People under 25, what are your thoughts on the older people here?

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I'm going on 19 right now, and looking around to see many people who are in there 40s or 50s or even 60s is... Weird...
This is coming from a person who had to live with people who are in there 80s, and seeing all these other older people around makes me feel, again, weird.

I am mainly speaking to the people under 25 with this posts, but some people on here are REAL fathers and mothers, heck, grandparents.
Their opinions match most people their age, and look there age. It just baffles me how they can be interested into something like ABDL or little space.
Id rather try not to offend anyone, but im really new to adult-ing in general, even more so just being around people,
Maybe its just me, because I assume im gonna grow out of abdl in a few years or so.
(Sidenote, I think the main reason im so unnerved is because, all my life I was warned about pedos and MAPs, and how young adults should always be skeptical of everybody.)
(This might be another reason why im so shoken by the whole situation was from people that age who have emotionally abused me but- eh-)

Have any tips on how to get used to this kind of thing?
((Sidenote(sidenote) I am very sorry if this came out wrong. I have no idea how else to express these things.))

UzgruzzSteelchoppa

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I agree with you. I'm really not sure how my life will play out let alone if AB/DL will even be involved. It scares me that it may not be like it is now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
I agree with you. I'm really not sure how my life will play out let alone if AB/DL will even be involved. It scares me that it may not be like it is now.

Yea that to.
Seems like all the old farts around here have it all figured out haha
I wish I could relate but I just about have a panic attck every other week due to me thinking about my situation rn

UzgruzzSteelchoppa

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Yea that to.
I wish I could relate but I just about have a panic attck every other week due to me thinking about my situation rn
I hope things improve for you friend. :)

ORBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
because I assume im gonna grow out of abdl in a few years or so.
Speaking as one of the old farts (no offense taken), I don't have things all figured out, but I have accepted that being ABDL will always be a part of me, and that I'm not going to grow out of it. Plus I enjoy when I can let my little self out.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I guess I'm kind of in between as I'm not in my 40s/50s/60s, and I'm just about 25>less.

I wouldn't say I "have it all figured out"

Nor am I the "foremost authority on adulting", but I've been at trying to be a responsible adult (paying bills and trying to not spend too much on hobbies and whatnot so I'm not making it a harder struggle than it needs to be).

I would say at least make a good attempt to be a responsible adult, if you can manage to improve your situation even a little bit (if you have any goals they may not be so easy to achieve very quickly, so put a bigge importance on that you are trying and hopefully doing better than in the past).

I mean I dont have a lot of money in the bank (or at home, or in possessions I'm ready to just sell), but I have also come a long way since I started having mental health problems (struggling to even finish high school), then I had to somehow finish high school and focus my attention on improving my mental health.

Then i had 1 job, it wasnt great and it didn't last long, but it was something.

Then i was out of work for almost a year, after which i got my last job, which ended up lasting over 5 years (i tried to get a job where i work now during last summer, but it just didnt happen), even though it lasted 5 years, i knew it was getting worse the last 2 or 3 years, it was just not knowing what i was gonna do to get out of that drab situation sucked, and then to know how i could get out of a bad job to a better one where i feel much more appreciated and make a lot more money immediately after i took my current job, and i just feel so much less stressed with more money and an idea that i can actually dig myself out of a "hole" so to speak (having a terrible credit score/history).

I mean it feels a little uneasy because it is a slow season and i may soon have a layoff for a week or two (i would get my job back right after the slow season is done, so it isnt a major concern long term, just a temporary fitback), so it is like I went 2 steps ahead, and then 2 steps back, but hey, I am still trying to get to where I want to be and I'm on the track of being able to succeed.

I know it may seem a bit odd to say this, but a part of life is realizing there are bad things and there may always be bad things, but if you can change your attitude a little bit to where those things dont impact you negatively as much as they used to and you can keeping fighting to continually do better, then I believe you will eventually make it.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm going on 19 right now, and looking around to see many people who are in there 40s or 50s or even 60s is... Weird...
This is coming from a person who had to live with people who are in there 80s, and seeing all these other older people around makes me feel, again, weird.
I can understand your feeling

I am mainly speaking to the people under 25 with this posts, but some people on here are REAL fathers and mothers, heck, grandparents.
Their opinions match most people their age, and look there age. It just baffles me how they can be interested into something like ABDL or little space.
I would just say look at yourself.

