Paranormal Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to ask everyone if they believe in paranormal phenomena. I definitely believe in ghosts and most things paranormal, as they have happened to me and people around me. I know people will probably "shoot me down" when saying that I know that ghosts are real and that I and my family and friends have seen them, but I'm going to tell everyone anyway.

When I was five years old, It was the middle of July and I was alone sleeping in my room when the room suddenly became cold (not just nippy, but freezing). I could literally see my own breath. I hid under my covers because of the temperature, and when I got out of the covers, there was what my parents call, a "big ball of coldness". I told my parents, and of course they did not believe me, but I knew what I saw. A few months later in November, I was with my parents in their room in the evening and the same thing happened. IT became chillingly cold and a "big ball of coldness" appeared. This time my parents saw it and they became convinced.

Over the years, things like this happened frequently. Sometimes things like human shadowy figures appeared, when other times random noises at night and cringing scratches were heard on the windows (these scratches were incredibly loud and did not even show up on the windows). My parents have heard these noises and my friends have too. I cannot explain them in any other way other than saying that they are ghosts. After these things happened, when I was about 9 years old, my parents took me to a some paranormal studier. She said that it could be that our house had some kind of ghosts (easy to believe because we had a cemetery in the backyard). It was one reason my family and I moved out of our 150 year old house. When I was 10 we moved and everything was fine until I was 13. That was when I began hearing scratches on the windows again. I just thought that was nothing until I began seeing breath on the outside of the window appear. That was when everything started happening again. I began hearing things like that, and rooms getting cold for no entire reason. I just slept over at my friend's house and we both saw a black shadowy figure (it looked like a man with a hood on) standing in his hallway. He got his camera off the table and he took a picture of it, but of course it did not show up in the picture (even though we saw it after we took the picture). I have no idea why these things happen but they freak me out every time and happen like once a week.
P.S. Can anyone explain all these things?

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, it could be some random person scratching your windows and stalking you. That would really be scary.

In terms of ghosts, what can be said? There exists no scientific proof or theory of paranormal-ism, but also no evidence dis-proving it. So on a scientific level, I can't say anything. There have been several proposed studies to find the human soul, or some sort of energy signature, but no one wishes to fund said studies, although I think it would be fascinating.

For me, I would hook up a video camera, a hard drive with a large amount of memory, and point it towards the most prominent location of 'sightings', leave it on for the night, look at the footage, repeat until you get some data. After that use the scientific method to keep answering questions.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Supposedly my old house was haunted. I don't have any memory of it, though that may be because I was only three when we moved away from there. Things flew across the room spontaneously and violently, and electronics would rapidly flicker on and off.

Also, back when I was younger, I remember riding my tricycle down the street. A few houses down from mine, I saw a Lady clothed in nothing but white, and she was glowing. This was midday, and she was clearly glowing to me, pretty much radiating white light. I don't remember anything past that though. The next thing I remember is being at home sitting on porch. I don't remember what happened between those two memories.

Role
Private
My house is one of those creepy, creaky one's at night time. The sound of the wooden floors straining under weight is amplified throughout the moonlit rooms. Shadows give off an eerie aura and at times give the impression something is moving throughout the house. Then there's the wildlife outside that tend to just around in the trees and walk on the roof.

Other than that, I can't really think of any "true" paranormal experiences. Although I can recollect a very early memory of myself out on the side of a field with my family, and we had stopped because we (along with a few other passer-bys) saw this bright light coming from the middle of the crops. I remember people confused and wondering what it was. However, I cannot recall if it were a dream, or if it really did happen. It was when I was very young, perhaps my earliest memory, so things are quite hazy now.

Also, my uncle found this really weird road in the middle of nowhere. What was strange about it was that the road was on a angle. Not a big one, but definitely angled enough to notice. When you stuck your car in neutral and released all the brakes, instead of rolling downhill the car appeared to roll uphill! It really was a great illusion to behold.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I believe in paranormal encounters, but they never happened to me.
I believe dead's souls still around the place they most liked during their life, so if people enter that place they could feel the soul/ghost of the dead.

