Paranormal Happenings

Drifter said:
I participated in an exercise like that, too. I believe I was in 8th grade at the time. Four of us made two attempts to lift the teacher the way you described. The first attempt failed. After some hocus-pocus by the teacher we were successful with the second lift. I chalk it up to simple, psychological factors. When you first hear about 4 kids attempting to lift an adult using only two fingers each, it sounds next to impossible. I'm guessing our teacher weighed a little under 200 pounds, so each of us had to lift about 50 lbs. That really isn't so much weight for a healthy preteen kid to lift, especially if he/she was prepared to do it as, what was essentially, a deadlift. The realization that it isn't actually all that hard to do helps make it more likely to accomplish. Another thing is getting the kids to lift in unison, which was accomplished by the how the teacher was talking while getting us ready for the second attempt. The third thing was how rigid the teacher was holding his body in both attempts. It may or may not have been intentional, but most likely the teacher kept his body more rigid in the second attempt because he expected it was going to be a successful lift. If you've ever tried to pick up an ornery child that kept his/her body limp, you know how hard it can be to lift someone who is uncooperative. Taken together, these things present a simple, rational explanation.

Interesting thoughts! The idea that there may be something in the synchronicity of the lifting has occurred to me also. The silent "ritual" as it were naturally syncs everyone up much moreso than they were for the first attempt. Perhaps relatedly, we never held anyone suspended in the air for any duration, but just lifted them up and back down again... meaning only a brief "pulse" of force is required. Hmmm...

I hadn't really considered variable body stiffness before... that could well be a factor. If so, it suggests that the "liftee" has the power to make the levitation fail (so long as said power hasn't been overridden by suggestion), which means, since the teacher was successfully levitated... ^^;;

I'm not so sure about ~50 lbs being easy to lift for a typical 5th grader though... I have a portable power station that weighs just about that much, and as an adult, I can certainly lift it using two fingers (from each hand due to weight distribution), but getting anywhere near head level is sufficiently strenuous to feel unsafe. My arms are shaking well before then. On the flipside, it occurs to me that if one intended to psych someone into first believing something was too heavy for them to lift, and then believing they were being helped by magic to lift it... then perhaps a true weight that is hard-but-not-impossible to lift could be cast in either light?

Reactions: Drifter
Not sure if it counts as paranormal but I was house-sitting and the phone was about to die and I couldn't find the charger, starting to get impatient about it I see the cat sitting there and I think.to myself "I bet the cat knows where it is" didn't give it no thought and said to the cat "where's the charger, kitty" and suddenly I hear a voice "over here" and a mental image popped into my head pointing to a spot behind the mattress, so I check it out and behold, there it was,

Pretty sure I'm psychic or at least to some degree, not the first time I've gotten a response from animals\spirits

Scamander14 said:
I’m curios, what weird, unexplained things have happened to you? Did you see a door slam shut by itself? Did a shadow creepy out from under your bed? Have you ever seen something love by itself or have your name called out by the empty air?

I got a lot of paranormal experience and I’ve been wondering what others have experienced.
I am staying at the Cresent Hotel, so I will let you know. It is supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the US.

I've seen ghosts. Black and white mists. Other people talking through others bodies. I've gone on a few paranormal investigations. I also had a friend in high-school that live in a house that was haunted. Made for interesting drink nights.

dogboy said:
I've been recording the shows on my DVR and yes, they are very interesting. They look like the real thing, especially the ones that have been recorded on peoples' smart phones and the ones on security cameras. There's a lot about are world to which have have very little understanding. It's actually a bit scary because after death, we're supposed to go to heaven, but these spirits haven't moved on. It seems like hell to me, trapped souls repeating things they did when alive.
I hope I go to heaven!!! If not I hope I’m running around in my diaper with a mommy ghost chasing me to change me!😉

That would be cool to do a paranormal investigation at a haunted house in a diaper with other people! Anyone in Chicago up for an adventure?

So I'm sitting on the couch in my room with some buddies smoking kush (weed) when my door creaks open a centimeter and I say out loud "not now, I got company" and immediately the door creaked shut. Later that evening my guests have left and I'm laying on my floor and I recall the door incident and I say out loud "alright, my friends are gone. You can come in now". Immediately the door creaked open. Yea that's my (true) story.

Well, either it's because you were high or your ghost was high! Just kidding. I've seen a ghost so I know they exist.

Reactions: LonelyKitty
I've never seen anything strange but have experienced strange things, or heard of such. One of the weirdest: my grandfather lived right next to my parents' house and they started renting it out a few years after he died. Naturally you don't just tell people someone just died in their rental home, so no one ever knew.

One time they had a couple staying there, and the woman saw my dad working outside one day, and asked him if an old man had lived in the house. Dad didn't know what to say except yeah, and how she knew. She said she saw him. An old man with a nice smile. That was pretty wild.

