Over-indulgence = bedwetting

BBchat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a kid I never had bedwetting issues, and have only had incidents after over-indulging in diapering myself to sleep. Last night, I had an accident without protection and woke myself up mid-stream when my brain went "something's not right". Luckily my spouse didn't wake and I was able to lay a towel and fix the issue come morning. I normally keep a 1:2 ratio of diapered nights in order to keep my night continence, however over this prolonged covid xmas break with no family visits, I may have gone closer to 1:1.

What's your night-diaper regiment to avoid accidents?

Reactions: Kane2000
I wear nappies evry night without fail

Reactions: littledreamers333 and BobbiSueEllen
yes i wear every night to would fill strange not after all this time, would'nt like risk it
in case i wet the bed

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BBchat said:
As a kid I never had bedwetting issues, and have only had incidents after over-indulging in diapering myself to sleep. Last night, I had an accident without protection and woke myself up mid-stream when my brain went "something's not right". Luckily my spouse didn't wake and I was able to lay a towel and fix the issue come morning. I normally keep a 1:2 ratio of diapered nights in order to keep my night continence, however over this prolonged covid xmas break with no family visits, I may have gone closer to 1:1.

What's your night-diaper regiment to avoid accidents?
What do you mean about the ratio?

I wet during sleep anywhere from three to ten times per month. I have to wear protection every night.

Reactions: Aby and BobbiSueEllen
Kane2000 said:
What do you mean about the ratio?
For every 1 diapered night, I try to spend 2 nights not diapered.

Why is that?

Is it really possible to became a bedwetter just for wearing diapers to sleep and using them when needed??

messydiaper said:
I wet during sleep anywhere from three to ten times per month. I have to wear protection every night.
I have some significant wetting about 2 - 4 times per year so I wear adult training underwear and PUL pp every night. The other 361 days of the year are for my mental security and not knowing which nights I may have a small accident. Last April I woke up with a stream shooting across my waist inside my trainers. Of course I was wearing my protection and I was 100% satisfied and just went back to sleep happy that I had protection to keep from wetting the sheets.

Reactions: messydiaper
JOCKMAN said:
I have some significant wetting about 2 - 4 times per year so I wear adult training underwear and PUL pp every night. The other 361 days of the year are for my mental security and not knowing which nights I may have a small accident. Last April I woke up with a stream shooting across my waist inside my trainers. Of course I was wearing my protection and I was 100% satisfied and just went back to sleep happy that I had protection to keep from wetting the sheets
I have some wetting this last month around 8 wetting, but I have been under a lot of stress so I think that is the issue, and not because I have been wearing diapers, right? I wasn’t even wearing every night before, of course now I am
Because it is hard to clean up everything especially the pillows did your number of wetting increased after you start wearing everynight or still the same?

Peepeegirl said:
I have some wetting this last month around 8 wetting, but I have been under a lot of stress so I think that is the issue, and not because I have been wearing diapers, right? I wasn’t even wearing every night before, of course now I am
Because it is hard to clean up everything especially the pillows did your number of wetting increased after you start wearing everynight or still the same?
You ask a great question @Peepeegirl , I remember early around age 5 thinking I still had accidents because I wore trainers & pp; of course the reason I was put back into trainers and pp was because I wet my sleeping bag at a family church camp 3 nights straight. So for nights after this I woke up wet in the middle of the night but I became grateful for my protection. Eventually I did not wake up during the night but became use to being wet 3 - 4 times per week and just accepted it each morning still being thankful for no wet sheets. By age 7 I was dry again and back into regular big boy underwear but at age 8 and my first sleepover I soaked my friend's bed and ultimately on another sleepover his mom had to put me in a full diaper and plastic underpants fitted for my bigger size. I actually / eventually was OK with this because it taught me that if my regular trainers and pp leaked, there was even better protection for me. I had another dry spell and then in college my bw issue came back and I easily put myself back into diapers and pp that kept my bed dry and the rest of the dorm hallway never -knowing (my roommate was great with me taking this protection, he had bw issues until he was 10). Sometime by my late 20's I was not wetting myself at night that much and with a brief break from protective undergarments I eventually had some small wettings, about 8 - 10 times per year, so I put myself back into adult training underwear and plastic underpants which took care of my chaotic thinking each night if I would have another accident or not. I never hid this from my partners nor my now wife and I only have small wettings about 2 - 4 times per year now after 20 years. So I actually got a bit better, not 100% (361 nights dry , 3 - 4 wet - not a bad ratio!), but I am fine with wearing my trainers and pp each night. I see it as being responsible for my situation and I am able to sleep better.

My point being, in the short term you are hopefully going to accept wearing protective undergarments at night to get a restful sleep without wet, cold sheets to wake up in. In the longer term you are going to try and do some of the items others have mentioned on this forum about trailing off liquids earlier in the evening, etc. I suggest wearing protection a majority of nights and them take a one night break, and try switching on / off for a greater time period. Don't push it, other variables in your life could be involved in this and beating yourself up on multiple fronts will be over whelming. You have immediate protection from bw so see that benefit for now and you can get a good night's sleep. Give yourself time and see if this helps. If not your doctor is your best friend to consult about why you are having issues at night and he can help you through it with you why you work on it.

Sorry so long but I have been through what your "simple" question is asking and it took me several months to work this out all by myself many years ago. My youth background though with bw and nighttime protection eventually became my explanation (likely deep anxiety that I can bury) so I accept my situation quite well as it does not affect the rest of my life nor my relationships with people.

