Out of town trip advice.

CheshireCat said:
@Angelapinks and @LupintheWolf The OP explained in post #5 above what he meant by oven donor.
I was kind of thinking about that at first but then thought it was just a wrong key hit. Makes sense now, thanks.

Reactions: diaperedEMT
Oh wow okay it’s been a while since I’ve posted here- but just saw this and though “woah, something I can actually help with!”

D.C. is honestly awesome, I was just there to show an English friend around! I’m sure you’re going to be touring the national mall, so changing rooms are not a problem! Every public building/Smithsonian in the mall is required to have a men’s, women’s, and family restroom on each floor (or every other, I can’t remember), and clearly marked signs to direct you! Other than that, most every store and restaurant in D.C has a family or private restroom in it, so there’s no shortage of places to change! Most restrooms are clean… some are not… but chances are you won’t have a problem with that! Just please, do not go anywhere that looks even remotely sketchy! Chances are it is, and chances are they have a major lack of bathrooms… Lol!

When I went last no one I went with knew I wear (and still don’t), even so I wore a megamax with a PUL cover just in case. I opted to change/check how wet I am every 3 hours, and so I brought 3 changes to ensure that, if I needed it, I would have a change for every check. Naturally, because the megamax is magical, I only had to change once, right before we left for the 2 hour drive home, and after a 9 hour excursion + the drive there!

So in short, if you pack plenty of spares and can excuse yourself every once and a while you’ll be perfectly fine! Enjoy the trip! :)

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and diaperedEMT
I wear Tranquility ATNs,with a rubber pant,these diapers are thinner,but have pretty good absorbancy,I carry a messenger bag for spare diapers when out for the day, at night I put a rubber sheet on the bed for protection.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I would recommend using a Trest with a pair of Garywears diaper covers, this combo will last all day.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
diaperedEMT said:
I swear by Mega Maxes. I was looking for more opinions of how and where diaper changing friendly bathrooms would be located. Just trying to see if anyone had been to DC and how they dealt with it.

My wardrobe would be just as I was going to work. Loose fitting pants and my onsie. Other than my uniform my clothing options are limited as I pretty much live at work. I’ve come to realize in my field you have to work twice as hard to make a livable wage, when it’s honest. I currently work enough hours in my full time gig that equals 2 full time jobs. I usually average a minimum of 72-76 hours a week and still pick up a couple shifts a month at two other PRN positions. However that won’t change until EMS is considered an essential public need, but that’s here nor there.

I’m taking enough diapers for 4 changes a day, but honestly probably won’t need that much. I’d rather be prepared for any unexpected changes and would not like to run out and end up buying some cheap store brand that would end up leaking before I could get changed. I am very appreciative of all the feedback I’m getting, thanks again everyone.
if you're in dc you want protection you can trust for 8 or more hours, the place is busy, and you may also want plastic pants

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back