• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Peeing more often with diapers on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soren456

I've been wondering.

When I was in high school and before, and couldn't wear at will, I used to pee only a few times each day, like 4-5 times (I think), unless I tanked up.

Now, with the freedom of college, I wear almost every day. And since I like to use diapers, I pee whenever I feel like it. And now it seems like I pee many times each day--like lots some days, diapered or not.

So my question: Anyone else notice this? Do you think your bladder gets smaller when you start using diapers? Are you more attuned to your bladder status?

(No, I'm not diabetic.)

M

Mako

It's something I noticed too when I was padded for long periods while visiting my boyfriend last year. I think it's just because you don't have to find a bathroom, or hold it until the urge subsides that it feels you go more often. I'm pretty sure it's still the same amount you go, just in smaller and more frequent wettings.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I noticed that too, when I wore. I wet several times at night, but now, I might only go once or twice.

I agree with Mako. I think when you're wearing, you let go whenever you feel the urge to, but when you're not, you wait until you can find a bathroom. (Obviously.)

My :twocents:.

--The Silent Assassin--

B

Butterfly Mage

I think you'll find if you don't wear diapers for a few weeks, your body's schedule will return to what it had been before. People don't really become incontinent from wearing diapers. What actually happens is that one's holding capacity decreases somewhat after wearing diapers for an extended period of time. But that's not incontinence. (Glad for that!)

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
It depends on the use you make of your diapers.

If you pee in them the way you'd normally pee in a toilet, you aren't gonna feel that much difference in the frequency you need to go when undiapered.

If, as you do, you use diapers like they're meant to be used (wetting in small amounts but continuously, keeping your bladder always empty) after some time you'll get way more sensitive about your bladder status and, although maybe it has just reached a small percentage of its capacity, you'll feel the stimulus to go.

It's what has happened to me lately: it's not like my bladder holds less than before, or that I have problems holding it in (I don't wear 24/7). But the alarm in my head goes off way earlier than it used to do before and, consequently, I go potty more often. Ten years ago I could stay half a day without seeing a toilet and not even thinking about it. Nowadays, if you're visiting a new place with me, and want to know where the toilets are, ask me, I'll probably have already visited them before you know... :D

Of course this is bond to become a sort of vicious (or virtuous, depending on how you consider it :D) cycle:

you wear and use diapers more often --> you increase your bladder sensitivity by having it always empty --> you feel more often the stimulus to go --> you eventually decide that diapers are useful for some situations (i.e. bedtime) where you don't want to feel the need to go to the toilet continuosly --> you wear diapers even more often than before --> cycle starts again.... :p

And it happens for #2 too...

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Although I started wearing cloth diapers every night when I was 12, I never wore a disposable until the month before I left for university. Somehow I managed to stay dry the entire flight from Los Angeles to Newark. Proud of myself I used a toilet after landing. I noticed my disposable was sweaty so I changed for the long bus ride to my dorm. The next day I decided to wear a disposable under my dress to a welcome kegger. From then on I got bolder wearing a disposable even when I was acting like a responsible person.

My final year of pre-law many lectures and moot courts ran far longer than 55 minutes, so I would wear a diaper to those. I got used to wetting when I felt the need. What I discovered during the summer between graduating pre-law and starting law school was I had hardly any bladder control. My urologists believe that was the natural continuation of the medical issed which had caused me to revert to bedwetting.

Honestly I do not know. For several years if I really concentrated and did not drink anything after lunch I could manage to hold back wetting for a couple of hours in the early evening. Eventually for me that became impossible. Again my urologists told me in the long-term it was healthier for me to drink appropriate amounts of water even if that caused me to need another diaper change.

It is my urologists who spent so many years in school and residency, so I pay attention to their opinions. Since I am incontinent it well could be simply wearing diapers will not turn anyone else into an incontinent.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't really ever paid much attention, to be honest. I don't wear diapers everyday though...two or three times a week tops, so i'm not as "conditioned" to diaper wearing as most of you apparently are.

