People being arrested, tortured, and killed for being gay

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Frankly, this is how a conversation between a gay dude and me would go:

Dude: "I'm gay!"
Me: "I don't care."

I wish no harm on them, but if the International Church is involved, my loyalties will go to it before the LGBT community. That aside, I have little use for labels.

ESPF

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It unfortunate but non of this is anything new. If you don't believe me try attending a "Transgender Day of Remembrance". Just reading the names of the transpeople that have been murdered in the lat year is a 3 to 4 hour memorial. https://tdor.info And the goings on in the old Soviet Union/Aisha is normally nothing compared to the numbers fro South & Central America and Mexico.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Frankly, this is how a conversation between a gay dude and me would go:

Dude: "I'm gay!"
Me: "I don't care."

I wish no harm on them, but if the International Church is involved, my loyalties will go to it before the LGBT community. That aside, I have little use for labels.

As I've said before I have nothing against religion; my problem is with the people that act as if being serious about their religion entitles them to act like they themselves are some kind of "god" and anyone they dislike may as well be a piece of crap on the bottom of their shoes.

There are many religious people that dont act this way, just like there are some notable ones that do and they are the ones you hear about through news outlets for causing problems with people from the LGBTQ community.

We are all human beings and should all treat each other nicely, until you find a serious problem with someone like if they are a Rapist, Child Molester, Murderer, etc.

It is someone's character (or lack thereof) that I judge regardless of their skin color, gender, gender identity, Sexuality, religion, ect ect.

ESPF

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
A few years back I was living on the north side of Detroit and I had agreed to help with gay pride that year. But before I went on duty for the afternoon. I just had to go check out the protesters around the block... Their were a TOTAL of two little old women protesting Detroit Pride that year. I'll give them the benefit of the fought and say they were in there 60s (Not). The two of them got one look at me and pounced. Carrying on about I was going to burn in hell and...
I put up with them for all of about 15... Ish? defends, before I interrupted the with.
"You know if you purpose for being here this morning is to convince me of the error of my ways, and that the two of you know the one and only true way to Christ and God... Then you need to answer two questions for me."
The two of them studered and stammered for just a second. And I wasn't about to give them the chance to start up again so I pressed on.
One... If Christ preached love and tolerance, and you're preaching this sort of hatred, who's work are you really doing?"
The one was already getting red in the face Ind I was thinking she was trying to figure out whether to beat me over the head with her "God hates fagots" sine or to through her Bible at me.
So I quick pressed on. "And my defend question is... Have either of you ever seen Dana Carvey on Saturday Night Live as the church lady? 'Satin maybe?'"

Icewolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Carer
There are many religious people that dont act this way, just like there are some notable ones that do and they are the ones you hear about through news outlets for causing problems with people from the LGBTQ community.
Just as I see there are many from the LGBT community that don't act like they should have special rights that should trump the rights of others, mostly religious people. There are those that do and they are the ones making the news.

Personally I take a "you do your thing and let me do mine" stance as long as what either of us is doing is not illegal or harming to anyone but ourselves. I boil it down to just basic respect, we don't have to like what others are doing, but we have to respect the differences we have as people and be willing to work within those differences as much as possible.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think most groups have a few unreasonable members that are way far out there and make the news, but is it really so bad to recognize just how bad some of the religious people are?

Let me know when a country pops up that is ran by the LGBTQ community and is arresting, torturing, and killing people just for have a religion

I'll wait.

Icewolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Carer
but is it really so bad to recognize just how bad some of the religious people are?
Hey, ones like me look at groups like the WBC (Westbourgh Baptist Church) and hate what they are doing. The issue I see is some of us do recognize how bad some of the religious people are but when we try to point out the equivalents on the other side some on that side appear to plug their ears and go "lalala can't hear you".

To turn your question around, is it really so bad to recognize how bad some members of the LGBTQ community are? It would not surprise me if some of the religious people are so bad because someone from the LGBTQ community was just as bad, or worse, to them, and even I admit that reverse could apply as well.
Let me know when a country pops up that is ran by the LGBTQ community and is arresting, torturing, and killing people just for have a religion
One ran by the LGBTQ community has not popped up, but people have been arrested, tortured, and killed for having religion before, there is a reason why some countries have "underground churches" and why we have Freedom of Religion (not Freedom from Religion) here in the U.S. Sad fact might be that in some of these countries where people are arrested, tortured and killed for being LGBTQ now, inn the past and maybe along side them now are people with a religion going through the same.

