Over 18's on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Any of you that are members of other sites like this one, can you either tell me what the general opinon of other AB/DL's of the big 3 Secures Abri's and Bambinos vs Dry 24/7. Darkfinn said they are great, I am inclined to believe him, but I just wondered if you guys know, or could create a poll, so we have a wider knowledge base.

D

daria7483

I haven't tried all those, but I'm wondering why you only want over 18's responding. Although we're probably more likely to have tried them than teens here, I would guess there are some who can give you a good response.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm way past my teens, and the only diapers you have there I have used were the secures, If I wanted to spend alot of money on diapers, and I can if I wanted to, I would buy secure X+'s.

I have used up about a case of secures so far, but I can't see spending that much for a diaper, if I had an incontenence problem I would use them, but I would rather use a cheap diaper and pay 50 cents each like I'm doing now, than to spend almost 2 bucks for a first quality diaper.

Yes I'm cheap, but I would rather spend my money on something else, like a new car or something I really want in the future.

Role
Diaper Lover
I would rather use a cheap diaper and pay 50 cents each like I'm doing now, than to spend almost 2 bucks for a first quality diaper.

Yes I'm cheap, but I would rather spend my money on something else, like a new car or something I really want in the future.
Cheap diapers are not the same as the famous brands. Cheap diapers is no fun and leak easily :sad:

For saving money, I would like to use fewer diapers rather than use cheap diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover
I meant 18's so they could go out and scout other sites, but anyone can, I just assumed that it was more likely that older people would have accounts at other sites because of some of them being 18+.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Well... a valid question Alex.

From other sites I've surveyed and other DLs I've talked to... Abri X-plus is still #1 in the hearts and minds of a vast majority of people. They're not too expensive... are super-absorbant, and have become the "old standby" for many AB/DLs. A lot of people are satisfied with them and aren't looking for anything else in a diaper.

Bambinos have a large following as well... not as much as the Abris though. I see a lot of ABs buying them for the babyish look. Sure, they are comfortable, highly absorbant, and the tapes are far superior to what Abri uses... but when it comes right down to it you are paying for the look. To me... wearing 24/7 as I do... diapers are just a form of underwear... and I don't typically show them off to anyone but LuvsGurl... so looks matter less.

The Secure X-plus is practically the same diaper as Bambino... just without the baby look... and at a reduced price. If I had to live with one diaper for the rest of my life it would be the Secures. They are absorbant like an Abri without being as thick... the refastenable tapes are awesome for getting that perfect fit... and the price, while a bit steep, is justified by their overall quality.

The Dry 24/7s are the new diaper on the block... and are facing some tough competition. I've only seen a handful of posts about them on other sites. Their capacity is really top notch and they are soft and comfortable. The Dry 24/7 website advertises 10-hour holding power... and both LuvsGurl & I can attest to that. Put one on... go do whatever it is you want... all day... come home at night and change. However... I haven't actually ordered a case for myself yet as I am really reluctant to ditch my current Attends & Secure combo to try something else. Though I probably will when I get paid next.

The Dry 24/7s have one other thing going for them right now... price. A case is $75 to your door for 72 diapers. Way less than Secure or Bambino or even Abri. I will have to formulate a more rounded opinion of them when I actually order a case. But I can tell you that the ladies love them. LuvsGurl wears them around the house and when we go out in public. My new friend Jennifer is using them as well... and I have heard nothing but good things from both of them.

Role
Diaper Lover
I guess I'll stick to ATN's then, cheap and good enough for me for my current ability to buy, which is none.

D

daria7483

To me... wearing 24/7 as I do... diapers are just a form of underwear... and I don't typically show them off to anyone but LuvsGurl... so looks matter less.
EWWWW! TMI! Darkfinn and luvsgurl sittin' in a tree... :laugh:

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Cheap diapers are not the same as the famous brands. Cheap diapers is no fun and leak easily :sad:

If I wore diapers all day I would buy good diapers, I can't see wasteing money on good diapers for a few hours a day.

Tops for me is maybe 6 hours, and I have no problem getting 6 hours out of a cheap diaper, I use a microfiber towel as a stuffer, without the towel they won't make it, but for they are good enough.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I guess I'll stick to ATN's then, cheap and good enough for me for my current ability to buy, which is none.
Tranquility ATN are great diapers too, but not as absorbent as abena or secure (I don't have any experience with the new dry 24/7 ones). They are also more discrete than the thicker brands, and are definitely worth a try for times you don't have to or don't want to have a thick diaper on or will be able to change regularly.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I'm going to have to give the ATNs another try. I had them a while back and wasn't very impressed... yet I keep hearing good things about them. Maybe I'll order a sample sometime soon.

jenoleander

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Dry

I have not tried very many but I really do like the Dry 24/7s. Granted I have only been using the for about two weeks but I find then quite comfortable and the have great "holding" capasity. Although they do have a tendancy to sag a bit.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i feel like the odd ball out.
this is how i would rank them