When did you start with the urges?

Good chance we where the same age.

Id rather try not to offend anyone, but im really new to adult-ing in general, even more so just being around people,
Maybe its just me, because I assume im gonna grow out of abdl in a few years or so.
This is exactly what I was always hoping for in my 20's then again in my 30's during every binge and purge cycle.

(Sidenote, I think the main reason im so unnerved is because, all my life I was warned about pedos and MAPs, and how young adults should always be skeptical of everybody.)
Totally agreed, but age has nothing to do with it.

The trolls have mostly been listed as <25.

(This might be another reason why im so shoken by the whole situation was from people that age who have emotionally abused me but- eh-)
Again I can understand. But I just want to point out that the people that did things to me and now dead or dying of old age >75

Have any tips on how to get used to this kind of thing?
Q-Tip (Quit taking it personal) and look at the back story.

The thing I have told 3rd graders when I talk to them about native American history is that I am their future and give them insight into looking at text books and how to question information sources. Because there is a lot of mis/disinformation about "Indians" that the history books spoon feed you. Because When I lived on the Hopi Indian Reservation I found out how much BS I had been told about the "savages" and how WRONG it was.

((Sidenote(sidenote) I am very sorry if this came out wrong. I have no idea how else to express these things.))
This is not "wrong" but we (the >40) can still address this in an "adult" dialog.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea that to.
Again this relates to what I want to say above.

YEs the "old farts" do seem to have it all figured out.

That is because we have been there, done that.
I had the self shame, binge and purge cycles, thought I was a pedophile because I got jealous of a two year old that was playing with blocks in just a shirt and a diaper. Wanting a diaper to wear, but all I could do is make a "pamper" out of a kitchen trash bag and a bath towel.

What makes you think I never had constant panic attacks when I was having these kinds of thoughts and did not dare talk to anyone about it.

So the thing is that we have been around and have come to accept the situation and grow to live with the Little Life/ real life balance.

The BIG BENEFIT that you have is a site like this that you can discuss, explore, and gain understanding when you are 19 and not 51 like I was when I found this site in 2013.

Because of this site I have been able to talk to my wife, deal with the urges and gain self acceptance and understanding and talk to my therapist about the whole thing from the diaper discipline I got in 1964/5 because I had messy accidents (that where an indicator of my Autism Spectrum that was not heard of beck then.) Thus I have turned the urges from a shameful thing to a coping mechanism when I an on the verge of the "Panic attacks"

So I hope this gives you some insight to us "old fart" and not make you feel so odd when we offer advice so you do not have to go to your 50's never being able to understand and control the urges.

Egor

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
I can understand your feeling

I would just say look at yourself.

When did you start with the urges?

Good chance we where the same age.

This is exactly what I was always hoping for in my 20's then again in my 30's during every binge and purge cycle.

Totally agreed, but age has nothing to do with it.

The trolls have mostly been listed as <25.

Again I can understand. But I just want to point out that the people that did things to me and now dead or dying of old age >75

Q-Tip (Quit taking it personal) and look at the back story.

The thing I have told 3rd graders when I talk to them about native American history is that I am their future and give them insight into looking at text books and how to question information sources. Because there is a lot of mis/disinformation about "Indians" that the history books spoon feed you. Because When I lived on the Hopi Indian Reservation I found out how much BS I had been told about the "savages" and how WRONG it was.

This is not "wrong" but we (the >40) can still address this in an "adult" dialog.

- - - Updated - - -

Again this relates to what I want to say above.

YEs the "old farts" do seem to have it all figured out.

That is because we have been there, done that.
I had the self shame, binge and purge cycles, thought I was a pedophile because I got jealous of a two year old that was playing with blocks in just a shirt and a diaper. Wanting a diaper to wear, but all I could do is make a "pamper" out of a kitchen trash bag and a bath towel.

What makes you think I never had constant panic attacks when I was having these kinds of thoughts and did not dare talk to anyone about it.

So the thing is that we have been around and have come to accept the situation and grow to live with the Little Life/ real life balance.

The BIG BENEFIT that you have is a site like this that you can discuss, explore, and gain understanding when you are 19 and not 51 like I was when I found this site in 2013.

