Password Managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I was flipping threw my $200(Crazy, eh?) Intro to Computers textbook and happened to stop on a page that mentioned password managers and that they can store your username and password and you could put the program on a thumb drive. So, I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good password manager that I could put on a 1 gigabyte thumb drive. I have so many different usernames and passwords and it's hard to remember all of them. I downloaded a password manager called Password Safe, but I can't really seem to get it to work.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It depends on your OS. But you could try KWallet if there is a version for your OS.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I was flipping threw my $200(Crazy, eh?) Intro to Computers textbook and happened to stop on a page that mentioned password managers and that they can store your username and password and you could put the program on a thumb drive. So, I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good password manager that I could put on a 1 gigabyte thumb drive. I have so many different usernames and passwords and it's hard to remember all of them. I downloaded a password manager called Password Safe, but I can't really seem to get it to work.

Through*...You could always use Firefox...It can remember your passwords when you type them in...

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Passwords are only safe in one place. Your head.
Having it stored in a file will mean access to all especially for hackers.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Usually the idea is the stored passwords are encrypted with a key derived from a master password. You enter your master password and then it gives you access to all your other passwords.

daveyy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've got a Mac, - Gotta love Mac's, and all my passwords are stored in the system - with 'Keychain Access', the password manager of OSX. But, when doing this I found it best to create a separate 'Keychain' for your passwords that you want kept secret with a different password to your login one so that if someone does break in, they can't hack your bank or anything like that.

=D.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
It depends on your OS. But you could try KWallet if there is a version for your OS.
I'm running Windows XP on my desktop at home and my laptop and the computers at school are running Vista, if that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.