Peaudouce Child Size Nappies

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have posted a pic of a magazine advert for these in another thread.

I remember wearing these to bed when I was about 3 and have a specific memory of wearing one aged three and a half.

I remember that it was huge on me and came past my belly button. I was a tall three and a half year old too.

Does anyone have any pictures of this type of nappy, preferably with a ruler or tape measure next to it?

I am curious to know if they really were as voluminous as I seem to remember.

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I’ve subsequently discovered that in non-English speaking markets this size was marketed as “Extra” in case anyone has any info, measurements or pictures of them?

Additionally, some packaging came with both “Extra” and “Childsize” written on them.

Here are the Peaudouce range being sold in the Argos Catalogue in 1987. It’s page 292 in case you get lost.

https://issuu.com/retromash/docs/argossuperstore-1987-autumnwinter/292

There seem not to have been standard nappy sizes then as between brands.

They’re really expensive too- UK nappies cost a lot less than this now, over 30 years later!

SweetPrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy

SicartheaSpikefan

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
based on the weight, these diapers were built for 4-8 year old boys
If you have trouble fitting into goodnites then these will probably be too tight

Last edited:

RetroGamerGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Carer
Wow im actually surprised those are quite large for a childrens diaper. There was nothing close to that in the U.S. i can think of. I remember XL size diapers saying something like 22lbs+ but never actually going up to the sizes that that one does

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
didn't have disposables in my day, terry nappies and waterproof pants that were actually made from rubber!

DloverUK

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know I wore this brand as a baby. Only cos I have seen a photo of myself next to a pack of them. Maybe we were in holiday in France at the time or something. Always lived in the UK so not sure why my family would have them.

Last edited: