore cloth diapers and plastic pants.

Oh and baby clothes were either ordered from places like DPF or ordered custom made... none of this mass produced stuff.

I remember when i was 18 and thinking.... eeeeww all these people are old and strange, some even creepy.... well guess what you grow up and soon the 18 year olds think that you too are creepy.

I think what scares the younger people too is that they see somebody who has been into diapers since they were a kid and are now 60-70 and the young ones think "Is this going to be me. Will i ever outgrow diapers". Honestly I did not fathom that 22 years later I would be into diapers still. I don't see an end in sight either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Well, as a middle-aged ABDL, I can assure you that the feeling is mutual. I find it immensely unsettling that younger people are taking up such an adult hobby as ours, fancying themselves babies and all, wearing diapers... What's the world coming to? Might as well cut the drinking age to 13 while we're at it.

:)

But actually, I get it. I was kind of a nerdy kid, and tended to have arcane, anachronistic hobbies more associated with past generations than with my own. As a kid and younger adult, this meant I was often hanging out or associating with people older than myself. And, occasionally, that would bring about something I can only think to call a twinge of an early-onset midlife crisis. That is, briefly, I'd think to myself, "Wait. Is this it? Am I just going to be doing this until I die?" Admittedly, there was some brief/mild revulsion at that thought, even though I enjoyed what I was doing very much, and some of that revulsion ended up wrongly directed at the people around me.

I guess what I'm getting at is: Perhaps, despite enjoying ABDL, you dislike the idea that it's probably with you forever--out of your control. And so, those of us who exemplify that "problem" are sort of off-putting to you.

But whatever the reason, I take no offense.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
Private
There is a cure for getting older, but it has a side effect many people are uncomfortable with. Don't sweat it. As long as you don't worry about it too much you will find you can easily adjust to aging. Living is just a stream of experiences, good and bad, that add to your character and make life worth living by making it more exciting and less boring.

I remember when I used to think 70 was old. Now I know better. Compared to Methuselah I'm just a babe in diapers. (babe as in baby, not hot chick.) ...(not that there is anything wrong with hot chicks in diapers) ... (I actually kind of like that) ...(that sounds kind of creepy, doesn't it?) ... ... ... (maybe you're right.)

The point is, it's all relative. It's fun to blame older people for all the problems in the world, but in time you'll discover you can have just as much fun blaming younger people.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I think context is relevant here - when the site was originally created (10+ years ago!), it was by a group of teenagers, for other teenagers - it was orignally TBDL.org (teen baby diaper lover). I also joined when I was under 18.

Eventually, those teenagers grew up while new teens joined, and the safety concerns around having adults and teenagers in this kind of space together became clear, and all users under 18 were removed.

IDK that there is a way to say 'I suspect anybody older than me is a predator' 'nicely'. Like, I think it would make you feel gross and bothered if I said ':/ idk you haven't done anything but your whole vibe? Sexual predator.'

I'm under 25 but not for too much longer. I tend to prefer associating with people my own age, but more people my age or younger have bothered me, been sexually aggressive, or creeped me out than the older people have.
Yeah- god im sorry im just so so parinoid about this type of stuff-

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's something the younger ones will need to come to terms with in their 30's once reality starts to creep in, and will be a big test of your own self-image and self-worth. The hurdles change compared to when you're in your 20's trying to figure out how to be little / AB or whatever compared to your 30's. Your body starts getting in the way. You realise you're getting older, your joints aren't as limber, muscles cramp, you start to feel a lot less young, which can be at odds with your baby / little side.

Basically, practice self-acceptance and self-love early on. What matters is how you feel and nothing else.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm going on 19 right now, and looking around to see many people who are in there 40s or 50s or even 60s is... Weird...
This is coming from a person who had to live with people who are in there 80s, and seeing all these other older people around makes me feel, again, weird.

I am mainly speaking to the people under 25 with this posts, but some people on here are REAL fathers and mothers, heck, grandparents.
Their opinions match most people their age, and look there age. It just baffles me how they can be interested into something like ABDL or little space.
Id rather try not to offend anyone, but im really new to adult-ing in general, even more so just being around people,
Maybe its just me, because I assume im gonna grow out of abdl in a few years or so.
(Sidenote, I think the main reason im so unnerved is because, all my life I was warned about pedos and MAPs, and how young adults should always be skeptical of everybody.)
(This might be another reason why im so shoken by the whole situation was from people that age who have emotionally abused me but- eh-)

Have any tips on how to get used to this kind of thing?
((Sidenote(sidenote) I am very sorry if this came out wrong. I have no idea how else to express these things.))
When I met ABDLs for the first time, I was younger than you are now.
At the time, interacting with older people, especially older ABDL people, was super awkward.
I wasn't sure how to relate to them or interact with them, and I was nervous enough I typically did not want to admit this to them.
I was still trying to figure out how to be an adult, and that made it even more challenging to be around older ABDL people, who, because of my age, did not really see me as being an adult to the same degree they were.
I was still a bit of a kid to them, at the time. I also suspected their motives at times. Did they only want me for my looks, or my body? I couldn't tell.
As such I was pretty reluctant to hang out with older ABDLs, and while this may have protected me from a few bad actors, I was very mature for my age, and I think I missed out on quite a few good potential friends by doing this.
I certainly missed out on some very wise advice. Advice I now wish I got much earlier in life.

