diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I have some really crappy diapers that are not good for their intended purpose so I have used them for other things.

The other day I was removing the plug from my sink to clean it so it would drain better. I used a diaper to put under the sink just incase water came out when I pulled the part off. This worked out very we I even used the diaper to clean off the plug.

I have also used them to clean up big spills and even some pee from my dog when I was house training her.

What other things have you used diapers for?

I once stuck a couple of diapers in the crack under a door to block out the cold. It worked great as insulation and for stopping the wind.

• Haha
Reactions: jspoter, theancientmariner and diaperfooties
I've used baby diapers for cold compresses: pour ice water into diaper to make swell, apply. And the best part is that if on an arm or leg, and if the diaper is the right size, you can wrap and tape it in place!

• Wow
Reactions: JWolf, DprEffect, jspoter and 2 others
I remember thinking about using an adult nappy for a leaky pipe once, but I couldn't bring myself to waste one...

• Haha
Reactions: jspoter, diaperfooties and BobbiSueEllen
Slomo said:
I once stuck a couple of diapers in the crack under a door to block out the cold. It worked great as insulation and for stopping the wind.
I love that idea! I don't know what else to do to keep the wind chill from coming inside from under the door. Cheap diapers it is!

• Love
Reactions: jspoter and diaperfooties
You can use the inside of the nappy to put in mud to help plants grow, soaks up moisture that plants can then take in, you can also make fake snow.

• Wow
Reactions: Foxroxsox, jspoter, diaperfooties and 2 others
they make very good oil rags, for spill and changing gas filters, and other vehicle liquids

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoran, jspoter, diaperfooties and 3 others
DannyBBaby said:
they make very good oil rags, for spill and changing gas filters, and other vehicle liquids
when our kids were bore we would buy 2 dozen cloth diapers for them ( we had 5 kids) those would get them all the way though to potty training, My wife would give me the diapers after for rags ,, dang sure are the best rags you can find..

Reactions: jspoter, BobbiSueEllen and checkingoutall
I have never used disposable diapers for anything other than their main purpose - mainly because I never thought about it.

On the other hand, cloth diapers I use for dusting and cleaning as needed.

Reactions: jspoter, diaperfooties and BobbiSueEllen
You could make a dress...

• Haha
Reactions: Zoran, Lorelei, stinkape and 3 others
I hope she wore a nappy under that dress as well ;)

Reactions: DippyDawg and Lorelei
I used to do a lot of airbrush art work. I bought this neat thing about the size of an oatmeal container that had a hole in the top. You pointed the airbrush in there when you were cleaning it out and it collected all the paint/solvent (otherwise you'd shoot it on old newspaper or something, this was much neater).

One day, I figured the thing was probably "full" by now so I opened it up to find out what was inside. There was some fibrous material at the top, presumably to avoid back spray, but underneath was a single baby diaper. I guess that's as absorbent as anything they could have put in there.

I use my original baby sized terry towel stuffers as cleaning cloths in my truck as they soak up water quick and dry quite quick as well

My wife put ice inside baby diapers to put on her lady parts after childbirth. When the ice melted the diaper soaked it all up and nothing else got wet.

I have used them when out on the road to remove fog from my trucks windshield, windows and even mirrors in dire situations. Also I always kept a packet of cheap baby diapers in my sidebox to keep handprints and smudges off the polished parts of my Kenworth.

Reactions: DippyDawg
I once used cheap medical diapers to wrap glassware and other fragile items for a move. The tapes were the perfect thing to hold them snug and together.

Reactions: Foxroxsox
I once got a piece of computing equipment from another ABDL site owner that had (unused) cloth diaper pads as the packing material.

Cool! I'm learning new ideas from this thread! I'm going to use them when I move next on my dishes.
In the past, I've mixed in the fluff from a high SAP diaper with some potting soil to help some house plants stay hydrated.

Reactions: diaperfooties and chamberpot
Foxroxsox said:
Cool! I'm learning new ideas from this thread! I'm going to use them when I move next on my dishes.
In the past, I've mixed in the fluff from a high SAP diaper with some potting soil to help some house plants stay hydrated.
I threw all the sap and filler from 100's of diapers into my potting soil pile for years, only threw away the plastic shells

Back