Paranormal Happenings

Scamander14

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I’m curios, what weird, unexplained things have happened to you? Did you see a door slam shut by itself? Did a shadow creepy out from under your bed? Have you ever seen something love by itself or have your name called out by the empty air?

I got a lot of paranormal experience and I’ve been wondering what others have experienced.

I remember one time in elementary I looked at a computer in a classroom and saw typing on its own in a blank document. I'm now mostly sure someone had a remote desktop into that computer bur you never know 😋

Getting bottles thrown at me

crinklewolf said:
I remember one time in elementary I looked at a computer in a classroom and saw typing on its own in a blank document. I'm now mostly sure someone had a remote desktop into that computer bur you never know 😋

Yeah, my boss In IT used to write on other peoples' computers all the time. Usually it was work related, installing something or fixing a bug.

As for me, I grew up in a haunted house, lots of noises and banging around. Eventually a friend and I used a Ouija board and a full figured ghost appeared. It floated forward passing through my left side and all of him as it turned right and disappeared. This was in my parents attic of a cape cod house. It had two rooms and we were in my bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed. We were both terrified during and after. I came home from college on weekends and I still had to sleep in the room. I was always uneasy.

dogboy said:
Yeah, my boss In IT used to write on other peoples' computers all the time. Usually it was work related, installing something or fixing a bug.

As for me, I grew up in a haunted house, lots of noises and banging around. Eventually a friend and I used a Ouija board and a full figured ghost appeared. It floated forward passing through my left side and all of him as it turned right and disappeared. This was in my parents attic of a cape cod house. It had two rooms and we were in my bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed. We were both terrified during and after. I came home from college on weekends and I still had to sleep in the room. I was always uneasy.
Wow!
I’d never mess with an ouija board. It’s a, ‘don’t like the bear,’ kind of thing.
I work in a haunted building. Let’s just say I never stay there in the evening. I’ve heard little kids run up and down the hall before, when there were no kids to be found.

I have seen "ghosts" in my bedroom when I was a kid.

But more of modern times There was several "weird" things I saw on the Hopi Reservation.

The big one was that in the early spring/late winter all of a sudden my then 2 yr daughter would not sleep without a light on. Because there was an "ugly man" that looked into her room every night.

I went out and looked under her window and the only thing I saw was strange looking dog tracks.

I talked to the property maintenance guy (how was Hopi) and he said "Oh ya that's Masha" We live on Masha's trail."

Ok to explain this: Masha was a "not nice person that was sent to the punishment area of the underworld during the third world of the Hopi's. When the creator (Taiwan) destroyed the third world and brought the "people" back form the land of the Ant people to start the fourth world. Masha escaped. The deal that Taiwan made with Masha is that as long as he walked the world at night and checked on the children and told Spider Woman about the bad children he could stay. Now the thing was he was in the "fires of hell" to use a Pahwana (The White People) term he is badly burned and disfigured in such a way that most of his feet are burned away and there is just the heal and some bones that stick out left.

The other part of this is several months later when I was taking something to my wife at the hospital she worked at (next to the housing complex we lived in) around 1:00 am and I smelled something like burning tires and the all of the dogs where caring on.

The next day I asked the property guy what was going on and he said "that's was because Masha was in the area. He smells so bad because of his burnt flesh and he loves to tease the dogs"

I really don't think there is a such thing as ghosts or paranormal in this context. It just isn't possible and there's always a reasonable explanation that often comes down to "why did person X believe they saw something", and usually, it's because they wanted to see it and subconsciously convinced themselves that they did

Topex said:
I really don't think there is a such thing as ghosts or paranormal in this context. It just isn't possible and there's always a reasonable explanation that often comes down to "why did person X believe they saw something", and usually, it's because they wanted to see it and subconsciously convinced themselves that they did
Oh yeah. I think most odd occurrences can be explained away. Something that has always left me wondering is what about when more than one person sees the same thing. As far as I’m aware, people can’t share hallucinations.

I swear that I saw a UFO once. This was in the fall, just before twilight. It was stationary, too small to be the moon but too big to be Venus, and very bright. I was driving away and turning to glance at it through the treetops when suddenly it wasn't there anymore. I returned to the grocery store and asked the cart herder if he'd noticed anything, but he had not. Back at home, I actually went as far as calling the local TV station, which was less than 3 miles away, but I was the only person inquiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 9978
I've seen spirits, a UFO, and have had odd things like stuff falling off the wall happen.

