Pampers bigger in the past

Those plastic pampers nappies never came with the stretchy sides modern Pampers have (excluding size 7 now unfortunately). So trying to get them to fit would be a near impossibility unless you have a thin frame. Many wearers are fortunate enough to have a thin enough frame to wear them comfortably and more power to them!

Uzuki said:
Those plastic pampers nappies never came with the stretchy sides modern Pampers have (excluding size 7 now unfortunately). So trying to get them to fit would be a near impossibility unless you have a thin frame. Many wearers are fortunate enough to have a thin enough frame to wear them comfortably and more power to them!
I wore plastic backed baby diapers up to age 14 when I had a growth spurt, I literally grew out of them within a month's time frame, I was pretty sad when that happened. There is no doubt that if I was the size of my 14yr old self and had todays diapers with strechy sides I'd still be wearing them.

most of the major diaper brands such as Pampers, Luvs and Huggies were bigger overall
back in the 1970's and 80's the diaper companies started making them smaller from the 90's to present
to cut costs
I prefer the 70' and 80's diapers
but finding them isn't easy and if you do there expensive

quartz200420012 said:
The "thick" version was Huggies attempt at making a pulp only version of their diaper. The non-thick supertrim version was when SAP started to be introduced. Why they didn't have leakguards is beyond me. Luvs didn't have those until the like 93' and they were at the time, the luxury brand of P&G.
Interesting! Did they leak more in spite of the thickness? Surely pulp-only would be like a sponge?

PCS said:
Interesting! Did they leak more in spite of the thickness? Surely pulp-only would be like a sponge?
I think leaks were more common out the top of the back and front with those pulp diapers, sap was introduced to lock away moisture to prevent it. I have some left over A+ diapers from xp medical, they do not have any leak guards but they function really well with no side leaks, the real issue with those are blow outs near the legs.

pampers4U said:
I wore plastic backed baby diapers up to age 14 when I had a growth spurt, I literally grew out of them within a month's time frame, I was pretty sad when that happened. There is no doubt that if I was the size of my 14yr old self and had todays diapers with strechy sides I'd still be wearing them.
Yeah, when I first began buying nappies at 14 in secret with my allowance, I knew nothing about sizes. I swear I must have been super dumb. The first nappies I ever bought were for newborns lol. It was still an incredible experience that I remember fondly, however.

quartz200420012 said:
The "thick" version was Huggies attempt at making a pulp only version of their diaper. The non-thick supertrim version was when SAP started to be introduced. Why they didn't have leakguards is beyond me. Luvs didn't have those until the like 93' and they were at the time, the luxury brand of P&G.

probably patented

I definitely remember the Pampers in the late 90's being quite big. When I was in my teens I would secretly buy packs from a supermarket and wear them to bed, they didn't fully fit but I made them work with a pair of Y fronts over the top.

I missed out on secretly getting the thick plasticky diapers of the 80s....I was so afraid of getting caught so I held out. By the time I was older and out on my own all the diapers were clothlike and didnt appeal to me.

I don't know if the old ones were any bigger, but I really hate how they're trying to make diapers look like underwear nowadays. The fake stitching us just so ugly and unnecessary. I can sort of understand the rationale for doing that for older kids and adults, but what is the heck is the point of trying to disguise a baby diaper look less like a diaper? A 2-3 year old is not going to care and there is no point is disguising it since everyone expects them to be wearing a diaper anyway. It's just so stupid.

Yes, below are a couple of videos showing just how big Pampers where in the past.

Reactions: LittleScotty
PCS said:

no, even with those old Pampers I never had a leaky diaper or pee coming back.

I think they was actually bigger

Back