Package

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I accidentally typed my address in an order incorrectly so now my package of diapers is being sent to a neighbors house …. What do I do now ? I understand the address can’t be changed .

Last edited:

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Although the package has your neighbour’s address on it, does it have your name? If so, and if your shipping/delivery company has an app with reliable one-hour delivery schedule tracking available on their app, you could perhaps wait near your neighbour’s house and receive it. You would probably need ID, drivers license etc. just a thought.

if your retainer uses discreet plain wrapping (like the company I purchase from here in the UK), I guess there’s no harm in allowing the delivery to go ahead and just collect it from your neighbour. Do you know them?

I’m lucky in that we all know each other really well in my neighbourhood, we’re more like friends and we routinely receive packages for each other with the utmost respect for one another’s privacy.

Reward

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
When did you realize? How much times elapsed?
If you didn't accidentally put their name on it too maybe your name will over ride the #?
Maybe go to them and introduce yourself and tell them based on tracking when to expect your mis- addressed package of.. uh dog training pads?
Be proactive.

Reactions: DLmikey

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
well, the good news is, once they open it they probably won’t want them.

Reactions: Lolcat, Nowididit and DLmikey

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
If it is being sent through UPS or Fedex you can actually deliver to another address I think. The sender might actually be able to update it as well. But if it is through the post or something then the best idea is to simply go to the address and let them know you accidently typed the wrong address and the package will be delivered there. You can potentially wait for it to be delivered and usually people are not around if they are not expecting a package so you could possibly just take the package off the porch after it was delivered, it is yours.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
It will depend on who the courier is but here in the UK some courier companies (like DPD) will send you an email/text message when it's up for delivery with a link that allows you to change the schedule and you can with some of them have an item redirected to another address. it goes through the email/number you had linked with the store so they know if you change the address the change is coming from the correct person.

Other than that if it is a recent purchase call or mail the shop and tell them you got it wrong, if it hasn't shipped yet they may be able to change it, if it has shipped they may be able to contact their courier service to correct the address in transit.

Failing that talk to your neighbour if you are on fairly good terms and just let them know you hit a wrong key on the address and they might be getting a package for you and to either pass it on (if you know it's discrete) or if they'd mind you waiting for it when it's due.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
The issue is this … there are about one hundred units in my general area and they don’t have the actual house #. So they may just drop it off outside lol. There is no lobby so nobody to collect

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I have no idea where it’s going to

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
On the package it says the name - marvelous George . Can I make a note to the carrier and let them know that that name represents the address ? Obviously, my neighbors name is not George

Reward

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Fictitious name check
Blank residential house/apt # check

100 possible units there but no one with that name, provided it shipped like that it'll be interesting to see how a delivery person will handle drop off.
Def contact the carrier as you call them, good luck.

I'm assuming now your home isn't somewhere you can just casually receive packages. Going forward maybe look into the remote package drop off options people are always talking about.
I hope you don't lose this package

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Thanks. I would have , but I don’t think all companies ship to pick up locations like UPS or FEDEx … am I missing something? Can I just type in the pick up location as the shipping address?

Reward

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I've never done that so I don't know, it seems reasonable but I'm sure someone here will know how it works.
I thought amzn, UPS and FedEx have stores or hubs to p/u or ship from.

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
todderhr said:
well, the good news is, once they open it they probably won’t want them.
What if it's me? I'd run off into the sunset with them held high over my head:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: todderhr

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can’t you speak you your neighbour and say you’ve made a mistake, you’re sorry and when it come could they let you know?

That way they’re expecting it and are less likely to open it to check what it is?

blaincorrous

All Puns Intended
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
BiCouple1980 said:
Can’t you speak you your neighbour and say you’ve made a mistake, you’re sorry and when it come could they let you know?

That way they’re expecting it and are less likely to open it to check what it is?
This is a good plan. Because if they open it after knowing it’s coming and it’s yours, they become the nosy asshole in any retelling of the story.

Reactions: NappyCouple1980

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
Yeah , that’s exactly what I don’t want … did you know the neighbor wears diapers … oh gosh . I almost want to try to take it off of their front door if I see a decent size box but if they have a camera they might think I’m stealing. It was a package of Abu SDK. I can only imagine what they will be thinking lol

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Antientmariner said:
What if it's me? I'd run off into the sunset with them held high over my head:ROFLMAO:
Right! Like winning the lottery!