Other Payment Options for Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

Hi, I was just curious if there's any othe rpayment options or will be.

Being only 14 (almost 15), I don't own a paypal account or anything and generally send money orders out. I'd like to donate to adisc but I have no way of donating.

:sweatdrop:

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Error404

Being only 14 (almost 15), I don't own a paypal account or anything and generally send money orders out. I'd like to donate to adisc but I have no way of donating.

It's rather easy to set up a Paypal account, well worth the effort too, failing that, it'd probably be best to private message Moo regarding this topic, as, if he would accept a money order, that he'd not like to make his address public knowledge. ^_^

I can't really imagine any other safe (or feasible) manner that anyone else could actually sugguest that wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb to those around you.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
There have been other threads about this and in those threads people basically came to the conclusion that paypal was and is the only option.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
In addition to what is said, a lot of us make a fair bit of money and we always make the donation limit, if not exceed it. So the best way you can contribute to the forums is swell posting and to integrate the newbies into our community smoothly.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Prepaid credit card things...You can buy them at grocery stores, pharmacies or whatever...And put what you want on them, and use them online...I don't know if they have them in Canada though...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I use PayPal because it allows me to accept payments from many countries all over the world... without requiring me to disclose my name, address, or even the country I live in (I have a special setup that means I don't have to give out any info).

I'm not going to accept any payment method that requires me to disclose an address (even the country) or any personal details (even stuff like a bank account number).

If you're 15, you should focus on making sure your own life goes well. Save that money for medical care. Or give it to charity. I am proud of the fact that this site is supported solely by member donations, but I do not want to be accepting a teenager's pocket money. That wouldn't be ethical. The people I want to donate are the college students and young adults who have been with ADISC for years and who have relied upon this site to help them make friends and get through tough times.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

agreed.
we need more payment options like prepaid
Edit:i was just about to make a thread about this same topic.

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
agreed.
we need more payment options like prepaid
Edit:i was just about to make a thread about this same topic.
Well, this is the reason it doesn't happen:

I use PayPal because it allows me to accept payments from many countries all over the world... without requiring me to disclose my name, address, or even the country I live in (I have a special setup that means I don't have to give out any info).

I'm not going to accept any payment method that requires me to disclose an address (even the country) or any personal details (even stuff like a bank account number).

If you're 15, you should focus on making sure your own life goes well. Save that money for medical care. Or give it to charity. I am proud of the fact that this site is supported solely by member donations, but I do not want to be accepting a teenager's pocket money. That wouldn't be ethical. The people I want to donate are the college students and young adults who have been with ADISC for years and who have relied upon this site to help them make friends and get through tough times.
Thread closed as the discussion is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.