Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Look what I did :'(

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8159/dscn7152ls5.jpg

Look what I did! :( I was transporting my 3.5" heavy-bastard of a hard drive from my external case into my server -- when I noticed it was hot and started to burn my hands. It fell out, and the corner of it SLAMMED into my Mac. :'(

The dent is HUGE! the picture doesn't really show it, but the dent stretches across about an inch in total (difference in depth from the rest of the case...)

I'm so mad at myself! As if the poor girl didn't have enough aesthetic defects from getting bashed around by my mom ='(. Now I got this ultra-noticeable defect... grar

Role
Diaper Lover
Completely off topic at your expense: if your HDD is hot enough to burn your hands, then my HDD might actually be 60C.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Thank's for the reinforcement of my epic failure, Alex. woot4u. not xP

hah.

this one was probably around 50C

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Long as it works be happy :).

Of course I can't say much, I'm ridiculously anal about the appearance of all my possessions =/. I'd probably go into shock if that happened to my computer case, lol.

Role
Diaper Lover
Mine is 60C.

Get Fixadent. Car dent thing, fix it! I'd be pissed if I dented mah puter. The fail of me getting caught is 9999999x worse than your fail though. :(

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Only a mac user would care about the physical aspect of his computer XD See, as a PC user, my first concern would be to check if there was any internal hardware damage..

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
S

stanfordhawks

thank god macs are pretty durable since most are durable with metal or epoxy cases.

is that a titanium g3 or macbook pro?

just run system utility and make sure everything is ok. it should be ok cause the hard drive is on the left side. and the motherboard is underneath the keyboard and the memory is under the keyboard or on the bottom of the computer. hope it helps

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
She's a PowerBook G4 (last PowerBook to go on sale before the release of the MacBook Pro) 15.2".

And Sawaa, of course that was the first thing I did. <_<. Just because I'm a mac user doesn't mean that I'm an arrogant f#ck who just cares about 'breaking a nail'. After I checked to make sure everything internal was fine, I started to weep about the damage.

*is sick of all the stereotypes of Mac users.* I'm a PC user too, you know...

-.-'

andy: my 'Book is also very... yikerz.

^ you can see the hard drive that did the damage <__<

Yeah... she's in bad shape... thanks mom! >_____>

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Wow...she did THAT? That laptop looks like it's been around the world a couple times...

Only thing I would be worried about is the hard drive...and possibly some loose solder joints developing on the motherboard...

Mine was dropped from 4ft onto a concrete floor (it hit the floor on the corner in the pic...)

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Mine was "placed" out of the car one time -- it rolled twice before landing screen-down (screen was closed) which caused the defects on the corners and the hideousness you see on top of the screen.

Then it was thrown off that white table when I forgot to do some laundry >_>. It was open, and it landed face down -- killing the screen hinge -- so it doesn't close all the way. Shown in that last photo -- that's as far as it closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.