Because of this site I have been able to talk to my wife, deal with the urges and gain self acceptance and understanding and talk to my therapist about the whole thing from the diaper discipline I got in 1964/5 because I had messy accidents (that where an indicator of my Autism Spectrum that was not heard of beck then.) Thus I have turned the urges from a shameful thing to a coping mechanism when I an on the verge of the "Panic attacks"

So I hope this gives you some insight to us "old fart" and not make you feel so odd when we offer advice so you do not have to go to your 50's never being able to understand and control the urges.

Egor
KLFGJLGR JK KT REJLJLERLER
PH GO SH
WOW THANKS-
HHH
Yeah! Thanks- an this really helped. oof man this post and thred is scatered haha yikes-
Also- the panic attack thing was ment to be joke kinda? Even tho it kinda does happen?

Wholehearted, thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I hope things improve for you friend. :)

oof
t
that was ment to be kinda joke but not at the same time but thank you and god bless

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'm kind of in between as I'm not in my 40s/50s/60s, and I'm just about 25>less.

I wouldn't say I "have it all figured out"

Nor am I the "foremost authority on adulting", but I've been at trying to be a responsible adult (paying bills and trying to not spend too much on hobbies and whatnot so I'm not making it a harder struggle than it needs to be).

I would say at least make a good attempt to be a responsible adult, if you can manage to improve your situation even a little bit (if you have any goals they may not be so easy to achieve very quickly, so put a bigge importance on that you are trying and hopefully doing better than in the past).

I mean I dont have a lot of money in the bank (or at home, or in possessions I'm ready to just sell), but I have also come a long way since I started having mental health problems (struggling to even finish high school), then I had to somehow finish high school and focus my attention on improving my mental health.

Then i had 1 job, it wasnt great and it didn't last long, but it was something.

Then i was out of work for almost a year, after which i got my last job, which ended up lasting over 5 years (i tried to get a job where i work now during last summer, but it just didnt happen), even though it lasted 5 years, i knew it was getting worse the last 2 or 3 years, it was just not knowing what i was gonna do to get out of that drab situation sucked, and then to know how i could get out of a bad job to a better one where i feel much more appreciated and make a lot more money immediately after i took my current job, and i just feel so much less stressed with more money and an idea that i can actually dig myself out of a "hole" so to speak (having a terrible credit score/history).

I mean it feels a little uneasy because it is a slow season and i may soon have a layoff for a week or two (i would get my job back right after the slow season is done, so it isnt a major concern long term, just a temporary fitback), so it is like I went 2 steps ahead, and then 2 steps back, but hey, I am still trying to get to where I want to be and I'm on the track of being able to succeed.

I know it may seem a bit odd to say this, but a part of life is realizing there are bad things and there may always be bad things, but if you can change your attitude a little bit to where those things dont impact you negatively as much as they used to and you can keeping fighting to continually do better, then I believe you will eventually make it.
Man I wish I could focus on my mental health, but im going onto a higher schooling. Stright outt highschool... yeahhh- Its not fun and im failing but hey, Im growing and learning! Even if its not enough to pass!
Also heck yeah! Have fun off of work and be safe!

thank you so so much. It means the world

rennecfox

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Not sure how I feel about being called an "older person" :dunno: Age is a number, certain doors open at certain times regaurding it, others close, the old adage goes you're only as old as you feel... there are things you don't grow out of though, this would be one of them.

Leio

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other
Honestly, I don't really mind interacting with older people. Ever since I was a little girl (like truly little, not just headspace little), I felt more comfortable interacting with people older than me. This was mainly because I didn't really think I had much in common with people my age. When I was little, the other girls were obsessed with Barbies and boys and makeup. Meanwhile, I spent my free time reading whatever medical papers or websites that I could get my hands on. Later on, I graduated to reading actual medical journals.

I guess that I've always felt like I was simultaneously younger and older than I actually am. I feel older because my cognitive abilities have never matched my actual age. At grade seven, some abilities tested at the Ph.D level while other things such as processing speed have remained more or less matched to my chronological age. At the same time, I feel younger. I hate to admit it, but I can be still quite socially naive... this could be due to my autism. I still love my plushies, coloring, and of course, I'm diapered 24/7 now.

I guess that I still have trouble reconciling these two sides of myself. But in other times, I feel that these two sides make sense. Self acceptance is a process. Some days will be better than others, but eventually, the ebb and flow of acceptance and self rejection will level out and favor the side of self acceptance.

