Overweight & Fitting

ComfyNappies92

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi, I have tried so many different ways of putting my nappies on, but no matter what I do I don’t think I am putting them on correctly. I believe nappies are supposed to tape round your actual stomach waist line and not like regular underwear which fit at your “belt line”?

I am overweight but I still don’t class myself as extremely overweight although this will sound impossible for you to believe as I wear the largest sizes.

I have tried so many different ways of taping. The problems I have are well first of all I either tape too tight that it’s impossible to open and close my legs.

If I try to pull my nappy up high over my stomach it just feels as if the legs are all bunched up and there is hardly any pouch or padding if that makes sense?

If I tape them like underwear at my belt line then the whole of the padded nappy area will sort of colllapse and get all squashed in my crotch, especially when sleeping on my side.

I have tried having the back higher than the front and the front higher than the back. But I always end up with the same problem, where my nappy bunches or just doesn’t feel right at my legs, again as if my nappy is getting squashed and bunched.

Can I please ask for your opinions on what I am doing wrong please. Does it matter how high or low or how loose or tight and also where you place the tapes?

I guess the absolute problem is I need to lose weight but I promise there are bigger people than me I have seen pictures of wearing nappies. Do nappies just not fit well at all for anyone who has a over hanging stomach?

At the end of the day I still love my nappies so deeply and they still give me such immense comfort. I just think I’m not putting them on correctly.

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm quite overweight myself. I try to keep the front and back the same. I then taps the botton on one side. Get it to feel comfortable. Then tape the bottom on the other side. When I feel it's good I then tape the tops. With my big belly I can't evr keep it as hig as I like. Plus I really have no butt to help hold it up. I wear plastic pants mainly to help keep the diaper up in place more or less. I try to keep the tapes tight but not too tight. I've had diapers rip because they were too tight.

Wondercrinkee

"Paranormal Investigations in ABDL detection" lol
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
All I know is Bambinos are awful if you use disposables. Every company and type has its own cut or shape. Tykables are cut well. Rearz next, and the ABUs. But with cloth types, they do snaps or velcro. Harder to say. Harder to wear when fitting larger when I did.

But I've noticed so long as both sides are even, and the bottom tapes go around to make the leg fittings first, I then straighten the wings even on both sides and smooth it out and then tape the tops. But gosh, it's hard to say. Every body is different. Each brand fits differently, too. Sorry, I think you have it all right, actually. But I tried more in the back, less in the front once, too. The large ones are cut too long in the crotch for some reason with some brands, and the fit is peculiar. Yes. Maybe Waddlers???

Reactions: KindaOlde

Joediaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Diapers go around your belt line. Wearing them higher is anti toddler.;) Just look at some pics an you can see that their diapers sit low under the belly button in front and high up in the small of the back in back.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Did you try folding the front wings inward and then tape whatever that is on the outside. Maybe that’ll help the nappies from bunching up.

ComfyNappies92

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I cannot wear again until tomorrow night but I’m thinking I may be pulling my nappy too much into my front/crotch area. What I do is basically pull my nappy up so the leak guards run right through my crotch. I’ve been wondering whether this could be my problem? I want to get the nice classic “U” padded nappy where my crotch is, but I unfortunately get that horrible bunched “W” where my nappy then all bunches up and feels totally wrong, especially at the back of my legs too.

I’m still wondering whether I am putting the tapes on too tight or my nappies on too high or low, I need to get that really nice “U” shape where it feels nice between my legs (but of course it still feels lovely as it is still a Nappy, I can’t wait until I am back in one tomorrow)

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm overweight but not debilitating overweight, I'd say about 70lbs over my recommended weight. BMI is 35 and I should be a 30.
I am one of those lucky bastards that are cursed with a potbelly so my diaper always ends up riding down under my belly. It's truly a curse of the potbelly. Doesn't matter where or how I position the tapes my diaper falls down in the front. I have learned to live with it and actually rather enjoy it because it gives me the appearance of a toddler wearing a diaper.
I always said I have the build of a toddler, you know, potbelly and short stumpy legs. Add a cute printed ABDL diaper and boom! Anesthetics are a must when it comes to this DL.
Now what helps in keeping the sag up is a nice fitting onsie.

Last edited:

LadyOfTintagel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Nowididit said:
I'm overweight but not debilitating overweight, I'd say about 70lbs over my recommended weight. BMI is 35 and I should be a 30.
I am one of those lucky bastards that are cursed with a potbelly so my diaper always ends up riding down under my belly. It's truly a curse of the potbelly. Doesn't matter where or how I position the tapes my diaper falls down in the front. I have learned to live with it and actually rather enjoy it because it gives me the appearance of a toddler wearing a diaper.
I always said I have the build of a toddler, you know, potbelly and short stumpy legs. Add a cute printed ABDL diaper and boom! Anesthetics are a must when it comes to this DL.
Now what helps in keeping the sag up is a nice fitting onsie.
I have a bit of a potbelly as well. I've been losing some weight recently, but it persists, lol. That's part of why I usually get XL diapers, so I can pull them up over my stomach and secure them tightly. That also might be because I usually get Magamaxes, and they're GINORMOUS, so wearing them in the toddler build just causes the crotch padding to sag for me.

Joediaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
LadyOfTintagel said:
wearing them in the toddler build just causes the crotch padding to sag for me
But, but, but... that's the best part! Then you can do the swingy diaper dance.😁

On a more serious note. Allowing it to sag a bit. Not like the dangly toddler diaper. Just a bit so there's room to breathe allows fluids to flow and gives the diaper a bit more time to soak it in. If you can give yourself a bit more room without leaking right away you will find yourself using more of the diaper.