Painting your nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scifer555

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
How many of you here love to paint your nails? I usually use black, red, or white. Wet 'n' wild seems to be a good brand for the most part. Goes on easy, looks nice, and easy removal.

I would like to paint my nails but I am out and around often enough that I rarely do it. It's also because I like a bright red color!

Now toenails...that's a different situation. Starting in the fall of last year, I started to paint my toenails (red, of course) and had them for several weeks at a time. I didn't stop till spring.

I am toying with the idea to get my toenails professionally done soon. I am not very good doing either my toenails or fingernails.

BabyDenise said:
I would like to paint my nails but I am out and around often enough that I rarely do it. It's also because I like a bright red color!

Now toenails...that's a different situation. Starting in the fall of last year, I started to paint my toenails (red, of course) and had them for several weeks at a time. I didn't stop till spring.

I am toying with the idea to get my toenails professionally done soon. I am not very good doing either my toenails or fingernails.
My fiance tells me I do a better job of painting my nails than she does haha. I wouldn't mind a manicure or peticure to be honest, despite being male. I usually use dark colors because I get judged less for it, plus it suits my taste for darker moods.

Go for it. I have a nice pearl shine clear on my fingernails and toe nails. I've had my hands done-so many nail shops where I live, (lots of male customers), but haven't worked up to letting somone else do my toes. I tried some bright colors on them, this summer.

I absolutely, positively MUST recommend a pedicure for everyone. I am aware of several males who, like me, get one regularly. If your salon has a stress relief type pedicure available, go for it -I do. As it is difficult for me to bend over to cut my toenails, they do that also. Oh, I almost forgot - I get them painted also, and have had them done in a lot of different colors, but like red with no orange coloring, or French Tips. I like red a color close to, or is, the O.P.I. "I'm Not Really A Waitress". My toenails are painted about once a month when I visit for a fill on my gel fingernails and a pedicure.

Pedicures are amazing and the time spent relaxing in the pedi chair is wonderful and really helps with the street relief stress relief. It takes about 45 minutes from start to finish for me and the stress relief pedicure. It is well worth the time, so men, don't be afraid of getting a pedicure ànd start taking proper care of your feet. And you also ladies, if you do not get a regular pedicure.

EDIT: changed 'street relief' to 'stress relief'.

Last edited by a moderator:
blondiewoof said:
I absolutely, positively MUST recommend a pedicure for everyone. I am aware of several males who, like me, get one regularly. If your salon has a stress relief type pedicure available, go for it -I do. As it is difficult for me to bend over to cut my toenails, they do that also. Oh, I almost forgot - I get them painted also, and have had them done in a lot of different colors, but like red with no orange coloring, or French Tips. I like red a color close to, or is, the O.P.I. "I'm Not Really A Waitress". My toenails are painted about once a month when I visit for a fill on my gel fingernails and a pedicure.

Pedicures are amazing and the time spent relaxing in the pedi chair is wonderful and really helps with the street relief. It takes about 45 minutes from start to finish for me and the stress relief pedicure. It is well worth the time, so men, don't be afraid of getting a pedicure ànd start taking proper care of your feet. And you also ladies, if you do not get a regular pedicure.
I'll look into it sometime when I'm feeling confident enough.

I would love to have my nails painted especially my toenails and I would like to try getting a pedicure some time to see how relaxing and comforting it is.

Don't worry about other people when getting your pedicure. The nail techs have done it many times and could care less, as it means more money for them. And if you really want to have some fun, ask whoever is in the chair next to you what color your toenails should be. I do that occassionally, and also when the nail tech asks what color I want, I just tell them to choose. One time, there was a mother in the chair next to me, and her daughter was in the next chair. I asked the daughter what color I should paint my toenails, and she promptly replied, "blue, because that is what I originally wanted, but changed my mind!" Maybe she thought I was kidding, I do not know. But my toenails were painted blue in the shade she originally wanted, no other questions asked, and when all was done, she said "that is a pretty color on you!" The moral is, just do it, involve others in the choice and if they ask why, just answer, "Because I can," or "Because I want to." Remember, there is no difference between a males nails, and a females nails, without DNA or other sophisticated tests. Females take care of their nails, why shouldn't males? There is absolutely no reason for you to be embarrassed because you take care of, and even paint your nails. If it bothers you that much, then just have a coat of clear applied. Many men wear clear polish on their nails, so it is not something to be embarrassed about.