Sorry if this was a rambling post... but I guess that this is my response to the question

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
Not sure how I feel about being called an "older person" :dunno: Age is a number, certain doors open at certain times regaurding it, others close, the old adage goes you're only as old as you feel... there are things you don't grow out of though, this would be one of them.
Personally, age for me is a little more then that since- There is a rule here that says keep things pg-13. Its not meaningless.
There are different things that are appropriate for peoples ages. Ya woulnt bring your 8 year old to see deadpool, haha

But yeah, 100% no offence.
I sure hope I can grow out of this and realized that I truly am an adult, but even in adult life, I still dont feel like one.
Nevertheless! Yeah! I just dont ever talk to anyone older or younger then me often!

So- In simple terms. Being around people different ages then me will always feel weird..?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I don't really mind interacting with older people. Ever since I was a little girl (like truly little, not just headspace little), I felt more comfortable interacting with people older than me. This was mainly because I didn't really think I had much in common with people my age. When I was little, the other girls were obsessed with Barbies and boys and makeup. Meanwhile, I spent my free time reading whatever medical papers or websites that I could get my hands on. Later on, I graduated to reading actual medical journals.

I guess that I've always felt like I was simultaneously younger and older than I actually am. I feel older because my cognitive abilities have never matched my actual age. At grade seven, some abilities tested at the Ph.D level while other things such as processing speed have remained more or less matched to my chronological age. At the same time, I feel younger. I hate to admit it, but I can be still quite socially naive... this could be due to my autism. I still love my plushies, coloring, and of course, I'm diapered 24/7 now.

I guess that I still have trouble reconciling these two sides of myself. But in other times, I feel that these two sides make sense. Self acceptance is a process. Some days will be better than others, but eventually, the ebb and flow of acceptance and self rejection will level out and favor the side of self acceptance.

Sorry if this was a rambling post... but I guess that this is my response to the question
Yea man autism is wild
For me, my schooling has always been pretty bad, but im good at art and music and writing!

Also heck yeah! Good job on being so talented!!! :]

JackalGuardian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
Old people are scary because I will become one. I'm 33 now and wish I was 25 and when I was 25 I wish I was 19 and when I was 19 I wish I was 14 and so on. I always looked backwards and never forwards. Age is scary and being 33 I believe it has no place here execpt maybe a change in attitude. I used to be insecure and now am secure.

When I was young I purged this out of my life. I wish I could revisit this and explore looking back. Knowing this will always be apart of you is scary but the sooner you accecpt it the better your normal life will be.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I saw this thread when it was first posted, but I didn't respond as it was directed to 25 and younger. I knew however, that older members would respond eventually, so here I am. Yeah, I've wanted to be in diapers all of my life and it's only been for the past several month that it's lessened. I'm not sure if that's because of creeping age or depression. The desires do come back at least once a week. So to answer your question, most likely, your desires won't ever go away, but they might lessen as you get older, especially if wearing diapers is also a sexual experience.

I think like most members here, I always wanted to stay young. I never had a desire to be an adult, but one has no choice in these things. It just happens. I will admit that each decade of my life has had its rewards, at least until this faze of my existence. I hate my life now but that's one reason I'm in therapy.

Having said that I would suggest that you find ways to enjoy every day of your life because each day has the potential to be precious. I don't regret much of my past, and most of my memories are good until my wife had to go on kidney dialysis. That's why each day of being healthy is precious. Enjoy your youth because the passage of time changes all things.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
I saw this thread when it was first posted, but I didn't respond as it was directed to 25 and younger. I knew however, that older members would respond eventually, so here I am. Yeah, I've wanted to be in diapers all of my life and it's only been for the past several month that it's lessened. I'm not sure if that's because of creeping age or depression. The desires do come back at least once a week. So to answer your question, most likely, your desires won't ever go away, but they might lessen as you get older, especially if wearing diapers is also a sexual experience.

I think like most members here, I always wanted to stay young. I never had a desire to be an adult, but one has no choice in these things. It just happens. I will admit that each decade of my life has had its rewards, at least until this faze of my existence. I hate my life now but that's one reason I'm in therapy.

Having said that I would suggest that you find ways to enjoy every day of your life because each day has the potential to be precious. I don't regret much of my past, and most of my memories are good until my wife had to go on kidney dialysis. That's why each day of being healthy is precious. Enjoy your youth because the passage of time changes all things.
Yeah... Im really glad to grow and learn
I feel kinda afraid of people older then me and its nice ti see i can relate to yall!!!

but tbh im stuck in college. I dont have any time to exsplore at all unless its online. I am at home and doont have a dorm oof
At least im here right!