The issue might not be religious people vs the LGBTQ community as much as those that think their rights give are more important then the rights of others. For me, my rights end where yours begin and yours end where mine begin. It might be up to the ones on the same side to clean up the mess or make up for it, I.E. the LGBTQ community has to come out admitting that x member does not speak for the community as a whole and religious people need to do better at denouncing the words and actions of their own idiotic compatriots.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey, ones like me look at groups like the WBC (Westbourgh Baptist Church) and hate what they are doing. The issue I see is some of us do recognize how bad some of the religious people are but when we try to point out the equivalents on the other side some on that side appear to plug their ears and go "lalala can't hear you".

To turn your question around, is it really so bad to recognize how bad some members of the LGBTQ community are? It would not surprise me if some of the religious people are so bad because someone from the LGBTQ community was just as bad, or worse, to them, and even I admit that reverse could apply as well.

One ran by the LGBTQ community has not popped up, but people have been arrested, tortured, and killed for having religion before, there is a reason why some countries have "underground churches" and why we have Freedom of Religion (not Freedom from Religion) here in the U.S. Sad fact might be that in some of these countries where people are arrested, tortured and killed for being LGBTQ now, inn the past and maybe along side them now are people with a religion going through the same.

The issue might not be religious people vs the LGBTQ community as much as those that think their rights give are more important then the rights of others. For me, my rights end where yours begin and yours end where mine begin. It might be up to the ones on the same side to clean up the mess or make up for it, I.E. the LGBTQ community has to come out admitting that x member does not speak for the community as a whole and religious people need to do better at denouncing the words and actions of their own idiotic compatriots.
Yeah I dont doubt that there are probably some unreasonable people in the LGBTQ community as there are in any group of people, as for people being arrested, and killed for their religion, that is largely due to extremists that hate anyone that doesn't share their religion and it's been going on for Thousands of years; the most apparent of that is the middle east with Muslims and Jews killing each other as they fight for the same land they both claim they have a right to as their ancestors have been there for thousands of years.

But it still seems like the bad members of the church are probably the worst offenders in this situation

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna958366

I have heard about this sort of thing happening in a few countries before (last time was in some Asian country, I forget which one) , this time it happens to be Chechnya (a mostly Muslim area of Russia).

I know the reason these countries are so against LGBTQ is because of old fashioned religious beliefs, but its just ridiculous that they go so far, I don't even think there is any reason to deny gay people the right to marry, just let people be themselves and do their own thing in peace.

Either it doesn't involve you and you shouldn't care, or it does actually involve you and then there is no reason to be against them if you are one of them.

And of course they are denying that the reason why they are detaining and torturing these people (to the point that some have died) is because they are gay, they probably know on some level that most of the world (the developed countries anyways) is against that kind of treatment on that basis; but I don't think they really care.
The world goes wrong, and when the world goes wrong, you have to brake the differences ): . Because of course, it's because people are different that the world goes wrong ... (It's obviously sarcastic. but unfortunately many people think like that)

MrGnome

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Islam is the most brutal towards gays but christians have some twisted views on it as well. That's why I will always remain spiritual but not religious. They are all about guilt and shame about natural human desires. I also feel homosexuals are natural part of nature to control over population. I mean people been gay from the beginning of time especially roman times, even animals. It's just horrible people would kill someone just cause their gay!

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna958366

I have heard about this sort of thing happening in a few countries before (last time was in some Asian country, I forget which one) , this time it happens to be Chechnya (a mostly Muslim area of Russia).

I know the reason these countries are so against LGBTQ is because of old fashioned religious beliefs, but its just ridiculous that they go so far, I don't even think there is any reason to deny gay people the right to marry, just let people be themselves and do their own thing in peace.

Either it doesn't involve you and you shouldn't care, or it does actually involve you and then there is no reason to be against them if you are one of them.

And of course they are denying that the reason why they are detaining and torturing these people (to the point that some have died) is because they are gay, they probably know on some level that most of the world (the developed countries anyways) is against that kind of treatment on that basis; but I don't think they really care.
We're talking about Russia here...some leaders have methods of controlling the growth/decay of their nation, this is just one of them.