1. abri form x plus
2. bambinos

3. 24/7

although the 24/7 were very good compared to most, i didnt think they could even compare to the other two.

idk, to each his/her own i guess

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm going to have to give the ATNs another try. I had them a while back and wasn't very impressed... yet I keep hearing good things about them. Maybe I'll order a sample sometime soon.
I have tried the ATN's, (Tranquility All-Through-the-Night), I found that they were a fairly superier diaper, not in need of an extra stuffer unless duration was around 6 hours+. They are quite trim as far as the rise is concerned however, as well as the flaps for the tapes, so I would consider ordering in a size larger than what you normally wear, if one were to purchase these. However, this did not seem to affect diaper performance, but I personally prefere a bit of bulk and rise.
As with any diaper, try SOME before you buy a case.

timmywimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
For those i the UK - dont bother with the boots staydry 'pull on' briefs. Despite the title these use tapes so they at least look like a proper nappy/diaper - but they hold (at most) two ordinary wets before they start squirting everything out in a completely giveaway fasion - basically you're standing there with trousers that are dry around the crotch and backside and wet everywhere else. They are almost DESIGNED for those amongst us who want to reveal to the world that they are wearing. No good! I can't imagine how disappoiting they must be for people who are truly incontinent and can't get hold of anythign else.

Going off-topic - as for plastic pants, Boots in the UK also used to do PVC pants up to and extra large, which where generous in size (up to about 55 inch hip), supportive of saggy nappies (particularly if you wore several pairs of these pants), and a neutral solid white that was pleasntly slippery but not otherwise - if someone saw the wasistband sticking out of your trousers - an instant, solid giveaway that you were wearing plastic pants and nappies. Now Boots have discontinued them - large si their largest size, and they aren't large enough to accomodate a generous thickness of nappy, and at the same time most high street chemists in the UK have also stopped selling or stocking plastic pants in larger sizes! It's definitely an internet-only option now unless you l;ive in our biggest cities. Has anyone else noticed this?? It's a conspiracy!!

Starchild

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i have only tried Bambinos (they are hard to get in the UK) and i loved them, very expesnise and only 8 in a pack but i really felt like i was a baby back in Pampers! so bambinos are great if you wanta babyish nappy and i think they perfored pretty well to! cant comment on the others, my regular nappy is tena slip maxi and i think that the best there is!

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have tried the ATN's, (Tranquility All-Through-the-Night), I found that they were a fairly superier diaper, not in need of an extra stuffer unless duration was around 6 hours+. .
ATN! Was the diaper I had been looking for forever. Very 'old pampers' like. Best diaper I have found, although the Bambinos are sounding good too.

Double up an ATN and you can hardly tell they are wet at all even after multiple wettings. They also make an insert that is the same material, but without the outside plastic.

Hardly a leak since I started using them. Any diaper will leak when pushed to limits, but these are very trustworthy.

Role
Diaper Lover
Abris are the Caddilac of adult diapers. They are not very babyish though. Secures are very nice, but again not quite babyish. Bambinos are basically Secures, with babyish print on the front. I still prefer the Abris. I'll cover them with rubber pants or even double over the with something that has a better feel on the outside, like Attends or FQP. When I cover and Abri with an FQP or Attends, I can sleep soundly without worrying as you cannot ger that combination to leak if you wanted too!

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
The Secure X-plus is practically the same diaper as Bambino... just without the baby look... and at a reduced price. If I had to live with one diaper for the rest of my life it would be the Secures. They are absorbant like an Abri without being as thick... the refastenable tapes are awesome for getting that perfect fit... and the price, while a bit steep, is justified by their overall quality.
Just to clarify for those that haven't seen 'em, it's not like the Secures are thin or anything. Their bulk is almost as much as an Abriform X-Plus, and capacity is pretty much the same (the Abris have more cellulose filler, and the Secures have more gel).

I tried a Dry 24/7 a couple weeks ago, and while it was a decent diaper, there are a few drawbacks. To sell them at the price they do, they definitely cheapened out on the padding. What's there is very absorbent, but the padding area doesn't extend much into the wings of the diaper at all (causing leaks out the legs while sitting down). The tapes really aren't anything special, and the crotch isn't as wide as, say, a comparable Abena Super or Secure Plus.

The Abena Super and Secure Plus are undoubtedly better diapers, and the Secure is even cheaper, at 80 cents a diaper (shipped, per case) vs. $1.04 for the Dry 24/7.

As someone else mentioned, the Tranquility ATNs are my favorite "cheap" diaper. They're reasonably absorbent, soft, and thin enough to wear out to work and stuff, and they can be had CHEAP if you look around. I've gotten cases of 96 off Ebay for less than $50 in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.