As for "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" I'm a bit sceptical, but they could be happened.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
This is only slightly on topic but I had a dream the other night about seeing a UFO flying over my old high school. It was really weird, especially considering that my high school isn't like 20 stories tall or surrounded by other, similarly tall buildings

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I hear footsteps when I'm trying to sleep. Doors open and close by themselves. My bird died suddenly and without cause one day.

Of course, I don't believe in the paranormal. Ghosts, aliens, bigfoot, shadow people. None of that exists. The footsteps I hear is my house creaking. It's old, and the main floor shifts position a lot (called a floating floor or something). The doors open and close because of air pressure. And my bird died suddenly one day because we heat our house with a woodstove and it died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

So there you have it. If say, I was not a skeptic at all but actualy believed in the paranormal, I would probably attribute these things to ghosts.

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
When I was about 12, I was lying in bed, staring across my room at my closet door trying to fall asleep when I clearly saw someone wearing a white dress walk past through my door and into my room. By the time I sat up to see what my sister or mother was doing coming into my room in the middle of the night, the person was gone, without having walked back past me. It's possible that I just fell asleep briefly and dreamed seeing the person, but after that, I was much more willing to keep an open mind about ghost stories.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The very second my great aunt died in England, all the fire alarms and CO sensors went off in our house. They would stop if we took out the battery, but as soon as we put it back it, it would start again. It did this for about an hour, and my aunt who was babysitting us at the time, called the fire department in. They couldn't explain it either, because their sensors indicated no smoke or CO, despite the wailing of the 5 alarms in our house. I remember this clearly, and all my brothers, my aunt and the fire department were witnesses.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Yeah, I believe in the paranormal.
I had a few paranormal encounters but that was when I was around the age of 5, I once had saw a ghost on my sisters bed. I also believe that some mythical creatures exist like the Lochness monster, ect. Even though that there isn't exact proof but with how many sightings there are, they might exist. I remember that the Giant squid use to be a Mythical creature, Until one day It washed up onto the shore.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Where I work is 133 years old. It was built as a train depot for my hometown in 1875 turned into a restaurant in 1981. Well; we have a ghost there, affectionately called Charley. Charley haunts the place but is rather harmless.

I am one of the few who have seen him. One night, I was working the dish room, and the head chef had left, the manager was upstairs going over her accounts, and it was a cold day outside, single-digits, or something like that. Well, I looked out the window across the way, and thought I saw a person. I thought what was weird was the guy wore an old train engineer's costume. I went to look, and by the time I got close, the image disappeared.

The head chef saw him in the basement one day in the boiler room. The owner has seen him some mornings and many servers have seen him around. He does not appear when we have customers, but he does like to sometimes play with the lighting systems. It is kinda cool working in a place that has it's own poltergeist.

WildThing121675

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I also believe that some mythical creatures exist like the Lochness monster, ect. Even though that there isn't exact proof but with how many sightings there are, they might exist.
The Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist. I thought everyone knew that by now except for a few hard-core cryptozoologists. Ah well. There isn't enough food in the Loche for something as big as a dinosaur to exist in it. Not to mention all the searches for it that have taken place using SONAR. Nothing has ever been found in the loche bigger than a school of fish. All we have are sightings of birds, logs, waves, that look like they suggest some large creature moving through the water. Remember, a lot of sightings are simply "I saw something large in the water".

I remember that the Giant squid use to be a Mythical creature, Until one day It washed up onto the shore.
Giant squid wasn't am mythical creature because many biologists have believed in its existence for years because of hard, physical proof. Parts of a giant squid have washed up on shore before and whales have been found with giant sucker scars. The fact that we were never able to find one untill recently is because they live so deep underwater. This is not true for creatures like Bigfoot or Nessie. There is no physical proof for those creatures other than questionable photographs and footprints. If Bigfoot trudged out of a forest carrying a limb from Nessie covered in dinosaur bites, well, that might be a different story.

I generally try to keep an open mind about cryptozoology, because we have definately not discovered every single animal on this planet yet, but I'm not a fool.

Last edited:

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I fully believe in spirits and the Other World.

