• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Pacifiers "R" Us (Suspected Malware?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
No such messages here, what browser/AV software are you using? I'm using Firefox 3.0 and Avast! Home Edition.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Hmmm, not familiar with Safari (PC User all the way). Does it generate many false positives?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I got to ask, why would a site that caters to adult baby's have a virus on its site? I can't think of any so I think its safe.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i thought it was unusual. i have been on that site before with no problems

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I get the same thing. Avast! popped up and said it blocked somethingorother.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Websites that don't have updated software can be hacked into and viruses/malaware can be embedded on that website. If anti-virus gives you a warning you're better off avoiding that particular site until it has its issues resolved. You could also try contacting the webmaster/creator of the website if their e-mail is listen.

B

BabyWolf

You're also better off avoiding Safari. It's a security disaster, as are most other Apple products.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You're also better off avoiding Safari. It's a security disaster, as are most other Apple products.
Why don't you just paint a huge bullseye on yourself and get it over with (you're just asking to be proven wrong)? :D

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
What I really want to know is...why would you post a link?

And get real... Safari is a security disaster, along with every other Mac Product.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
And here comes the geeky flame-war the thread wasn't intended for...

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
What I really want to know is...why would you post a link?

And get real... Safari is a security disaster, along with every other Mac Product.
Notice I didn't put it at the beginning of the post? I thought I'd let people decide for themselves.

As far as the Safari bashing and the "I hate Mac" comment.......I made the switch to Mac about 6 months ago. I am convinced this machine is FAR SUPERIOR than any product I've run before it.

ForeverSmall

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Here it comes...

Vista= Suck
7=suck
os x panther is better than anything windows has and it is 3 operating systems old, get real.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Notice I didn't put it at the beginning of the post? I thought I'd let people decide for themselves.

As far as the Safari bashing and the "I hate Mac" comment.......I made the switch to Mac about 6 months ago. I am convinced this machine is FAR SUPERIOR than any product I've run before it.
Go ahead and download Firefox free online, works wonderfully and haven't had any issues with it. And I'm using a Mac as well.

For the website im not getting any warnings on it.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The Reason firefox is the "most vulnerable"

Gee, if you knew what the $&^% you were talking about, you'd have done some more research and found out that the reason Firefox is on that list is because many corporate users install it on their work machines where it is not subject to the corporate patching regime. Therefore vital security updates are not done as often as necessary, therefore leading to security holes. As with most malware out there, it really exploits the ignorance of the users, not the coders or the systems. IMHO 99% of infected systems are due to users or admins not doing the updates (security, AV, etc).

::flame war, engage::

Last edited:
E

Error404

I looked through the source code.

Nothing in that that would attack you.

No .php's, no .pl's, no .cgi's.

Two JS's (One Google Analytics, another handling simple functions)

So unless it's attempting to invisibly attack you with XSS or injecting through other methods like embedding, then there's really nothing there.

Of course, I could be missing something, I'm too lazy to go in depth, I save that for my commissioned projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.