Now, I am much older. In my 30s. I've seen this equation from the other side.
Most 30+ year olds give people in the 18-25 range a lot of leeway. We remember being that age. We remember still trying to figure out how to adult. We aren't expecting you to have it nailed down yet - because we remember we did not, at your age. Relax - the older folks (the nice ones anyway) aren't judging you as much as you think they might be.
Most of us also want to give you your space. We remember what it was like dealing with older ABDLs at your age, and the nicer ones among us will respect that its hard for you. We do have a lot of knowledge... but we probably won't give it to you unless you ask for it. We may not even introduce ourselves to you unless you make us feel welcome to do so.

Here's my advice for you:
You probably won't 'grow out' of being ABDL. For most ABDLs, they are ABDL for life. That's why you see older ABDLs. That side they have hasn't gone away just because their body has got older. If anything, sometimes it seems to be the reverse - ABDL tendencies can be triggered by stress, and adult life is generally more stressful. Even if your desires naturally decrease over time, they'll probably be under more pressure from stress triggers too, which compensates. Plus, older ABDLs tend to be more self confident and more willing to express themselves without worry about what others think about them. Sometimes this results in them being awkward, but most older ABDLs aren't as awkward as you'd think.
You don't need to interact with older ABDLs if you don't want to. We're not expecting you to. Most of us realize that you'd rather deal with people, especially AB/DL people, your own age. We certainly did, when we were your age.
Be aware, though, that you're going to experience pros and cons either way. Yes, not interacting with older ABDLs is safer, and more comfortable, but you also lose out on a lot too - chiefly you loose out on the wise advice they can give you with the benefit of their decades more experience - both of ABDL and of life in general. Not all of the advice that older people, and especially older ABDLs, give you is useful to you, but some of it definitely can be. Plus, since bigs are rare in the ABDL community, you may find that an older person is one of the more natural bigs for you, if you want one. Still, something to consider, think about, and probably take slowly. There's no rush.
Trauma doesn't always heal on its own. If you need therapy, get it - so long as you think its helpful. Most colleges have counsellors you can use for free. Take advantage of this! Make an effort to identify and let go of the emotional baggage the world has saddled you with - or you'll be carrying it around forever. Like ABDL feelings, it doesn't necessarily go away with age. Yes, time heals all wounds, but painfully slowly, at times.
Its okay to not know how to express things. Expressing yourself is a skill, and like any skill, nobody is good at it by default. You only learn to become good at it through practice - and the people most willing to practice it tend to become the best at it, over time. Don't be shy about speaking up and trying to learn it. I remember feeling incredibly humiliated when I screwed up a debate or two in my youth, but looking back on it now, I haven't talked to any of those people in over a decade, and even if I did, they probably wouldn't even remember it. Get your embarrassing learning experiences out of the way when you're young. If you don't, and you have to have them in proper adulthood, they're more costly.
If you want to get used to older ABDL people, hang out with them online. That's a fairly safe first step. If you want to meet older ABDL people in real life, try munches, they can be a great social experience. Don't jump straight to visiting someone at their house unless you are willing to negotiate a little in advance, saying what you do want to do and don't... and are willing to take basic safety measures. Most older people are fine, but protecting yourself a little just in case isn't a bad idea.

Osito

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It’s a funny thing getting older. In some ways you don’t feel any different yet in other ways you have changed without realising.

Mid-life can be tough and we need our comforts like wearing :)

BabyGurlAlexa

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Not sure how I feel about being called an "older person" :dunno: Age is a number, certain doors open at certain times regaurding it, others close, the old adage goes you're only as old as you feel... there are things you don't grow out of though, this would be one of them.
its hard when you are in your thirties and people think you are ancient I have had 9 years of it

im sorry for editing my H and P keys arent sensitive

Last edited:

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Incontinent
At my age of 60, I accept myself being the way I am.
I know, I am old enough to be quite a few younger AB/DL's father.
AB/DL has been around for a long time.
After all, Edward, Duke of Windsor who abdicated the throne before WWII was rumored to be an "Adult Baby".
Also back in the late 1800's you could order "rubberized cloth" sanitary garments for both women and men from the Sears-Roebuck Catalog mailed to your door.