I have a pretty big bladder and could easily go all day without peeing if i'm away from home. I have noticed that my bladder does relax somewhat when i'm diapered, but its right back to normal when the diaper comes off.....

I think your right about us being more attuned to our bladders. Wearing and using diapers comfortably does take some conditioning......Guess we just become more aware of whats happening down there as a result.

Role
Diaper Lover
after some time you'll get way more sensitive about your bladder status and, although maybe it has just reached a small percentage of its capacity, you'll feel the stimulus to go.
I feel like this is a good description of how I feel. My bladder is a tank - still, even, after diapers - but I'm a lot more aware when I *could* go, not necessarily *need* to go.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Yes I peed more often with diapers on and they weren't all heavy wettings. Now my bladder is so used to being empty I feel I have to go all the time. I prefer diapers so I don't have to keep getting up. But sometimes my bladder keeps me up all night because I can't pee laying down so I keep getting up to go.

S

soren456

. . . .But sometimes my bladder keeps me up all night . . . . .
That's one thing I haven't noticed, thank God. I can sleep through the night and not be bothered.

But sit through an hour's lecture undiapered, and I have to hit the restroom at the end.

Weird.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I've noticed the same thing - when I wear diapers, I go more often. I don't even have to wear several days in a row...I put one on, and I'm bound to go more often, but smaller amounts. It's logical when you consider that the body doesn't have to bother waiting for an appropriate time to pee - just signal "I'm letting go now" and then go.

But then, my pee schedule is pretty messed up as it is. There's no way to predict how often I have to go. In the past weeks (!), I've been drinking quite a lot of liquids due to the unusually warm weather, yet I've peed less often than I normally would in the summer. Sometimes, there are days when I don't drink much at all (e.g. because I have to go on a road trip), but find I have to pee every 30 to 60 mins anyway, wondering where all the water comes from in the first place.

Peachy

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
It's just psychosomatic to a point. You're used to having your bladder be completely empty, so when any liquid stores up, you get the sensation to void.

love3535

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Private
I noticed win i wear them more i do have to pee more and more change at 5 to 6 time a day

S

soren456

. . . .But then, my pee schedule is pretty messed up as it is. . . .
Do you really think people have a "pee schedule"?

I don't. I think bowel movements are predictable, almost to the point of a schedule.

But I've never felt that peeing was predictable, like "I'll usually need to pee at 10:30," or "I always have to pee at noon."

I think if you're not diapered, peeing is more like taking advantage of the opportunity to do it.

Interesting if it is different for you.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Do you really think people have a "pee schedule"?

I don't. I think bowel movements are predictable, almost to the point of a schedule.

But I've never felt that peeing was predictable, like "I'll usually need to pee at 10:30," or "I always have to pee at noon."

I think if you're not diapered, peeing is more like taking advantage of the opportunity to do it.

Interesting if it is different for you.
Almost every single day at around 2:30 (After school).

How's that for a pee schedule?! :D

S

soren456

Almost every single day at around 2:30 (After school).

How's that for a pee schedule?! :D
Works for you, I guess. :smile:

But it's not your schedule, it's the school's schedule.

Do you pee at 2:30 on Saturdays and Sundays?

I definitely a free-lance pee-er . . . . :D

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Works for you, I guess. :smile:

But it's not your schedule, it's the school's schedule.

Do you pee at 2:30 on Saturdays and Sundays?

I definitely a free-lance pee-er . . . . :D
Aww, fuck. >.>

Probably not, I have no idea. >.>

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I have to pee right before I go to bed and right after I wake up.... almost always. Back when I was in school, as soon as I got home too.

Anyway, I do find that I pee more when I'm in a diaper. But.... I usually drink a little extra water just to be completely certain that I will have to pee while I'm wearing one. :sweatdrop:

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
yeah I tend to pee more while Im in a diaper, however I do drink more and try and get my use out of the diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.