Pacifier help

Kephalos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
do you bring water to a boil first then put pacifier in the water for 5 minutes for first use

I've never boiled an adult pacifier. In the first place, we don't have the same risks as a baby with immature immune systems. I'm also a little dubious as to whether adult pacifiers are made to the same standard to readily take boiling without harm. In any event, I find a little soap and hot water to be sufficient if it needs cleaning.

Wash my pacifier daily with soap and warm water, never boiled them.

Here is what it says in the User Manual for LittleForBig BigShield Generation 2 (Gen 2)
Before first use, place in boiling water for 5 minutes
does that mean to get water to a boil first then put in water for 5 minutes
I don't want to mess up my first pacifier

If the instructions say it can handle it, go for it. It seems unnecessary to me but get the water to boil and go to town.

Kephalos said:
Here is what it says in the User Manual for LittleForBig BigShield Generation 2 (Gen 2)
Before first use, place in boiling water for 5 minutes
does that mean to get water to a boil first then put in water for 5 minutes
I don't want to mess up my first pacifier

To me this would mean to bring the water to a boil, drop in the pacifier(s) and wait five minutes before taking the pacifier(s) out of the water and letting them dry.

I would get a big to put boilung wather in to a bole then put you new pacifier into boiling water fast time you get it.

Dont pour boiling water over it all though it should be ok you could hurt you self.

It just safer to put it into the hot water. After about five minutes or when your big tell you it is ready.

Thanks you're a Pacifier under the cold tap to cool it down. Then it will be ready to suck on.

If you can clean it after you have used it under running water.

I leave mint in water when I have to adult up. Or it not appropet for me to have it.

Hope that helps you

Enjoy sucking

Siysiy

Reactions: Kephalos
Why sterilization process ? My food/dirnk aren't, so Why my paci ?

It can be sort of ritualistic--you do it for a baby's paci so you do it for your little side. I usually wash mine well but if I feel that it needs something extra, I'll boil the paci if it can survive the process. I know it doesn't require that level of cleanliness but it just seems right at times.

When washing paci what kind of soap should you use?

There's no need to, for baby bottles or pacis, unless there's a boil water advisory, or you're on well water, and there's something wrong with it. Other than those few cases, no need. If one needs a sterile paci, he or she has a water problem, or needs a hospital.

Last edited:
A lot of the adult pacis specifically say do not boil!!! warm soapy water will suffice, make sure you check your supplier instructions as boiling may deform them

Reactions: PaddedDeist
Back