• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Original Donation System

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Since the original donation system is back, can I have my pink name back? I miss it. D=

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'll think about it, but right now, I'm leaning towards not giving donors special features. Aside from the administration of these features being a pain, we got more donations from keeping it low-key.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Alright, but originally wasn't it just the pink name anyhow? So technically it's still lowkey.

*gives Moo a cookie* I jus' want the pink name. :(

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah, I'll pay money for the pink name.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If you do it that way everyone will have a pink name in the end (that's how it was starting to be last time)

If you do a pink name give it to them for 30 days and that they lose it again.

And if you do it is there a way to have the VIPs get bold pink and the regulars a normal pink, that'll keep people from getting confused (like I was in the end)

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
If you want to keep it "low key" then if you do not give a pink name, but under the stats page there could be a like a 'donation history'. So people do get to say "Look I've donated!". But its up to the donor whether to display this info or not. To keep their own privacy.

But then again, its just more administration and coding work to do. Which is to be avoided as it may beak after updates and other mods etc.

If we were to implement the Pink name again, I think we should implement Martin's idea of Bolding the name for VIPs. As for a day limit? Well, you may want to consider the amount donated. As people may prefer to give in a larger amount and fewer intervals rather than small amounts at regular intervals.

Personally, I prefer no pink username or anything like that. I think the little bar at top is enough. It makes the site more cluttered and messy if people start having different colour names and slightly different layouts etc...

For that, I would like something a little subtle. So far the user titles of "Historic Donor" seems to do well. And if they donated for this months goal, why not replace it as "Recent Donor" Or something?

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
The pink name doesn't matter as much to me as being able to distinguish who is a VIP from non-VIP. So if the pink name thing does end up coming back, I definitely think VIP's should have bold pink names to avoid confusion, as others here have stated.

And I thought I was the only one!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
How long does it take for your donation to show up on the bar thing?

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I would just like to note that i really liked the pink name thing... it was something that had no real effect on the forum, but did give a way to show that someone was donating etc without having any real effect on the forums.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I won't donate again for a time-limited pink name :X I'd happily donate another $50 for a perma-pink name, however.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I won't donate again for a time-limited pink name :X I'd happily donate another $50 for a perma-pink name, however.
Or...You could donate to help out the site...It's not all about the rewards

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Alright, but originally wasn't it just the pink name anyhow? So technically it's still lowkey.

*gives Moo a cookie* I jus' want the pink name. :(

give mandi her pinknaaaaamebaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack11111eleven!!! *sobs, sucks thumb and throws tantrum*

Srsly, though, the green is clashing with her avatar. Bring back the pink name.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I agree...pink is nice. And it went with my avatar and my posts!

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Or...You could donate to help out the site...It's not all about the rewards
Given I was like..the first donor once the forum became Adisc...I don't think you ought to be lecturing, thanks.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Given I was like..the first donor once the forum became Adisc...I don't think you ought to be lecturing, thanks.
So what if you were the first? You could still donate to help the site and not for the rewards...I'll lecture all I want :D

Status
Not open for further replies.