I've always wanted to go to salon and get my nails done... just so scared cause in such a rural area, and some people are very mean about things not so common... I do my toe nails up regularly though, and even put stickers under the clear coat cause super cute!

blondiewoof said:
Don't worry about other people when getting your pedicure. The nail techs have done it many times and could care less, as it means more money for them. And if you really want to have some fun, ask whoever is in the chair next to you what color your toenails should be. I do that occassionally, and also when the nail tech asks what color I want, I just tell them to choose. One time, there was a mother in the chair next to me, and her daughter was in the next chair. I asked the daughter what color I should paint my toenails, and she promptly replied, "blue, because that is what I originally wanted, but changed my mind!" Maybe she thought I was kidding, I do not know. But my toenails were painted blue in the shade she originally wanted, no other questions asked, and when all was done, she said "that is a pretty color on you!" The moral is, just do it, involve others in the choice and if they ask why, just answer, "Because I can," or "Because I want to." Remember, there is no difference between a males nails, and a females nails, without DNA or other sophisticated tests. Females take care of their nails, why shouldn't males? There is absolutely no reason for you to be embarrassed because you take care of, and even paint your nails. If it bothers you that much, then just have a coat of clear applied. Many men wear clear polish on their nails, so it is not something to be embarrassed about.
Thanks, I feel a little less weird now. I don't see or interpret myself as a sissy/crossdresser, but I still do like to have my nails painted. Bright orange blue or green. Or even mixed. I like to keep my whole visual appearance in bright colors, so it is a good contrast to my old self and my old dress code. It is both an emotional and a rational decision. I seriously give a damp one about what people think on the street or at work. I need no ones approval to display who I am.

blondiewoof said:
I know of no human that is male who loves getting anything done to their nails. I can't say I know anyone who gets a clear coat either. My concern is more with other people who are not employees saying something. I'm as fragile as can be when it comes to what someone says to me.

I have painted my toenails for a total number of times of......2......however, that will change very shortly because I just love the look of my painted toenails and in the midst of choosing the colour I like

I paint my nails from time to time when I don't have to go to any big event family related. My doctor knows about me wanting to transition so they don't question it if my nails are painted, plus I dress gender neutral when out and my hair is pretty long, When my nails are painted provided I don't run into anyone I know most people probably just think I'm a girl, but no one has ever confronted me about it, the places I go people are too busy doing their own stuff to notice.

Currently my nails are black so people don't think much despite me being male. I have worn red though, got a few surprised remarks and people telling me not to. I try too often to make people happy, so I switched to black, regardless that red is my favorite color. I love black so it wasn't too big of a deal for me but I feel like I really should stop changing for others.

I sometimes paint my toenails, not not my fingernails.
I usually like lighter colors, tho I do like darker blues and some kinds of green.

I usually keep putting off painting mine cause it takes so long, or the way I do mine.
I like using a toe separator, makes it easier for me.
I often do after a shower so nails are clean.
I use a base clear coat, then 2-3 coats of color, then a top clear coat.

So takes a small while between coats, for a coat to dry.
Tho when all done it will last a good while, and color looks solid. ^_^

StargazerBleu said:
I sometimes paint my toenails, not not my fingernails.
I usually like lighter colors, tho I do like darker blues and some kinds of green.

I usually keep putting off painting mine cause it takes so long, or the way I do mine.
I like using a toe separator, makes it easier for me.
I often do after a shower so nails are clean.
I use a base clear coat, then 2-3 coats of color, then a top clear coat.

So takes a small while between coats, for a coat to dry.
Tho when all done it will last a good while, and color looks solid. ^_^
I've been just doing one coat and putting a top clear coat on after it dries, I'll have to try the second coat thing. Thanks for the comment :)

Painting my nails is certainly something I love! Nothing happier then a touch of beautiful color to make me happy. Although I certainly have a bit of a goth girl in me and can appreciate the vibe of a beautiful black nail.. I admit this is where my childish heart usually wins out. Sparkly pinks and baby blues are probably my favorite. Even a bright but soft yellow.

Mostly the sparkly pinks though. I can't help it. ♥

MichaelWeston said:
I wish... I don't have good nails. And I would so ridiculed hard core.

I also do not have good nails, and haven't had for over 50 years. I have had tried everything I can think of, from gelatin to Sally Henson, and nothing helped (it may be different for others). My nails chip, peel, split and even bend down at a 90 degree angle without breaking, or no pain to me. I constantly was getting into a pocket for nail clippers (and I never find a brand that had a good nail file) to clip and file my nails - only to have the clippers out again with 10 minutes to at least try to file the nail I had just worked on, or to start work on another nail. Finally, after 40 plus years I went to artificial nails, and then to solar nails. I have not regreted it at all, and the nail tech, whom I have used for several years, applies a clear gel nail finish to complete the nail work. It does leave a shiny, very durable finish, and when (rarely) I have been asked about my nails, I simply tell the truth. I have been pleasantly surprised at the 100% positive acceptance I have had, with some even admitting they also had constant problems with their nails, and then decided to do something about it.
So why are males so reluctant to get something done? The answer is so simple it will astonish you!
Males, for the most part are neither encouraged nor trained while young to properly care for their nails as females are, with the ultimate result being they have bad, hard to care for nails.
The choice is yours - continue ignoring your nails and proper care, or start taking proper care of them. And in most cases, it starts when all else has failed - hasten thyself to a nail salon and learn how to care for nails correctly. You will not be disappointed. If you want them painted, the choice of color is yours.
Other than a clear UV ray protection top coat, you really do not need further color unless YOU want it. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why should the females enjoy some additional color while we males have to make do with dull, drab colors, and poor nails? Even a regular nail salon manicure may be all you need, but there is absolutely no realistic reason for anyone and everyone to not give their nails the care they need, and deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back