Scamander14 said:
Oh yeah. I think most odd occurrences can be explained away. Something that has always left me wondering is what about when more than one person sees the same thing. As far as I’m aware, people can’t share hallucinations.
There's actually a good deal of psychological research and theories on collective hallucination. Most of the time visual, though also auditory (most hallucinations have both visual and auditory components), it's proposed that they come from the power of suggestion to a cohesive group whose members share an emotionally-heightened state. This is why people can claim Ouija boards "work"; group sensory arousal, your collectively getting high on serotonin and accetylcholine, and then due to cultural expectations and influences and personal desires, your brain manages to convince you that something is there

Reactions: SuperMutant and TheMoreYouKnow
Topex said:
There's actually a good deal of psychological research and theories on collective hallucination. Most of the time visual, though also auditory (most hallucinations have both visual and auditory components), it's proposed that they come from the power of suggestion to a cohesive group whose members share an emotionally-heightened state. This is why people can claim Ouija boards "work"; group sensory arousal, your collectively getting high on serotonin and accetylcholine, and then due to cultural expectations and influences and personal desires, your brain manages to convince you that something is there

That’s really interesting!

I am one of the only few in my family that hasn't seen a ghost.

No one believes in ghosts until they see one. Then their world is turned upside down. With my experience, it wasn't like, oh, I think I see a ghost. This thing was as real as the furniture in the room. But here's something else that happened in that house.

It was summer. I was maybe 16 or 17 at the time. I was in the living room with my mom and dad, watching television. Suddenly there was this almost deafening sound of shattering glass, coming from the upstairs, my two rooms. Since it was a cape cod house, there were 6 windows. four dormer windows and a window at each end of the attic. The noise was incredibly loud, like a THX sound effect at the movies. You could even hear the glass hitting the wooden floor. My dad went running up the stairs and I followed. When we got upstairs, there was no broken glass. Nothing was out of place. I suppose we all imagined it even though our minds were on the TV show?

Weird lights, UFOs, odd sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
dogboy said:
No one believes in ghosts until they see one. Then their world is turned upside down.

Not quite "no one", thankfully… ^.^ Only those who need the security of feeling certain about things before they have enough information to draw the conclusions that they want to. I've met quite a few who've never personally had any kind of paranormal experience but (often pointedly) keep an open mind. That said, I do wish there were a greater number who saw the benefit of that practice. o.o

Sapphyre said:
I do wish there were a greater number who saw the benefit of that practice. o.o
What benefit do you mean?

Topex said:
What benefit do you mean?

In general, not being blinded / encumbered by false beliefs or premature conclusions.

A classic example involves Einstein's inability to accept the inherently non-local / non-deterministic nature of quantum physics, leading him ironically to predict entanglement not as a real phenomenon, but as something so preposterous that it demonstrates (via reductio ad absurdum) the universe must not be so fuzzy. If his ghost has hung around to see physics develop, he must be doing quite the face-palm by now. :p On a more serious note, he was probably one of the best-qualified minds to bring his theories of relativity together with quantum physics, a problem that remains unresolved. But, alas, he didn't believe in quantum physics…

Last edited:
crinklewolf said:

I've seen that, 10 years ago a collegue was trying to look into a script what was wrong with it because a server would not longer start.
When he was reading the lines, all of the sudden Java code started to type in between the lines, the editor alt-tabbed away and some other screens appeared.
Turned out the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse setup was mixed and sending / receiving signals from the wrong source / destination.

A few years back my cousin who was a low level manager in a supermarket chain got promoted. One of his new jobs was he had to make sure the supermarkets were up to standard. He was out the back about to walk up the stairs and there was this man standing there who looked like a farmer. He got a fright but though it was just a stray customer. He asked if he could help him and the man just walked up the stairs, around a corner and was gone. My cousin followed him up, and around the corner was a dead end. He wasn’t sure what to do so he found the store’s manager and explained what happened. His response was that it was just Mike who used to live here before it was a supermarket, he was a ghost and that he was harmless. My cousin was shocked but didn’t believe it so he googled it and sure enough there was a farm and house there in 1960 before the supermarket was built. He asked more of the employees and all of them had seen him except one or two.

Back