Pampers electronic diaper sensor

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
do we really need an electronic sensor on baby diapers to send an alert to parents or care givers phones to let them know that the baby or kids diaper needs changing ?
how lazy have people gotten that they can't do diaper checks them selves anymore ?😟

Reactions: JackandJill
Probably not. But such devices will surely mean more frequent changes, more diapers sold, and hence more money spent. In case the real point of the thing wasn't obvious, that's (probably) it.

Fortunately, at least in the near term, it seems we'll be able to opt out.

Last edited:
WTF ?!!! - This civilization is getting lazy and decadent very fast.

To be honest I think it's useless for babies but should be great fun for adults ^^
I already imagine my wife getting an alert on her phone as soon as I'm wetting... no way to hide what you've just done ;)

Reactions: caffelatte, Sheepies and cmon6969
this could work well at facilities tbh. you could monitor if your child is getting properly changed at a daycare if it allows for setup across WiFi and not just Bluetooth. it could be used for medical purposes also to save money. you know exactly when to change a elderly or bed ridden person.

This could also work well for littles with a caretaker who works or for the more bdsm kind of littles, punishment so you know just how long they've been soiled lol. Or just pure embarrassment, Could you imagine being out and about with your caretaker at the mall or something and their phone just goes off saying your diaper is wet/messy? How embarrassing!

Reactions: Lemminkainen
My Mommy/GF was just talking about this the other day and she said that it seems terribly lazy and impractical, I believe her exact words were along the lines of, "do you really need a siren or a text to know when a diaper needs changing? I mean, it's rather obvious when they need changing, isn't it" :LOL:

After some thought though, I think you could look at this in one of two ways; domestic use and job use.

For domestic use, I agree with the OP and my Mommy, having a sensor to inform you that a diaper needs changing reeks of laziness. A diaper check or a quick sniff test is really all you need and it's all parents have needed since what, time immemorial or at least since cloth diapering became a thing 😅 Also, I believe that mass producing diapers with sensors would likely drive up the price point as well, this makes the idea of an electrical sensor in diapers both frivolous and costly :cautious:

If you think of this for business/service sector use, especially in hospitals, daycares and nursing homes, then I think it is a solid idea. I've heard horror stories that at some hospitals, patients are changes infrequently because the nurses on staff usually stick to their standard rotations, leading to complaints being filed. I think under certain circumstances and in certain spaces, a sensor in a diaper could ensure that the individual is changed in a timely manner. Actually, this is really the only practical use I see for diapers with sensors, as it would save time and complaints and it would eliminate a lot of guess work as to who needs changing in a daycare or nursing home environment :)

Last edited:
I have a personal hang up. Sometimes, I just can't say it. It feels like I've done wrong, rather I say it, or I'm checked. Certain ways of checking just. . . Ow, psychologically speaking.

Now, if BIG was just omniscient, or was just checking his watch, so I didn't have to say anything, and he didn't have to check, but no one but us knew, that'd be cool.

Now, if I'm hospitalized, and in front of God and everybody, and diaper dependent, y'all can either go ahead and kill me, and burry me under the hospital for all I care, or, I'm gonna need a sensor. Only issue is, what if the patient isn't done going?

Last edited:
Usually, if my 2 year old daughter’s nappy is dirty, I can smell it from several rooms away.

As for urine, a good nappy can usually hold a bit before changing is required. If she’s in the same room, urine can usually be smelled, too.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with @Poofybutt

I can see two distinct areas of usage - personal/family and business/services. And like Poofybutt, the personal/family area seems like overkill for a sensor. But the sensor could come in handy in service oriented business.

You can thank things like Siri, Alexa, Google home, and other voice activated things, for causing people to be lazy. It drives me crazy when people talk to these things to do tasks, many of them being simple tasks.

The whole point of it is track wet and dirty diapers so parents know how many times they've used the diaper and when they're most likely to use it's not that they're not gonna check themselves. It also tracks sleep too.

CookieMonstah said:
The whole point of it is track wet and dirty diapers so parents know how many times they've used the diaper and when they're most likely to use it's not that they're not gonna check themselves. It also tracks sleep too.

I still think it'll get use as some weird BDSM thing for littles that wear who have caretakers or w/e lmao.

As far as fun and games for the DL crowd, I have a MALEM bedwetting alarm. You can clip it to the inner lining of the diaper or just put a piece of paper towel between it's two contacts and drop it in the diaper. It will alarm just fine when I wet.

DanielW said:
It scares me to think that there are parents out there who would pay so little attention to their child that they would need an alert on there phone (and pay more attention it it). What's next a sensor on the child so the parents know its hungry or thirsty? How about a mercury switch that lets the parent know that the child had tipped over and fallen asleep on the floor?

What the actual fuck!? It's a baby, a human, not a cow! Remember Harlow's monkeys? How much worse do you think it is for humans!?

DanielW said:
I hope its meant to be a joke, but it worries me that there are people out there who would like or use something like that. It really worries me, because I see it all the time, kids want to show their parents something they did and people are just so glued to their screens that they don't see it.
😭
Right? I hope that feeding system is a joke, too. I can understand parental desperation to take a shower, a shit, a breath, a break, or whatever, though.

"Mommy, watch me!"

"Uh-huh."📱

"Mommy, look!"

"Mm-hmm."📱

"Mommy! Mommy!"

😢

Look, if it's important to your kids, it should be important to you, because, as a parent, especially as a mother, the most important thing to you should be your kids!

I 🤔💭"If you don't put down that phone, you self absorbed CU Next Tuesday, I'm gonna break it!"

I'm not gendering that statement either. It was the most vile name I could think up.

Diaper sensors might be useful in institutions, or whenever a carers charge is sensitive to certain things, but shouldn't be used as a further excuse to be inattentive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12srepaid
In 50 years, they’ll discover that it causes cancer...

Reactions: CrazySmoker and 12srepaid
Laziness? It means the parent can more quickly know about it and get the baby dry more quickly. A good part of technology is to save time so we can spend it with things we'd rather do. We could go back to living in caves and spending most of our time on basic survival, but I think the benefits of spending less time on basic tasks are well worth it.

• Sad
Reactions: JackandJill and CrazySmoker
Back