Teddy02

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh boy am I pleased I am not 25! Or 35, no I am at the ripe young age of 69! Yikes! When I was 10 I was desperate for nappies as I wet the bed every night and hated it. Then I got to like the idea, the trouble was I discovered girls but could not get nappies out of my mind. I felt so totally inadequate and the binge/purge cycles came and went, but it did effect the way I felt about being an adult, yet having thoughts about being babied.
My job? Well, I was a fashion photographer surrounded by some of the world’s most beautiful women and I’m thinking about nappies! There was a lot of self loathing that took many years to get over. At 30 I married a lady who did not accept my baby side and wanted a ‘real man’, but she did not object to the nappies at bed time. So that is where it remained. I have always been able to be a proper adult when needed, but it took me until I was 60ish to feel comfortable about wearing nappies especially during the day, which I now do 24/7.
The AB side has diminished and I would now say I am just a plain ordinary DL but not an old one. I still love wearing nappies as much as I ever did preferably terry nappies (which I make myself) and plastic pants. My washing line would entertain many an ABDL. They are as comfortable as they ever were and now more functional as I get older.
All this means that I have my public persona and my private one which I keep in check.
I would not be so arrogant as to give advise, but my great regret is that I did not enjoy my ABDL personality enough and it took a very long time to accept it as just a part of who I am.
Final message, don’t dismiss us older ABDLs, we have been through most of what you are going through and come out the other side, and let’s face it there is a great likelihood that you will be ‘older’ one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
It's literally something that can't be stopped. No one can stop the clock, but basically you're as young as you feel.

I doubt I'll ever get rid of 'little feelings'.

ginger22

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
I just turned 70 and believe me the more you do this the harder it is to quit. If you think and or want to get out of it do it now while to are young because it while not an addiction is very habit forming.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I hope I can give some input here. I'm 25 now but I joined here in my mid-teens back when the site still allowed minors.

I think a large part of it is your assumption that it's something you'll grow out of. When you take that viewpoint and assume that it starts young, then old people taking part seems really weird. I came from the opposite end and assumed it was something you didn't grow out of - an intrinsic part of your character or sense of self. While it was initially a bit odd at first, because all old people seem a bit odd at that young age, I realised that many of us are not so different inside.
The other reason it can seem weird is because I think children often think about 30/40 year olds and 60/70 year olds doing things by imagining their parents or grandparents doing those things. Pro tip: never think about things in terms of your relatives doing them - it's always weird.

Really the only thing age ends to correlate with is how much control over your own life you now have, and the number of mistakes you've made while getting there.
Now I'm 25 and really don't feel any different regarding ABDL to when I was 16. I've had time and opportunity to try more things and learn more about it, but the feeling is the same.

My advice is basically to ignore the age unless the topic makes it relevant. Old people aren't always wise and young people aren't always naive. Some of the younger members have gone through tougher times with more responibility as children than many others ever have to as adults, while some young adults are experts while we have older members who are just discovering this side. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Honestly, I don't really mind interacting with older people. Ever since I was a little girl (like truly little, not just headspace little), I felt more comfortable interacting with people older than me.
[...]
Oh snap! All of that is creepily similar to me, except I don't have an autism diagnosis. I always found it easy to talk to adults and have more grown up conversations. It makes the social immaturity harder to deal with when people see the other side and expect you to be mature. I still feel very young inside all the time.

It's sort of funny. People on here often used to assume I was about 20 years older than I am before they could see the age. You're someone who I assumed was older before I looked at the age.

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
23 here.

Doesn't matter to me how old anyone is everyone just gets the same reaction from me being "heck yeah you rock your funky self!"

As long as people are nice then they can be 18 or 81 doesn't make any difference to me.

They're just people who happen to be into the same niche thing as I am and that's always awesome.

LittleSissieJolie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Little, Incontinent
The Beatles? aren't they, like, Paul McCarthy's back up band, with Ringo Harrison and Julian's dad and I forget the other two's names... but you remember them? Wow, dude, you must be real OLD!

of course Julian is only 6 years younger than me...

The BIG age issue that goes with Diaper Stuff.. is that if you're over 5 years old and still wet the bed (let alone potty training) it's a red flag.