Currently I am having a decision quandary involving some good friends that I have stayed over at their house and after having to let them know I need a plastic mattress cover on the guest bed, they are still great friends but have correlated me to their 10 year old nephew that has the same bw issue and leakage sometimes from his pullups. They know I wear plastic underpants (I think) and have offered to pick up some adult pullups for me next time I stay with them just like they do with their nephew so he does not have so much bulk in his suitcase....I am not sure which way to go on this offer or my thought to be as up front with them as possible about my occasional nighttime issue / full time wearing protection. After 40+ years of wearing nighttime protection I thought I had experienced it all - guess not....it does make life interesting.

JOCKMAN said:
You ask a great question @Peepeegirl , I remember early around age 5 thinking I still had accidents because I wore trainers & pp; of course the reason I was put back into trainers and pp was because I wet my sleeping bag at a family church camp 3 nights straight. So for nights after this I woke up wet in the middle of the night but I became grateful for my protection. Eventually I did not wake up during the night but became use to being wet 3 - 4 times per week and just accepted it each morning still being thankful for no wet sheets. By age 7 I was dry again and back into regular big boy underwear but at age 8 and my first sleepover I soaked my friend's bed and ultimately on another sleepover his mom had to put me in a full diaper and plastic underpants fitted for my bigger size. I actually / eventually was OK with this because it taught me that if my regular trainers and pp leaked, there was even better protection for me. I had another dry spell and then in college my bw issue came back and I easily put myself back into diapers and pp that kept my bed dry and the rest of the dorm hallway never -knowing (my roommate was great with me taking this protection, he had bw issues until he was 10). Sometime by my late 20's I was not wetting myself at night that much and with a brief break from protective undergarments I eventually had some small wettings, about 8 - 10 times per year, so I put myself back into adult training underwear and plastic underpants which took care of my chaotic thinking each night if I would have another accident or not. I never hid this from my partners nor my now wife and I only have small wettings about 2 - 4 times per year now after 20 years. So I actually got a bit better, not 100% (361 nights dry , 3 - 4 wet - not a bad ratio!), but I am fine with wearing my trainers and pp each night. I see it as being responsible for my situation and I am able to sleep better.

My point being, in the short term you are hopefully going to accept wearing protective undergarments at night to get a restful sleep without wet, cold sheets to wake up in. In the longer term you are going to try and do some of the items others have mentioned on this forum about trailing off liquids earlier in the evening, etc. I suggest wearing protection a majority of nights and them take a one night break, and try switching on / off for a greater time period. Don't push it, other variables in your life could be involved in this and beating yourself up on multiple fronts will be over whelming. You have immediate protection from bw so see that benefit for now and you can get a good night's sleep. Give yourself time and see if this helps. If not your doctor is your best friend to consult about why you are having issues at night and he can help you through it with you why you work on it.

Sorry so long but I have been through what your "simple" question is asking and it took me several months to work this out all by myself many years ago. My youth background though with bw and nighttime protection eventually became my explanation (likely deep anxiety that I can bury) so I accept my situation quite well as it does not affect the rest of my life nor my relationships with people.

Currently I am having a decision quandary involving some good friends that I have stayed over at their house and after having to let them know I need a plastic mattress cover on the guest bed, they are still great friends but have correlated me to their 10 year old nephew that has the same bw issue and leakage sometimes from his pullups. They know I wear plastic underpants (I think) and have offered to pick up some adult pullups for me next time I stay with them just like they do with their nephew so he does not have so much bulk in his suitcase....I am not sure which way to go on this offer or my thought to be as up front with them as possible about my occasional nighttime issue / full time wearing protection. After 40+ years of wearing nighttime protection I thought I had experienced it all - guess not....it does make life interesting.
Thanks for the reply it does makes me feel
Better I was scared that I made myself do that because I was wearing diapers, because I live alone I don’t mind wearing the diapers at all, specially because I live in an apartment so there not a lot place to dry clothes and my dryer doesn’t handle blankets very well and the pillows I almost destroyed washing one of them, but I am glad to know that is not my fault and for now I am okay with my diaper, my therapist thinks is a type of regression so she said I don’t have to said anything to the doctor yet, but if continues she said that I should then. Thanks again for taking the time

Peepeegirl said:
Thanks for the reply it does makes me feel
Better I was scared that I made myself do that because I was wearing diapers, because I live alone I don’t mind wearing the diapers at all, specially because I live in an apartment so there not a lot place to dry clothes and my dryer doesn’t handle blankets very well and the pillows I almost destroyed washing one of them, but I am glad to know that is not my fault and for now I am okay with my diaper, my therapist thinks is a type of regression so she said I don’t have to said anything to the doctor yet, but if continues she said that I should then. Thanks again for taking the time
I am glad you have a therapist and you can talk to her freely. I am sure my wearing has some tie to regression and the comfort and security I have from wearing nighttime protection but I think that is fine. If I did not wear in a year and wet the bed 3 - 4 times, I would be furious with myself and be miserable every night wondering if I would have an accident or not. So my protection keeps me 99% good & mentally stable for my life. :)

In college I had to wear nighttime protection every night for about the first year and then it began to taper off. However trying to judge which night to wear regular underwear vs my snap on diaper and plastic underpants was Russian roulette and after about 2 - 3 weeks it dawned on me how crazy I was for trying to get lucky and have very poor sleep that affected my grades; all while getting frustrated at not getting rid of my NE in just one month. I wore continuously for about 3 years and only then began to taper off (wear protection 6 of 7 nights, for about 3 months, then go to 5 nights for about 3 months, etc.)

It is nice and she was telling me how much I improved about telling/talking to her. Yeah I don’t my mind my regression too for now I am okay, and the wearing for now I will continue, because I have been sleeping better and when my accidents start to be more far apart I can decide if I will wear more, but for now I am okay wearing too

Reactions: JOCKMAN
Back