Peeing in bed

Richard101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find it so frustrating when I pee in bed (in my diaper) as I don't manage to properly empty my bladder. I go back to sleep then soon wake again wanting to go again.; Not a recipe for a good night's sleep

• Thinking
Reactions: theancientmariner and Jorelaxed
I feel your pain, in so many ways! Wish there was a "holding it" switch I could take a sledge hammer to...

I have found that when I wake up. I oftentimes need to pee. It’ll likely be more than usual because there’s a “switch” that gently numbs the urge to go pee so we can sleep longer through the night. For some people this doesn’t work or they have an overactive bladder. I often wake up and go pee and then have to go pee about 1-3 times more without having anything to eat or drink. They tend to be sizable pees. So it’s like it all waits until I’m awake. I feel like they’re full emptying of my bladder each time.

Reactions: Kellycares
Richard101 said:
I find it so frustrating when I pee in bed (in my diaper) as I don't manage to properly empty my bladder. I go back to sleep then soon wake again wanting to go again.; Not a recipe for a good night's sleep
I experience the same. I think it's pretty normal not to be able to fully empty oneself unless standing or sitting. When lying down, there's not as much pressure on your bladder. I enjoy using diapers while in bed, but sometimes I feel like I need to stand up to finish, which sort of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: LukeTheDeersky
I wear to bed most nights 9 out 10 times I can’t go laying down but if I standup and go just a little bit then lay down I can finish then.

I find it easier to go on my back, fully asleep.

Reactions: nectar0001 and diaperdude
Yeah, it takes practice. I remember when i first started wearing again, i could barely do it. I'd have to get up, strain, and then still have a half full bladder. Now, if i do wake up at all, it's as simple as relaxing and then falling back asleep lol. You'll get the hang of it. Baby steps!

Reactions: tseaborn and Kellycares
I have no problem peeing in bed20230524_113017.jpg

• Love
Reactions: incontinente, crinklybabyblue, Chrissie and 6 others
The key part here is its about relaxing you body to let the pee out. Not at all about pushing. Just relax.

Reactions: incontinente, AJFan2020 and chamberpot
Wetshisbed said:
I have no problem peeing in bedView attachment 111157
This picture was me before the Continence Nurse fitted a large washable bed pad. No more 03.00 am linen changes 😀.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
My bed pad is under the sheet.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and nectar0001
Took me decades to empty my bladder in the horizontal position.
Initially it was quite impossible
Then it was possible for a few drops.
Then it started to flow a bit only on the back
Then it started to flow on the belly
Today I'm able to empty my bladder in both positions with two prerequisites:
1) I need to open my eyes! Don't ask why but if my eyes are closed, it doesn't start, once started I can close them and fall back asleep.
2) If there's someone in the room, I can't empty my bladder! It starts but as explained earlier, not everything comes out...

But it's easier and easier... Year after year... patience is the keyword

Reactions: WillFord384
Wetshisbed said:
lovve waking up wet in pullup, pantyhose, and short silk slip. Love those wet sheets from an accident.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Why is my diaper somtimes leaking when I lay in bed? When I pee the side is leaking

Dutchpamper said:
Why is my diaper somtimes leaking when I lay in bed? When I pee the side is leaking
Fluids go the path of least resistance, and diapers were never infallible and always have a limit. If the padding is no longer sufficient where the liquid comes out, and the path of least resistance is away from the absorbant padding then that's where it's going to go.

Try different diapers that may work better for you, add stuffers to increase absorption where needed, change the way you tape up or secure the diapers, add plastic pants or a diaper cover... What works best for you will vary depending on the shape of your body and your unique needs. Short of sleeping in the bathtub, it often takes time and experimentation to work this out. And even for those of us that find our best solution, we'll still have the occasional leak.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashPanda01 and Dutchpamper
Dutchpamper said:
The wetness will always try to find the easiest route and this area has the least padding and is where the two parts of the diaper joins.

I normally always sleep with the added protection of plastic pants. Daytimes I wear boxer briefs over my nappy/diaper and if I feel that I’m likely to be very wet overnight, (if I have had a few late cups of tea or a couple of beers) I wear boxer briefs over my nappy and under the plastic pants.

Leaks from the nappy are rare, but if they do occur they are absorbed into the boxer briefs and contained within the plastic pants. This has always worked no matter how wet I have been, and for me wet underpants are better than a wet bed.

It’s very hot here in England at the moment, so when I last wore nappies on Friday night I risked wearing just a nappy and nothing else and it was all OK, but it is a risk!

Reactions: Dutchpamper
DLmikey said:
The wetness will always try to find the easiest route and this area has the least padding and is where the two parts of the diaper joins.

I normally always sleep with the added protection of plastic pants. Daytimes I wear boxer briefs over my nappy/diaper and if I feel that I’m likely to be very wet overnight, (if I have had a few late cups of tea or a couple of beers) I wear boxer briefs over my nappy and under the plastic pants.

Leaks from the nappy are rare, but if they do occur they are absorbed into the boxer briefs and contained within the plastic pants. This has always worked no matter how wet I have been, and for me wet underpants are better than a wet bed.

It’s very hot here in England at the moment, so when I last wore nappies on Friday night I risked wearing just a nappy and nothing else and it was all OK, but it is a risk!
It is very hot here too in NL….as a kid I did wear only a nappy to bed, so do I now.

Reactions: DLmikey
DLmikey said:

Same here , after waking up mid pee last night I ditched the pants and just wore my nappy , had 3 more big pees no leaks

Reactions: DLmikey
Reactions: nectar0001
Wetshisbed said:
I always sleep directly on my bed pad as it is easier to wash and dry than the sheets.

Back