He got his camera off the table and he took a picture of it, but of course it did not show up in the picture (even though we saw it after we took the picture).
Sprirts usually don't apper in still pictures but try to get it on film with a reguar video camera and you could get something.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think I do. My mom says her grandpa haunts our house. It used to be his house, mind you. When they moved in, every time they tried to change something (paint, new appliances, what have you), something will break. A piece of the telephone broke off and flew across the kitchen randomly. Now that we're moving and stuff, we've had our refrigerator and our washer crap out on us, and a part of the backyard hose broke off and started gushing water into our yard.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Although I've only been akin to "paranormal" activity once, I could not prove it. I was up in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, with a friend of mine, and we were tracing through the steps of the second day of battle when we heard a series of very muffled-sounding gunshots from a distance away. Having been an avid shooter of muzzle-loaders, I was able to recognize the noises fairly distinctly -- each of the three blasts sounded almost like two, with the "snap-off" of the ignition and then the main discharge. There were no re-enactments going on that day, and we were in an obscure portion of the fields, off in the woods behind what's called the "Slaughter Pens".

We asked a few other people if they heard the three shots when we got back out into the main portion of the battlefield, and none of them had.

That's the best that I can recall of my own encounters ... but then again, there could have been other explanations, too!

I like to think that paranormal activity happens, though -- I think it would be a fascinating thing to prove.

I do believe in the theory of paranormal activity, though.

Kiwi_Sin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi Henry!

Yes I do. I do and I belong to a Spiritualist Church and I have many encounters in my life. Ever since I was young I would always have visitors. Our whole family have a special gift, for who wish to believe it.

While I have been apart of the church I have been developing my skills to fine tune into things.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Hi Henry!

Yes I do. I do and I belong to a Spiritualist Church and I have many encounters in my life. Ever since I was young I would always have visitors. Our whole family have a special gift, for who wish to believe it.

While I have been apart of the church I have been developing my skills to fine tune into things.
Care to enlighten us about your experiences and what you mean by 'fine tuning' your gift?

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
My house is one of those creepy, creaky one's at night time. The sound of the wooden floors straining under weight is amplified throughout the moonlit rooms. Shadows give off an eerie aura and at times give the impression something is moving throughout the house. Then there's the wildlife outside that tend to just around in the trees and walk on the roof.
Yeah, me too. At night, as I walk through the house, especially downstairs, it creaks, there are odd groans everywhere, and the worst part: for no reason, at awkward intervals, the plumbing runs. It is so loud, it seems like it is coming through the walls!

Other than that, not really.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I've posted this twice but I'll post again. I've always been sensitive to the super natural. My parents and I moved into a house that was haunted, mostly with poltergeists. The house was a cape cod, and I lived in the attic. Late at night, there would be a rapping that started in the corner closet, would continue through the eves of the roof, and eventually knock on the closet next to my bed. One night I stayed up and waited until the knocking hit the closet by my bed. I quickly open the closet and nothing was there, but I could feel the thump of the knock against the handle.

One day me and my parents were sitting downstairs in the living room, and it sounded like every window in the upstairs shattered with deafening sound. My dad and I raced upstairs to find no broken glass and nothing out of place.

Went I went to college, I met a guy with a lot of esp ability, and by the beginning of 2nd semester, we became roommates. He had a Ouija board and wanted to try it in my house. So he came home for the weekend. This was our Freshman year, and long before I was into drugs and binge drinking. We were absolutely sober. At 12 midnight, we started playing with the board, our fingers on the planchette, and saying things like is a spirit here, etc. The planchette is moving around and of course I'm thinking he's moving it. Finally he says, "If a spirit is here, show yourself Goddammit!" At that very moment, a ghost materializes in the doorway that separated my bedroom from the sitting room. It was what they call a full figured ghost, all of it from foot to head. When I looked at it, you could see a skeletal structure within the plasma like form. It floated straight towards us, passing through the left half of me, and all of him. It then took a right turn and drifted into and through one of those closet doors. The half of me that it passed through was ice cold. My room mate said all of him was frigid. We were both terrified. There was a feeling of evil that invaded us. I felt it every time I was in that room. I couldn't escape the feeling.

Years later when I got married, I took my wife home to be with my mom and dad. We slept in that room with the door closed. I always felt the presence of that thing. I think there are more than just departed human spirits. There are also evil things coming from somewhere else. Either that, or this entity lived a very bad life when he was alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.