Pacifier Tips

• Thread starter BordercollieTrigger
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BordercollieTrigger

:paci: Hey there got new pacifier at store for now before can afford adult pacifier. I would please like tips and suggestions for cleaning and such. Here is image of it 10417719_4924093436998_2207923426952074396_n.jpg.
:neener_neener:

kimnuala

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I guess it depends on what kind of paci you have, but I tend to just wash mine in the dishwasher. Doesn't seem to hurt them and they come out nice and clean.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I've always boiled mine in some water on the stove, to clean them. I've always done it, since that was what was on the package for the first pacifier I ever got (Nuk 3), said to do.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I am going to second boiling. I've never thrown mine in the dishwasher. Just boil them for a few minutes when I first buy them and then every so often.

YankeeFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
I'm under the impression boiling them is only employed for users with weak immune systems (e.g., babies), and even then not always necessary, so I just wash mine with soap & water, or brush them with my toothbrush in the morning.

If you tend to drool a bit while using it, wearing chapstick is a good idea... I find I don't have too much of a problem with that lately, though.

The best tip of all is to enjoy it! They're great for letting go of 'big' thoughts and relaxing~

kimnuala

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Never thought of using chapstick before. That's a great idea! Thanks.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
3 votes boiling. Dishwasher soap can have bad additives and stuff,, but my paci always floats when it is boiled,, so i put it nipple down and dip it with a spoon and let it sit a little bit

B

BordercollieTrigger

I can't boil i live with parents and i use dish detergent for my bottles so should be fine with a pacy to.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I can't boil i live with parents and i use dish detergent for my bottles so should be fine with a pacy to.

Just so you know, dish soap alone doesn't work for bottles. For pacifiers reserved for adult use, absolutely. But bottles do need to be scrubbed and even completely sterilized once in a while.

B

BordercollieTrigger

I wash with dish cloth my bottles and do it good. I do it often enough.

JellybeanBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Carer
Essentially as adults nothing we use needs to be sterilized. You can if you want to, but it doesn't need it. My stuff goes in the dishwasher when it can or hot as I can get it soapy water (with a little mouth wash for anti-bacterialness) for a soak to be rinsed with clean cool water after. I don't recommend my usual method but anyway you use to clean your normal cups and things should be fine. Again as adult our pacifiers, sippys and bottles will be cleaner than a babies/childs anyway, and you only tend to sterilize things for children under the age of 2 or if you have a medical thing like weak immune system ect.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm from "no boil/dishshwashing" club. If nbecesary, so I clean my pacis with cold water, nothing more. If your pacis are always out of "agresives areas" (like floor of some public WC,) no sterilizing proces proceed. I do in this way about 20 years without any problem...

Sawako

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
If I drop mine and feel like it needs to be cleaned, I use my toothbrush. Unless it really got something on it and I was worried, I would probably just boil it for a little bit, nothing too extreme. If you had been recently sick and used it and felt like it might still have germs on it, that might be a good time to wash it. Other than that, they don't take too much upkeep. Especially if you have a safe, clean place to store them.

Also, that dinosaur one is absolutely adorable, I'm jealous. :eek:

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Aside from cleaning, here's another tip. Use a five dollar cpap chin strap. That way you'll wake up with your paci in!

B

BordercollieTrigger

Well can't use it much its to small due to teeth sticking out. But once get adult one can use it longer and more often this is mainly as a accessory I use it but not long.

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I always boil it or I wash it with soap and water before every use.

Status
Not open for further replies.