parental strictness levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Lots of people talk about their mothers going bananas when they do something, and others talk about their fathers.

Does anyone have one single parent thats strict? Is it your mother or father? Is it both?

I WANT TO KNOW!

my papa was the fiend when I was young, but they've grown out of it

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
my dad is usually the understanding one(except grades). Don't get me wrong i love my mom but she freaks out way to easy.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
My dad is the strict one by a long shot. My mom can't keep order.

Role
Private
Uhhh... my dad was more strict, but only in the sense of punishment when I played up. Other than that, both of my parents were pretty liberal and still are. Put this way, I had quite a few freedoms, more so than a lot of my peers, when I was growing up.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think my dad is more strict...But I could kind of talk my parents into a lot of things...

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Both of my parents are gone now, but neither of them were overly strict when I was growing up. I remember when I was 15 I was allowed to go out to the movies with a boy from another city (He was my brother's landlord's son)...in that city (actually it was a whole different province)!

School nights (in my teen years) I was expected to be home in bed by 10pm, but weekends I was allowed out 'til midnight (although I was frequently home much earlier 'cause my friends didn't all have the same freedoms). When I was 16/17/18 I was allowed to take the car pretty much any time and anywhere I wanted...including to University some weeks (which involved much travelling to nearby cities for movies and doughnuts! Okay, okay, and the occasional beer run!) :-D

After university I still lived at home...and I was pretty much allowed to come and go as I pleased.

I guess, as long as I told 'em where I was going, and approximately when I'd be home, it was okay. :)

Even when I was younger...from school age on...I was allowed to go to friends' places...as long as the folks new where I was going.

Then again, I was either a very obedient child, or my parents were extreeeeeeeeeeemely liberal minded because I was never punished (no spankings, not even sent to my room).

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
My mom doesn't have a need to be strict, I always give her a reasonable time I'm going to be home. I always tell her where I am going, who I am with, and a number to contact me at. Even if I don't she's not too worried. I have gotten away with a few bad things - but my mom has never had a reason to distrust me, so she's never questioned my answers or explanations.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Both of my parental figures are ccontroll freaks, but not strict. Although it does get annoying.

D

daria7483

I don't mean to brag, but my parents got pretty lucky with me. They got divorced when I was 3. When I was a teen, my dad lived 200 miles away and my mom was going to school and holding down a job, so she wasn't around a whole lot. So I raised myself in a lot of ways and never got into much trouble.

The only thing I can ever remember arguing over were chores - my mom thought I didn't do enough to help out around the house - and schoolwork. Anything less than a B was not acceptable. In elementary school I had a problem with always forgetting to do homework or forgetting a book I needed for homework, and this led to a bunch of arguments. My grades weren't horrible but they weren't very good either. TV time was taken away, allowance was withheld, a few times I got spanked - but then my mom always felt guilty for the spankings. Probably the best motivation I got though was my mom offering to buy me a book I really wanted if I pulled my 9 weeks grades in social studies and science up to B's. I brought home a 99 on a social studies test and my mom went ahead and gave me the book early.

But that was pretty much it. Actually, my mom was kind of a rebel in high school - she started smoking in the bathrooms in 8th grade and skipped school more than she went her senior year - and I think she was kind of disappointed I wasn't a little bit more rebellious. I guess all that screaming and fighting in elementary school did some good, because by high school when she really needed me to look after myself I pretty much came home, did homework, practiced my violin, and hung out with friends. Nothing too serious, so she didn't have to be strict. Oh, she did try to set limits because she was concerned about the major amounts of time I spent on the internet though...wonder what I was doing all that time :)

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
My dad was never around. I wouldn't call my mom strict, but she basically enforced the rules. We were usually good kids, so rules weren't often broken. :)

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
My mother was one of those strict women but I knew how to get around her. Life was not the easiest for me due to an abusive household with my father and my mother ignored me except for when she was trying to get me to do a certain thing or act a certain way. Like for instance she hated my best friend so I was often telling her I was hanging out with somebody else to get out of the house.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
out of both my parents, my father was the strict one, but i live with my grandparents now ^^

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
My mother is one of the most relaxed people I know.

She knows I'm not stupid, that I don't mix with the wrong crowd (drugs, drinking, vandalism, etc.) and that I don't appreciate too much "motherly love" or restrictions. That's not to say she lets me do everything, but most of the time, I get a say in the matter.

I find that parents that are too restrictive or protective can really warp the child's mind. When they get out into the world, it's a whole different experience, and sometimes it may be too much.

Parents need to let their kids live a -little-

Little ollie

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I guess looking back on when I did live with my parents, they weren't all that bad heck I was allowed out when and where I wanted for however long. She wasn't even that bad when I was a kid she'd always let me out till 9 and when I got to 14 even that went out of the window. My dad is the least strict person I know though he lets me do anything pretty much and has done for quite a while.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
looking back at my parents, my mother was more of the control freak while my dad, although pretty chill most of the time, only followed suit. He was a bit more passive compared to my mother, but he did give me a spanking once or twice when i was little. Middle school was the worst for all of us. I tried to be rebellious and fought with my parents about their "rules." Looking back at myself i cant help but laugh at how stupid i was and how much i've grown since then. Wouldn't have happened without em though.

Role
Incontinent
My parents weren't strict, they just enforced the rules. No drinking, smoking, drugs, etc. Those 3 were strictly enforced mainly because both of them are nurses and they know what those 3 things can do to your body. I guess I picked up their train of thought, because I don't drink(Mainly because I'm underage and think beer and liquer tastes gross), don't smoke(I think it is the grossest habit ever), and don't do drugs(because they are illegal and I don't want to go to jail). The other rule that was enforced was doing homework and making sure it was turned in on time. The only other rule I can think of that they were really serious about was being respectful to people.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
My parents are cool. They don't care about me drinking or doing drugs or not doing homework. But then that's only because they know they don't need to care about that stuff. I'm sensible.
They don't really make rules either, everything is just common sense. I had a bed time for school nights when I was younger, that was a rule I guess.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My mom was the strict one, and my dad was real laid back. My mom enforced the rules, and there were many of them. I was adopted, so I was quite different from them, and I don't think they always knew how to deal with me. They loved me, however, and I loved them. Because my mom was so strict, when I went to college, I went very wild, breaking all of InconJenOnWheels rules, as well as most of the social and moral rules as well. In other words, I had a great time!

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
My Dad is more strict regularly, but when it comes to grades, my mom goes crazy. She once told me a story of how she put my brother in counseling because he missed a homework assignment in elementary school. She's not quite that strict anymore. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.