• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Overplayed Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What songs do you think are overplayed right now? I've been hearing too much of Live your Life by T.I.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I haven't listen to the radio that much, but I Kiss A Girl was overplay for a good while.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I haven't really listened to pop music in a while..... The last song that ruined a band for me was Down With The Sickness (Disturbed) I no longer like them for that.... As you can see, I'm not really up with times.... (I have never heard of T. I.... I heard about T. Pain yesterday from my sister and was like: "who?") No I didn't really like disturbed......

Overplayed..... Hmm.... Soldier Boy? (spelling?)

Mawile

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
my sister overplays EVERY song she has.
im tired of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and gajillions of rap songs that dont use real words >.<
oh, and i dont listen to the radio XD i always have iTunes on my computer and a Dir en Grey (or mix) CD in my car

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't listen to the radio anymore either, save for a talk show I like that comes on at a convenient time and sometimes a Christian rock station when I feel like it. From what I remember some overplayed songs from the past:

Mambo Number Nine
Holler Back Girl
Handlebars
Anything Green Day
Anything Beach Boys
Crazy (Gnarles Barkley. You know, the song that goes on for 1000 minutes too long.) LOL BACKWARDS
Sk8er Boi
Because I Got High
Let's Get It Started
CLOCKS
THE SCIENTIST
Bad Day (Daniel Powter)
Fantasy (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Air I guess)
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, We have the technology, We can rebuild him
Remember the Name

This is taking too long, and nobody's even reading this. I'm not!

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I haven't really listened to pop music in a while..... The last song that ruined a band for me was Down With The Sickness (Disturbed) I no longer like them for that.... As you can see, I'm not really up with times.... (I have never heard of T. I.... I heard about T. Pain yesterday from my sister and was like: "who?") No I didn't really like disturbed......

Overplayed..... Hmm.... Soldier Boy? (spelling?)
Soulja Boy lol and I always like Down With The Sickness for some reason...anyway Never Gonna Give You Up is another song that should die.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think some of you have missed the point..I didn't mean for you to list all the overplayed songs ever...I meant which ones do you find are overplayed these days?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I listed them because I don't know of any played today.

Role
Diaper Lover
Three right now: Metallica - "Fight fire with fire", Helloween - "Halloween" and Queen's "Breakthru".

tbjay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Hot N Cold or anything by Katy Perry

Uh, It's Never Too late was pretty repetitive.....

Anything they pass of as rap/hiphop today

I heard some Tupac the other day and I crapped my pants in hope. Sadly I had no diaper on.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
M.I.A. - Airplanes
I remember hearing it a year before Pineapple Express came out. I was ashamed to like it but once that movie came out, everyone loved it and I wasn't ashamed any more XD

Dragonforce is overplayed. I admit I like Through the Fire and Flames but it's way played out by now.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd say for sure Katy Perry is over-played these days. Seems like the played "I kissed a girl" to death and once they stopped playing that like every 10 minutes they started overplaying Hot & Cold.

Oh, and like other's have mentioned Taylor Swift is overplayed as well. This isn't just on regular radio, I have satellite radio in the car and they are overplayed on that as well.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
M.I.A. - Airplanes
Paper Planes, n00b. (read in jest, for those who don't know how to find a joke, kthx)

And yeah that song is played too much. Same with Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift.

I don't object to it, though.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I tend to listen to Non-NPR public radio, which doesn't play things too much. But I also have iTunes, and have worn out several songs by MGMT, along with "Wolf Like Me" (TV on the Radio) and "Lightning Crashes" by Live.

That Katy Perry song is awful. I discovered it on some teenybopper station from Melbourne, webstream. I literally gagged. It's more bearable now, and KP is kinda pretty. :p But it's not my kind of music.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Lol. Ok, yeah she is. But I'm 33, what if she's, like, 15? (I honestly don't know. I'm not into pop)

Edit: Nm. Wiki says she's in her 20's (and even does Christian music?!?!!??!)

Status
Not open for further replies.