BabyGurlAlexa

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
At my age of 60, I accept myself being the way I am.
I know, I am old enough to be quite a few younger AB/DL's father.
AB/DL has been around for a long time.
After all, Edward, Duke of Windsor who abdicated the throne before WWII was rumored to be an "Adult Baby".
Also back in the late 1800's you could order "rubberized cloth" sanitary garments for both women and men from the Sears-Roebuck Catalog mailed to your door.
but he was also rumoured to be a nazi

i dont accept im old even though im 39

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
I'm going on 19 right now, and looking around to see many people who are in there 40s or 50s or even 60s is... Weird...
This is coming from a person who had to live with people who are in there 80s, and seeing all these other older people around makes me feel, again, weird.

I am mainly speaking to the people under 25 with this posts, but some people on here are REAL fathers and mothers, heck, grandparents.
Their opinions match most people their age, and look there age. It just baffles me how they can be interested into something like ABDL or little space.
Id rather try not to offend anyone, but im really new to adult-ing in general, even more so just being around people,
Maybe its just me, because I assume im gonna grow out of abdl in a few years or so.
LimeBloodedNoir,

:detective3 Thank you for your post. Your feelings are not uncommon at all. I believe this is a very important question that spans across the age difference between community members.

I know that you addressed your post to those who are under 25, but this is not the first time these questions have been asked --and not just asked by those who are young, but by those of us who are older. Hence, I hope you don't mind my sharing of observations, as I truly do understand. I have been where you are at now.

I remember feeling very much the same way as you when I was your age. I always assumed that my interest in wearing diapers would go away when I got a little older... or when I got married... or when I had kids. There was no way I could picture myself as being 30 or 40 and doing this. But the truth is that this interest is something that is embedded strongly inside of you and is not likely to change in the future. It certainly did not change as I went through each of those stages (yes... I am a REAL father myself). However, I have gotten a lot wiser and have a much greater understanding of this interest since I was 19. I am also much more able to control the desires and accept them and myself for who I am.

Believe me, in not too many years from now, you too will be one of those "older people" that right now seems so strange to think they would be into this kind of thing. This time will be here way faster than you think.

It truly is all one of perspective of where you are at in time.

If you had been born 15 years earlier, you would now be pushing 35. Perhaps you would have children of your own that are approaching being teenagers. Holy cow, you would then be one of us! Thinking along this line, perhaps I could turn this question around to you. Visualize yourself as being in this position. Ask yourself what is it that you would answer to your question to someone the age you are right now? Would you feel a little bit sad or would it bother you that now others that are younger than you think you are somehow more weird because you still are wearing diapers and have this interest?

From all of the research, discussions, and everything that I have studied for decades, the fact is that this interest is very much not likely to go away. Part of going through life with this interest is finding a balance with it and not either hating yourself for it, but also not going to the extremes that it gets in the way of other important things and relationships. Accepting it, and accepting yourself. There are always some possible exceptions, but truthfully, it just isn't likely going to go away. It is part of what makes you uniquely you, and that is a good thing.

I would also hope that you could realize that at 19, you are in many ways already considered an adult. So while you may not have yet all the responsibilities of older adults, you are well past the age of wearing diapers if you don't need them. I am sure that the generations of 5 to 10 year olds out there would find it quite "weird" that a 19 year old is still wearing diapers. They might even tease you for doing so. --Hence it is all really a perspective of when you were born in time, not necessarily of your having this interest.

A few years back, I started a similar thread of my own, "How many of you are going to wear diapers as an adult adult?" asking very similar questions as you have. The thread had many responses and I think you may actually find many of the responses quite helpful. Here also is the link to the thread.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/73356-How-many-of-you-are-going-to-wear-diapers-as-an-adult-adult

The above thread was posted in 2013. Some of the ones who responded to the thread were under 25 at that time and had similar perspectives as you. But they are now over that threshold and yet continue to be active on ADISC today.

:educate: --So, trust me when I say that while it may feel weird to think that people over 25 are still into wearing diapers as you are now, it is very likely that you will be in that same stage sooner than you realize. Time goes by fast.

I hope that this perhaps gives you a bit more of a perspective as you consider the posts of others who are over 25 and why we are still active in this interest and participate in this site. Also, I wish you all the best in your own journey and understanding of this interest.

Last edited:

Luckyfish

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I hit 37.I must admit I care less what people think and am so much more comfortable in my skin, then before. I really hate those diaper lovers/abdls (perhaps they are posers), that desicrate our pleasurable and harmless desires, by doing stupid stuff in the media that tarnishes us as a group.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
*Looks at his own age then at his own join date*

Wow, I didn't even know I've been here that long, but I know I feel no closer to giving up being 2 years old at heart now than I felt then.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Incontinent
At 60, I admit to feeling younger than my chronological age.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
At 60, I admit to feeling younger than my chronological age.
Good for you. At 41 and with my past injuries I very much feel 61. (And maybe am depending on how you understand aging)