Pacifier and masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbinkie

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
With masks being the normal now due to the pandemic has anyone sucked on their pacifier while wearing a mask while out in a public setting?

Have you been dealing with anxiety due to the pandemic and found using your pacifier while wearing a mask has helped your anxiety?

I am curious as am learning more about pacifiers, proper use, cleaning, and their benefits ... not just enjoyment or part of play/regression ... as am waiting for my new pacifier to arrive.

Yes bbbinkie I have recently wore a white disposable NK95 mask and walked around my home block, all while sucking on my dummy, er pacifier.
The best part: (when checking in the mirror before leaving the house), there was no way anyone could see what I was sucking, as the natural profile of the mask sticks out in front of the mouth.
The worst part: would be to run across someone who wanted to talk with me, as my speech would have been a little muffled.
As I live in a very communicative and friendly community here, I have not been game to do it again.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Traveller, Chosen, KrankyPants and 1 other person
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
Yes bbbinkie I have recently wore a white disposable NK95 mask and walked around my home block, all while sucking on my dummy, er pacifier.
The best part: (when checking in the mirror before leaving the house), there was no way anyone could see what I was sucking, as the natural profile of the mask sticks out in front of the mouth.
The worst part: would be to run across someone who wanted to talk with me, as my speech would have been a little muffled.
As I live in a very communicative and friendly community here, I have not been game to do it again.
I totally forgot about the ability to speak lol

Good on you for doing what you did! Don't know if I'm there yet. Especially since I'm usually out with my husband and we end up talking.

Reactions: Traveller, KrankyPants and Happy2BeInNappies2
I've been tempted, but when I'm out in public I always need to speak a few words, even if only to say "thank you" to a grocery checker. The closest I've come to using a pacifier in public is when driving on a highway at night.

Reactions: Traveller, Chosen, KrankyPants and 1 other person
Hey thanks WillFord384 I will remember your great idea the next time I am driving at night. Thank you.

Reactions: Traveller, Chosen and Diaperman0723
WillFord384 said:
I've been tempted, but when I'm out in public I always need to speak a few words, even if only to say "thank you" to a grocery checker. The closest I've come to using a pacifier in public is when driving on a highway at night.
Driving with a paci is like the best thing, after diapers of course! I'd love to leave a paci in my car for ease of access, maybe hanging from my rearview, but I'm a stickler for cleaning them out after each use.

• Thinking
Reactions: Chosen and bbbinkie
You know, I always wondered if they ever made masks for that purpose. Like there’s the mask part, and then there’s a little bit that juts out like a paci that you can suck on.

• Thinking
sweetroll59 said:
You know, I always wondered if they ever made masks for that purpose. Like there’s the mask part, and then there’s a little bit that juts out like a paci that you can suck on.
That would be interesting though you would probably see the mouth movement with them made that way.

Not going to lie, I've thought of it but I am very chatty and could never do it

sweetroll59 said:
Mmm maybe not masks, but there are pacifier gags out there where a strap with a paci in it can be locked in place. Or more regular gags that are modeled very closely off pacifiers. Personally I'm content with my mask separate from pacifiers, no need to advertise you're busy sucking on something underneath that mask :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sweetroll59, Chosen and bbbinkie
zbrannigan said:
Mmm maybe not masks, but there are pacifier gags out there where a strap with a paci in it can be locked in place. Or more regular gags that are modeled very closely off pacifiers. Personally I'm content with my mask separate from pacifiers, no need to advertise you're busy sucking on something underneath that mask :ROFLMAO:
I came across gag pacifiers when I was searching for adult sized pacifiers. Didn't know they had existed until now :) I would definitely prefer to not have a pacifier attached ... for the very reason you mentioned

• Thinking
Reactions: Chosen
FudgedInLuvs said:
Not going to lie, I've thought of it but I am very chatty and could never do it
Yes. Sadly, when I’m out and about, I tend to be interacting with other people too often to get away with having a paci under my mask.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and Chosen
I was tempted to wear lipstick under my mask.

if you are a cross dresser who likes going out in public, the mask hides a good part of your face so passing is easier.

Reactions: XLolixLolitax, Traveller, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Lipstick on my pacifier? Somehow that does not seem right. Too weird for me. LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: KrankyPants
Now, I am thinking everyone I see wearing a mask while driving is using their binky underneath. 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Traveller, bbbinkie and db80
bbbinkie said:
With masks being the normal now due to the pandemic has anyone sucked on their pacifier while wearing a mask while out in a public setting?

Have you been dealing with anxiety due to the pandemic and found using your pacifier while wearing a mask has helped your anxiety?

I am curious as am learning more about pacifiers, proper use, cleaning, and their benefits ... not just enjoyment or part of play/regression ... as am waiting for my new pacifier to arrive.
Sorry wearing a mask will never become normal behaviour!!

Reactions: WillFord384
I've done it off-and-on since masks started being required, especially while driving. It's been very enjoyable for me.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and bbbinkie
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back