Another time my sister and I were hanging out in my room late at night just talking, and we suddenly hear heavy footsteps coming up outside my door. Like they had boots on, walking real slow. We locked the door and called dad to come take a look and there was no one there.

My workplace is definitely haunted. I have had lights in the hallway turn off when working there late at night and when rushing out to see who was there, there was no one (and no, there is not a timer or some other controls that do this). I have also heard voices of people talking and footsteps and when I hollered "hello" and went and checked, there was no one there.

Reactions: dogboy and Sapphyre
I've been waiting for this thread to come back up as I have something really big to share. I don't blame any of you for not believing what I'm about to tell because I can hardly believe it myself, so here goes.

July 5th was our federal holiday for the 4th of July. All three of my kids were away and on vacation having fun leaving me home and alone once again on a big holiday. I was somewhat depressed so I decided to do something to stay busy. My bedroom furniture has two nightside tables, one on each side of the bed. One is mine and the other was my wife's. The tables have an open part on the top, a place where my CPAP machine rests as well as other junk. Below that is the other half and there are two doors which latch with magnets and those stay closed for both nightstands.

I decided to get into the lower part of mine and clean it out. There also were some old photographs that I wanted to see. When I was finished it just popped into my head to look into the table that was my wife's (she died October, 2017). Sitting in front of the doors were two buckets, one empty (used in home dialysis) and a bucket that held all the replacement bath and shower stuff like soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc. There also was a big heavy box in the way. So I moved the buckets and the box and opened the door. There were old phone books, some crossword puzzle books that my wife and enjoyed and a black plastic remote.

The remote said Samsung and I couldn't remember when we would have had a Samsung DVD player or old VCR so I picked it up. It looked just like the remote for my 1 year old Samsung bedroom TV. I keep my 3 remotes on the bed, Comcast, sound bar and Samsung TV and this remote was the double of that remote. I looked on the bed but there were only 2 remotes so I assumed the Samsung fell on the floor while I was sleeping and went under the bed. There was nothing on the floor so I took the Samsung remote, aimed at the TV and turned on the set. Everything worked: accessing HDMI and Netflix, etc. It was the TV remote that had somehow traveled from my bed and into the closed bedside table. I use that remote every night to access either Netflix or watch a movie on the DVD player.

I should add that I sleep with a CPAP mask on at night. It's difficult to put on because of the straps and almost as hard to get off, plus you have to turn the machine off or it will drive air out the mask. So there was no sleep walking. I told my psychologist and he didn't have an answer for that though he asked me why I thought it happened. I told him that I thought my wife was letting me know she was okay. She also used to enjoy playing little jokes and me just as I did to her. Who knows.

Reactions: Sapphyre
My mother passed away very unexpectedly at the end of March 2021. It was from cancer, which she didn't know she had. Dad had a stroke in summer 2018 and can't live on his own, so my sister and I were back living in our childhood home. I'm now there permanently.

I started hearing things in April. We used to have a screen door between the kitchen and garage, to facilitate a breeze in warmer months, but took it down after Dad's stroke to help him get around easier. One afternoon I am standing in the kitchen and hear the spring of the screen door opening. I freeze, freaked out. A few seconds later I open the kitchen door and there is no one there and of course no screen door.

A week or two later, I'm again in the kitchen, but closer to the threshold to the rest of the house. Suddenly I hear somebody snoring, and LOUDLY. I am confused, because it's so loud they nearly have to be in the same room. I don't go looking for my sister, so she must have been out at the time. I walk all the way down the hallway to check on Dad. I push open the door to the TV room a little and he's awake.

Just last week, I'm waking up in the morning and suddenly hear what sounds like someone knocking on my bedroom door. For whatever reason I freeze and just wait. Dad has never knocked on my door before or since, and has a very recognizable gait. There is no sound at all. I eventually get up maybe 10 or 15 minutes later. The TV room door is nearly always closed in the morning so he doesn't disturb me, and that day was no different.

There is more, which I'll post later.

Last edited:
I have had a friend of mine that had the demon beelzebub attached to them. It was weird as hell (no pun intended) the overall attitude of my friend had changed significantly. But that is because they were Fucking around with an Ouija board. There was about 6 people that we messing with it. Glad I turned down the offer, I just don't Fuck around with Ouija boards.

Reactions: Deleted member 48373 and Jbo
I've always heard that if one is using a Ouija board, the last thing you must do is hit the pointer on Goodbye or you leave the portal open. I think most people on this site know my many experiences so I won't repeat myself but there seems to be more and more paranormal activities caught on cameras.

If you stare into your eyes in a mirror for a long enough time you might find someone else stares back at you.
I did it once, and proved it to myself.
Very strange 🤭

Last edited:
Back