Pampers Change 'N Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gamebaby

i dont like the idea too well. if all diapers turn out like this we wont have anymore diaper lovers or adult babys. but thats life. (sigh)

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, it did look a little suspicious but some things to keep in mind.

1. They are selling these on the web for "beta" testing basically. They may not even become a full product. (Which also explains the one size only)

2. Those of you that mention about changing the whole diaper, must not have a whole lot of expierience changing a toddler's diaper that doesn't want to have it changed.

3. I seriously doubt the current pricing is what it would be at retail.

I did some additional research and found that the pamperschangengo.com domain name is registered to a direct marketing / fullfilment firm. I would guess it would be the same company that answers the phone should you call the 800 number.

On another note. I could see getting the insert refills and using them as adult diaper stuffers. I am always on the outlook for stuffers.

cpndl

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Am I the only one who thinks that this seems...fake?

I don't know, something about the writing, the descriptions, the drawings, the fact that Pampers' marketers don't seem to know the difference between "its" and "it's," almost makes me a little reluctant to believe that this is a Pampers product. The site doesn't quite seem to meet the standards that would normally be used to market one of the best-selling diaper brands in the U.S. But maybe when they're just trying to get people to test products, they don't put as much effort into the website.

Anyway, I can't see these going over well, and I kind of hope they don't. Just take a few minutes and actually change the diaper. I also doubt that they'd really hold up well and that only this insertable pad would get wet.
One word:

UNDERJAMS

That site is FULL of grammatical and gender specific errors and the claims (went to my first sleepover) are obviously fake. That site feels like it was made in 10 minutes yet its legit, so I wouldn't doubt this one.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Fake or not. I don't care. I don't know why some of you say it is pointless cos it isn't.

The point is to change the kid in a matter of seconds.
i.e Your decorting your room, Baby needs a change, bing bang bosh, Back to work.
It isn't excalty laziness.

I also want the kid to be happy and dry rather screaming it's head off wanting to be changed while I'm on the bus or what not.

123street

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ok... That just looks weird. I bet u a new 'slip in' is so hard to put in aswell, even though there is a piece of card there...:rolleyes:

Dragon

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
...Strange... Attention America. STOP BEING SO LAZY. I understand that parents are busy and all, but if you're watching your child who also happens to wear diapers, couldn't you find, like, two minutes to change him or her? It solves no problems or anything for that matter. Eh, if schmoes will buy into this gimmick, let them waste their money.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know about this one. In my opinion, if it were really a pampers product, the link would go something like

Code:
www.pampers.com/changengo
Instead of what it is. And though it would sound like a good idea, I think it would be harder to slip that "card" in than it looks...the diaper's at an odd angle, not perfectly straight, and it's only got a little bit of thin material between the butt and the air that it could just -rip- through if you were rushing it.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There's a difference between choosing something that's more convenient and being lazy. Lazy would be waiting 3 to 4 hours to change it until the diaper is about to burst.

hanzertas

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
These look kind of fake...and pointless..unless they are flushable...i think people would like that.

renround

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i was a bit skeptical but after looking online it seems alot of people have heard about these

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Yeah, provided this is a real product, I'm not so sure about it. It seems like it would be terribly leaky. The only place where there is any absorbant stuff is in the back. Personally, when I'm diapered, it takes a while for it to get wet back there. Even if it applied to me, I wouldn't buy it.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I still think this is fake. Do a whois on pamperschangengo.com

Registrant:
The Field Companies, Inc.
385 Pleasant Street
Watertown, MA 02472
US

Domain Name: PAMPERSCHANGENGO.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
The Field Companies, Inc. [email protected]
385 Pleasant Street
Watertown, MA 02472
US
617-926-5550 fax: 999-999-9999

Record expires on 03-Apr-2009.
Record created on 03-Apr-2008.
Database last updated on 11-Jul-2008 00:31:18 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SI-VS591.COM
NS2.SI-VS591.COM
And then a whois on pampers.com

Registrant:
Procter and Gamble
Domain Admin
2 Procter and Gamble Plaza
Cincinnati, OH 45202
US
[email protected]
001-513-9459168 Fax: 001-513-9459497

Domain Name: PAMPERS.COM
Registrar of Record: Corporate Domains, Inc.

Administrative Contact:
Procter and Gamble
Domain Admin
2 Procter and Gamble Plaza
Cincinnati, OH 45202
US
[email protected]
001-513-9459168 Fax: 001-513-9459497
Technical Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018
US
[email protected]
001-212-7989200 Fax: 000-000-0000000

Domain servers in listed order:

NS04.SAVVIS.NET
PDNS1.ISC.SAVVIS.NET
PDNS3.ISC.SAVVIS.NET

Created on..............: 30-Jul-95
Expires on..............: 29-Jul-08
Record last updated on..: 19-Jul-07
Seems like two different places to me. IDK, but I am very skeptical of this. :detective3 Reeks of "busted" to me...

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I still think this is fake. Do a whois on pamperschangengo.com

And then a whois on pampers.com

Seems like two different places to me. IDK, but I am very skeptical of this. :detective3 Reeks of "busted" to me...
Like I said previously in:

Well, it did look a little suspicious but some things to keep in mind.

1. They are selling these on the web for "beta" testing basically. They may not even become a full product. (Which also explains the one size only)

2. Those of you that mention about changing the whole diaper, must not have a whole lot of experience changing a toddler's diaper that doesn't want to have it changed.

3. I seriously doubt the current pricing is what it would be at retail.

I did some additional research and found that the pamperschangengo.com domain name is registered to a direct marketing / fulfillment firm. I would guess it would be the same company that answers the phone should you call the 800 number.
This is a MARKETING company working for Pampers to test the product and see if it is something that will go. IT IS NOT IN FULL PRODUCTION YET. This is a common thing to do in product research and development of consumer products.

cpndl

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
ok, so one of the videos shows that the urine seeps to the back of the diaper, this means that the pee pee, especially with boys, has a long way to travel, what is in the front and bottom? no way a child sleeping on their stomach is gonna get any benefit from this at all.

then imagine if the urine got there, i dont care what kind of polymer you use, gravity is gonna pull the pee downward, which just means a super soaked bottom of the pad, and sloshing crotch.

ok, so say it works and the pee is absorbed into the pad, your child is still peeing into something in the front of the diaper, this gets wet, and this gets onto your kids skin. now your kid may only poo once a day, this means that for the other 23 hours your baby has clinging pee pee crotch with urine that is a day old.

the pads should be in the front/ bottom not the back, perferably bottom because thats where gravity takes it all anyway!

worst case (most probable) scenario- the front is designed to slide pee into the back, your child is sitting or standing when peeing and it just pools there, what is absorbed is slowly absorbed up the pad and squished out again when your kid thumps the ground with its butt. put a plastic bag around your kid and put a roll of paper towels down the back, see how much pee gets on the absorbant part, and how much pools into his shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.