Pacifier Pricing

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi, folks - I am most familiar with Rearz' (and their Pacifier Addict sub-brand) pricing on pacifiers, so I'm curious as to anyone else's experience with what I would call pacifier pricing asymmetry.

Background: I own dozens of Rearz' size 6 pacifiers, because they're cheap as dirt, at about $6 CAD each, and having a lot of them means that I can rotate them out regularly and strip and clean them, so they stay fresh and in good shape. I use a pacifier every night and have for about the past 4 years; I initially started with toddler pacifiers, but I found that they put pressure on my front teeth, however the size 6 adult paci is perfect - it stays in, and does not cause my teeth to ache. From time to time, though, I've been tempted to try other sizes, just to see what they're like, but, the pricing on them, for the most part, is gonzo. To wit, I bought a size 10 on a lark because they were on sale a while back, and it was $30 at the time... pretty steep for a silicone nipple mounted in a plastic shield. I found the size 10 too big, almost comically large - it felt like I was sleeping with a silicone banana in my mouth, almost causing a "drowning sensation". Dreams of being waterboarded were not what I was looking for.

The other day, I spied a size 7 pacifier on their site, and I thought, why not... but it was $80!?! Again, for a silicone nipple in a plastic shield, this one slightly larger than the size 6. I'm curious, but almost afraid to ask, why size 6 is so reasonably priced, while any other sizes seem to have been priced by Prada, at least at Rearz.

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I'm not certain but it's probably too do with manufacturing and how it's getting to the distribution center.

AliB

Sweet little looking for friends 👑🎉
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Idk about sizes but I usually just modify a toddler paci from the grocery store. I bought replacement nips on rearz.com and just switched them out. The only abdl paci’s I have are the heart one from LFB and the Princess Pink set from rearz. Using a paci has helped me a lot at night!

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy little toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Rather happy with the MegaMams I buy from dion413 on eBay: twelve colors, a variety of nipples to choose from and in the end they average about $12 per pacifier. And they're light, airy and extra-comfy, too! 🥳